News:

COMMERCIAL SITES: Please note - if WANT A BANNER LINK? displayed on this site, please contact FEMMEFIGHT

Chatting through external irc program?

• 6 Replies

Offline Neckbreaker

Chatting through external irc program?
« on: March 04, 2020, 04:09:12 PM »
Hi!

I wonder if it's possible to log into the chat room through an external irc program, rather than the webpage? I tried through HexChat (using irc server freecatfights.com and port 6667), but I kept timing out trying to connect to the server. Is it something wrong with my settings, or is it simply impossible to access the server outside of the webpage?

Offline rickypower

Re: Chatting through external irc program?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 05:42:12 PM »
Hi!

I wonder if it's possible to log into the chat room through an external irc program, rather than the webpage? I tried through HexChat (using irc server freecatfights.com and port 6667), but I kept timing out trying to connect to the server. Is it something wrong with my settings, or is it simply impossible to access the server outside of the webpage?

Possibly, but why?

If you want to go directly to the kiwi IRC log in rather than through the sites webpage use the below link .

https://www.freecatfights.com/irc/

Anyone who never fails is someone who never tries

Offline Neckbreaker

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 05:59:14 PM »
Because I want to. I have no problem logging in through Kiwi, but the question here is if I can use an external IRC client, like for example HexChat.

Offline BigDevil

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 08:45:44 PM »
Because I want to. I have no problem logging in through Kiwi, but the question here is if I can use an external IRC client, like for example HexChat.

Yes you can. But I forget the port number. Also when using a external irc client you cant view profiles.
Have fun and tussle.

Offline OutGhost

• YaBB Administrator
    • Let Me In The Club
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 07:59:37 PM »
Yes you can!

However connections are limited to one per user.

server address: freecatfights.com
server port: 6697
enable TLS!! encryption for the win!!
user: your forum username
pass: your forum password

Note again, you can only have one connection. So no use of WebIRC while another IRC client is open. Then again, there are some benefits about using a irc client to connect to an irc network vs a javascript client in the browser.

Offline Neckbreaker

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2020, 08:32:04 PM »
It worked! Thanks!

Offline Nixie

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2021, 10:45:58 PM »
Doesn't seem to be working for me