News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

How can I have a hidden Buddie, when I haven't added any?

• 5 Replies

Offline Cinnamon_Cougar

• God Member
The system tells me I have NO buddies.  I haven't added one, because I wanted a buddie to be someone special. 

Is there a way someone can add me, then I can't see them?  This seems highly suspicious to me. 

Offline catfightlover40

• God Member
  • Life is like a boxing chocolate
Re: How can I have a hidden Buddie, when I haven't added any?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 12:01:39 AM »
The system tells me I have NO buddies.  I haven't added one, because I wanted a buddie to be someone special. 

Is there a way someone can add me, then I can't see them?  This seems highly suspicious to me.

Regular user here, no, it should be impossible as for in order for you to be someone's buddy, they still need your consent of accepting it. What you may see on the main page is a member being hidden, but not from you, just hidden in general.
The  home of my multi-part work: https://www.patreon.com/powelltothepeople

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 10:29:29 AM »
Yeah no clue what you mean by a hidden buddy. Some members are hidden because of a old feature but all that means is you can't see they are online. Only thing I can think of is you looked at the number of members online and it showed there was one hidden person online and it might show beside your buddy count. The two things aren't related.

Offline Cinnamon_Cougar

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 11:44:08 PM »
Yeah no clue what you mean by a hidden buddy. Some members are hidden because of a old feature but all that means is you can't see they are online. Only thing I can think of is you looked at the number of members online and it showed there was one hidden person online and it might show beside your buddy count. The two things aren't related.

Yes.  What you said.  I have No Buddies.  I never added a Buddie.  But it shows I have 1 Hidden Buddie.  On the Freecats Menu page that we get when we login.  Strange.  How can I have ANY hidden Buddies?  It should be impossible. 

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 12:06:56 AM »

Yes.  What you said.  I have No Buddies.  I never added a Buddie.  But it shows I have 1 Hidden Buddie.  On the Freecats Menu page that we get when we login.  Strange.  How can I have ANY hidden Buddies?  It should be impossible.

You don't have any hidden buddies. As i explained to you you are reading things wrong. I shouldn't have to explain this in all this detail. When you see 0 Buddies 1 Hidden, it is not saying you have a hidden buddy. It is reading of the members on now you have no buddies and one member is hidden.  It isn't a hard concept.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 12:08:03 AM by nutmeg »

Offline Cinnamon_Cougar

• God Member
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2020, 08:12:49 PM »

I am sorry but I truly did not understand the first time.  Thank you for re-wording it. 

You don't have any hidden buddies. As i explained to you you are reading things wrong. I shouldn't have to explain this in all this detail. When you see 0 Buddies 1 Hidden, it is not saying you have a hidden buddy. It is reading of the members on now you have no buddies and one member is hidden.  It isn't a hard concept.