News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

Kiva’s Fight Journal

• 177 Replies

Offline Tiberius J.C.

• God Member
  • Profile pic: James Mason as Tiberius in "A.D."
Re: Kiva’s Fight Journal
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2021, 11:10:17 AM »
I think Carl writes catfight stories better than I do. Maybe when I’m done with him here, I can bring him on my post as a guest author.
No one writes catfight stories better than you do [Blush emoji]  but there's no denying: the nerd has talent. Just think. When you two are married, you could be the Elizabeth Barrett / Robert Browning (not, I hope the Sylvia Plath / Ted Hughes) of the genre.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 11:40:11 AM by Tiberius J.C. »

Offline h_k

• God Member
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2021, 01:15:00 PM »
This could be you and Jaymie:
https://twitter.com/Soxthewavingcat/status/1358024168852381699?s=20
See now how valuable that left hook is?

Offline FyreCracka

• God Member
  • A husband and wife catfight writing team
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2021, 04:59:47 AM »
You've done it again, Kiva. You create the most interesting characters and manage to turn so many aspects and cliches of the genre (and people's perception of fans of the genre). You've definitely set the hook... now I can't wait for you to reel me in, pull me into the boat and bash me over the head with an oar.  :)
Fyre: a 5' 5 1/2", 130lbs, 39 years old, blonde hair and brown eyed brawler.

If you're interested in being in a story feel free to contact us.

We are now on Trillian: Fyrecracka

Offline h_k

• God Member
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2021, 12:00:42 PM »
You've done it again, Kiva. You create the most interesting characters and manage to turn so many aspects and cliches of the genre (and people's perception of fans of the genre). You've definitely set the hook... now I can't wait for you to reel me in, pull me into the boat and bash me over the head with an oar.  :)
Kelli, I don't think you should be encouraging Kiva to bash you with an oar, because although she's your friend and I know she'd only whack you very gently, Jolene is NOT your friend, and if she sees Kiva's allowed to use oars, she's going to want to use one too, and so will Micha, and so will Jaymie. And when Jaymie's finished, that alligator of hers is going to want a go, and if you think being eaten by a shark was the worst it could get, you've obviously never been whacked by an alligator wielding an oar.

Offline FyreCracka

• God Member
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2021, 04:37:07 PM »
Kelli, I don't think you should be encouraging Kiva to bash you with an oar, because although she's your friend and I know she'd only whack you very gently, Jolene is NOT your friend, and if she sees Kiva's allowed to use oars, she's going to want to use one too, and so will Micha, and so will Jaymie. And when Jaymie's finished, that alligator of hers is going to want a go, and if you think being eaten by a shark was the worst it could get, you've obviously never been whacked by an alligator wielding an oar.

Meh... alligators have short arms. They can't generate much force whilst swing an oar! I'm not scared!

Offline h_k

• God Member
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2021, 05:25:44 PM »

Meh... alligators have short arms. They can't generate much force whilst swing an oar! I'm not scared!
They hold them with their tails, silly! I just thought I should warn you, because people often have the wrong idea about crocodiles and alligators. They think they just sit around all day making shoes and handbags, and whilst I have heard they do make very nice shoes and handbags, that's not all they do. Their extracurricular activities – I mean, when they've finished for the day with the shoes and the handbags – are such as to make Jeffrey Dahmer look like a boy scout, and this time Kaida and Agnetha may not be around to rescue you, and I wouldn't count on Kiva either. She'll be busy, I expect, making whoopee with her new paramour (sure, she says she doesn't fancy him, but methinks the lady doth protest too much…).
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 05:48:47 PM by h_k »

Offline Kiva

• God Member
  • Critical Care RN
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2021, 02:28:44 AM »
Chapter 6: Life With Kiva (Part 2 of 2)

It’s Friday night, the eve before my fight with Claire. I’m sitting at the kitchen table with my laptop. Tom is watching TV in the living room. Clarissa went to bed after I looked over her homework. Chase, my beagle, is curled up on the floor at my feet as I sip my second glass of wine.

Claire and I finalized the rules this morning. Winner by submission. No fists, kicks or scratches to the head or face. I watch her videos again. She sucks. I mean, she really sucks. Against Destiny, she walked right into punches. Freda tied her up into a pretzel. She looks weak. She can’t stop strikes. When she shoots at her opponent’s legs, she practically trips over herself. In her last fight, she did manage a little offense, and even stunned her opponent once, but did not follow up and gave the match away. I wonder if she likes being a jobber.

I notice my catfight website inbox has three messages. First is from Destiny. What a strange coincidence. I haven’t met Destiny yet. I only know her from the video of Kelli’s fight with her.

“Yo girlfriend,” it reads. “Saw your knockout vids. Let’s talk.”

I’m not surprised. She seems to fancy herself as a striker and is probably looking to go fisticuffs with someone. I’d love to flatten that young punk. Maybe in the future. I don’t have time for her right now.

Next message is from “Gloria.” I have no idea who she is as I open her message.

“Hey bitch, stay away from Frank. He’s MINE! He loves watching me fight. I will tear you to pieces right in front of him....Got it, cxnt?”

What the hell? How does she know me? Did Frank say something to her? Did she see me in the hospital talking to Frank? I should have known Frank enjoys catfights. After all, he’s a male. It doesn’t matter if it’s Frank, Carl, kings, paupers, saints or sinners. Guys like watching women fight. I have no time for Gloria either. I respond.

“You’re barking up the wrong tree, hon. You and the other seven women claiming to be Frank’s girlfriend should have a tournament. I’ll present Frank to the winner. Good luck, bitch.”

The last message is from Paige! Jolene’s sister. This should be interesting.

“Hey Nurse. You better reserve a hospital bed. Kelli will need it after Jolene is done with her.”

I half expected there’d be growing tension between Paige and I. She’s in a snotty trophy wives clique at the country club. Then there was that condescending conversation at Billy’s. I’m on her shit list for siding with Kelli. Plus that whole episode with Jake and Jolene during Kelli’s cage fight. The two of us are probably headed for the cage ourselves. But not right now. I type.

“No, but there’s space in the morgue for Jolene.” I log out.

I take what’s left of my wine and head to living room to join my husband. But first, I make a detour to the medicine cabinet for a few ibuprofen pills. My right shoulder hurts. It happened today at work while transferring a patient from a litter to the bed. I was one of six female nurses involved. With three of us on each side, we grabbed onto the edge of a sheet underneath the patient to use as a sling to lift the patient. I was on the far side which meant I was bent over the litter. With the large man’s weight placing a strain on my back, shoulders, and arms, I cocked my hip to block an IV pole from falling. The shift in weight caused a sudden sharp pain in my shoulder. Determined to not let go of our patient I worked through the pain. It happens. There are many occupational risks in Nursing. All day, we stand, bend, lift, pull, carry, move people and equipment. We’re exposed to infections, biohazardous material, radiation. Many of the older nurses I know have chronic back problems. I’ll be fine, it’s just another sprain. I’ve had them before. It should be gone tomorrow.

Well, the fight is less than 24 hours away and Tom doesn’t know the stakes yet. Personally, I’m not worried about it. I know Claire has no chance. I’m bigger, faster, stronger and a much better fighter. Still, I know I shouldn’t have agreed to the stakes. I should have kept my cool. I never would have agreed to this against an equal fighter, but against Claire? It just doesn’t matter. But now, I got to get through this. It’s time to tell Tom. He’ll be upset at first but I can assure him it’s a total non-issue. I think it’s actually kind of funny. Imagine. Me and that geek having a roll in the hay. I think Tom will have a good laugh too when he sees Claire and Carl. Now all I have to do is go in there and tell him. I know how to present it to him.

“WHAT?......WHAT?.....WHAT?....DID I HEAR THAT RIGHT?....WHAT THE F-“

“Tom, keep your voice down. Clarissa is upstairs,” I try to say soothingly.”

“Kiva, are you NUTS? Are you out of your fu- um MIND? How COULD YOU?”

I calmly explain how I was provoked into it and lost my head by agreeing to the stakes. But I assure him that the chances of me losing are nonexistent.

“Dammit Kiva,” he scolds, “are you starting this shit again doing crazy dangerous things behind my back? You promised I would be fully informed of your fighting activity but this one...this one is off the charts. This takes the cake. It’s the most dumb ass thing you’ve ever done. EVER.” The harsh expression, popping neck veins, flushed face tell me he means business. My husband, in a word, is ....pissed.

“I won’t lose,” I repeat.

“Famous last words,” he warns. “No you won’t lose because you won’t be fighting. Cancel the fight.”

“I can’t,” I barely mumbled.

“Then cancel the stakes,” he orders. “They’re not valid because I wasn’t involved. You’re my wife and I should have a say if you’re going to risk running off to screw some virgin dork.”

“I don’t know if I can,” I breathe out, my voice barely audible.

“I don’t mind if you wear a bikini, lingerie, a thong, or fight topless or even nude in front of men. In fact, I think it’s hot. But if you so much as touch another man, we’re done!”

“Does that mean you’ll leave me,” I meekly ask. He pauses.

“Look,” he says, “here’s the deal. If you want to fight here tomorrow night, fine. If you lose and the stakes aren’t cancelled, you will stay here and I will personally throw the two of them out of this house myself. If I have to, I will call the cops. But, you are NOT going anywhere tomorrow night. I am so pissed at you, I can’t even see straight. Excuse me, but I’m going to bed.”

My husband leaves me with a cold expression before turning toward the bedroom. I sit down and try to collect myself. I know he is right about everything. He has a right to be angry. How could I have done something so stupid? In a sense, I did betray him. But this time tomorrow, it will all be over. I will win and everyone will be better off. Carl will start a new life away from his controlling sister. Claire might stop taking beatings. And they will both be out of my hair.

I slip into my nightgown and crawl into bed. I snuggle up to my husband who....rolls to his side turning his back to me.

“Tom?” I call out.

No answer but I know he’s awake. He won’t talk to me. I’m being shunned...and I don’t blame him. I lie on my back and stare at the ceiling fan. I’m wide awake. I doubt I’ll be falling asleep anytime soon. And my shoulder feels worse.

An hour later, I’m still awake. I think Tom by now has fallen asleep. I rise from bed, turn on the TV and sit on the sofa. I channel surf through 500 channels of shit, watching old reruns. I spend the next two hours watching “Indecent Proposal,” a 90s movie about a happy young couple who are about to lose their home due to financial ruin. A mysterious billionaire offers to help them out of their predicament by offering the wife one million dollars...if she sleeps with him for one night. It’s not helping my mood....and my shoulder is killing me.

I’ll be fine if I can get to sleep. The ibuprofen isn’t doing much. I’ll find something stronger so I’m back to the medicine cabinet. There it is on the top shelf; a pill box with a few tablets of...OxyContin! Tom was prescribed them last year after an ankle fracture. He hates narcotics so he didn’t use them. They expired a month ago but they should still be good. I know you should never take another person’s prescription medications. But I’m a nurse and I know what I’m doing. As they say, “Do what I say, not what I do.” I can handle this and it’s just one time. I really need pain relief and sleep, then I’ll be ready to kick Claire’s ass tomorrow. I sip from a glass of water and swallow the tablet. I’m good to go. Time to get back to bed. On the kitchen counter, I see the opened bottle of wine. Oh shit, I remember, I drank alcohol and took OxyContin. That can be dangerous. But the wine was a few hours ago. I’ll say it again. I’m a nurse and I know how to deal with this. No one else should ever try this. Ever.

I slip under the covers. Tom’s back is still facing me. Chase awakens at the foot of the bed. He licks my face and plops himself against me. A dog’s love. So unconditional. So nonjudgmental.

It’s 2 am and I’m still awake. My shoulder feels better. My head though is woozy. I’m not surprised. I should have remembered. Narcotics do that to me. I haven’t taken any in years. The ceiling fan twirls and softly hums. Sparks fly off the fan blades and scatter across the ceiling. Strange faces form in front of my eyes, one at a time, emerging from the dark, then receding back to nothing. Brightly colored shapes dance around the room; squares, circles, triangles. They organize into symmetrical patterns within a circle like a child’s kaleidoscope. I hear music in my head but it’s terrible music...Nickelback...Ugh. I know I’m getting drowsy. Sleep is coming. Finally...sleep.

What? It’s light already. And so bright. What time is it?

“Kiva, wake up,” I hear Tom say, “It’s 3:00 in the afternoon.”

“WHAT?...what happened?”

“I knew you were up late so I let you sleep.”

“Shit, my whole day is gone.” I don’t sleep this late, even when I work night shift. “And Clarissa?”

“Clarissa has been taken care of,” my husband answers with a hint of detachment. “Now get up. You’re opponent and lover boy will be here in a few hours.”

I arise, take a shower and put on a sweatsuit but I still feel a bit foggy in the head. Tom and I clear the furniture from the center of the den and lay down the mats for the fight. We say very little. His demeanor towards me is chilly. I have a light dinner while Tom takes Clarissa to Luanne’s house.

My opponent and her brother will be here in thirty minutes. Something doesn’t feel right. I’ve been awake for a few hours but can barely account for the time. It’s so surreal. It’s time to dress for the fight. I don’t want my attire to reveal too much to Carl. There will be no bikini, thong, bra and panties. I put on my sturdiest sports bra and long yoga pants so as not to be bare legged. I pull my long hair back into a ponytail. A car pulls up in front of our house. They’re here. They arrive in one car but if Claire wins, I am to leave with Carl and Claire will call Lyft. As if that might actually happen.

I hear the doorbell. My husband lets them into the foyer as I stand behind him. Immediately, the situation is awkward. We all have little to say to each other. Tom offers them a snack and drinks. The four of us sit in the living room but the conversation goes nowhere. My shoulder begins to ache again. Finally Tom says, “Well, should we get this event started?” Our guests nod.

We enter to the den and Claire and I head to opposite corners of the mat. We kick off our footwear. I pull off my hoodie as Claire peels out of her sweatsuit revealing a tan one piece tank suit. Cameras and cell phones are set up. I size her up but there’s not much to her. She’s 5’3”, probably no more than 110 lbs. Her chest size is small. The arms and legs are thin. Her bowl haircut remains intact. With my four inch and 15-20 lb advantage, it doesn’t seem fair. Carl, dressed in khaki pants and a polo shirt takes a seat in her corner as Tom does in mine.

Claire and I meet in the center for a stare down. It’s almost laughable. Her eyes look smaller without her glasses and she squints. The nostrils flare from the thin nose. The small mouth is pursed into an intense expression. I’ll give her credit; she looks serious.

Tom gives the command, “Ready....FIGHT.”

Claire attempts the first move, trying to shove me with hands to the chest, but I block most of it with my arms. Using my reach advantage, I retaliate with my own hard shove, sending her stumbling backwards. A sharp jolt of pain lances through my shoulder as I see her lose her balance, falling to the mat. The pain distracts me from moving in. Tom knows nothing about my injury. I think I may have a strained rotator cuff. I’m not worried. I can beat this woman with one arm. She quickly scrambles to her feet and charges at me.

No problem. I easily side step her, wrap my left arm behind her neck, and extend my leg, tripping her down on her hip. I dive in to tie her up but it proves difficult with one arm. Claire slips away to an escape and we both return to a standing position.

She takes on a boxer’s stance. I’m happy to see this because I know she can’t box worth shit. The nerdy girl tries to slap fight with me but can’t get through my defense. I respond with a flurry of slaps to the head and body. My shoulder pain has taken the power out of my right arm.  I land a few slaps with it but I’m mostly using my left. Claire lunges for my hair, but I deflect her arms away. With her body wide open, I shoot in with my left shoulder to her abdomen, tackling her to the floor, where she lands on her back with me on top of her. The impact of the fall creates another jarring shot of right shoulder pain and I involuntary scream out, “Oww.”

“Kiva, what’s wrong,” I hear my husband shout.

With the advantage position, I stay on top of my opponent, trying to gain control. Her legs are wrapped around my waist keeping me outside her guard. I try to be patient, in no hurry to end it, using my weight advantage, hoping to wear her down. Again, I’m not able to do much with one arm. Finally, Claire grabs on to my left arm and uses her legs to roll me to the left sending me off my mount. Our legs battle for control as we continue to roll across the mat, one of us on top, then the other. We seize each other’s hair, throw slaps, and kick at each other’s legs.

Finally, with me on top, I feel a strange but familiar sensation on my back. Two objects press on my skin. It’s like a set of dull but nonpainful nails, as if from a very small pair of hands. I know this feeling. They’re not hands. They’re not human. They’re paws....from a dog. It’s Chase! What the....I thought Tom sent him outside in our fenced yard. He prances in a circle around the two combatants on the mat, leaping up playfully on his haunches, landing on us with his front paws. His tongue pants with delight. The humans are having their playtime and he has no intention of being excluded.

“What the fuck,” Claire shrieks.

“Oh Chase,” I sigh.

Tom quickly scoops up our beagle and the two of them return to the chair.

With our catball broken up, Claire and I stand up and start again.

I’m dismayed I didn’t do a better job of controlling her on the floor. I have better success striking her. I have to rely on my left arm for power. She’s incapable of landing blows on me so I’ll need to be patient. I assume a southpaw stance and flick slaps and jabs to her face and body. They blows lack power but most of them are getting through. And I’m not getting hit at all.

Finally, a hard looping left hand slap smacks her hard on the side of the head. The social worker spins around, disoriented and off balance, staggering to my right side. Very quickly, she falls. Before I can react, she reaches up, seizing my right arm, yanking it down as she falls to the floor. Insurmountable pain flares through my shoulder. I let out a loud piercing shriek. My arm feels like it is jerked out of my shoulder socket as I tumble to the mat with the mousy girl.

Tom, still holding the dog, stands up, uncertain what happened.

On the mat, Claire is on all fours with me on her back. I snake my legs around her waist and lock my ankles into a body scissors. However, she is still holding onto my right wrist draping it over her shoulder. The position is very awkward and painful on my shoulder. She tugs on my arm eliciting another yelp from me. I have no choice but to release the scissors. I kick at her arms and shoulders until she releases my arm. I desperate need to regroup by rolling away from her and getting back on my feet. Claire also stands and I decide it’s time to go back to striking.

Anguished with pain and frustrated I haven’t put this little jobber away yet, I feel myself becoming impatient. My right arm hangs uselessly at its side and I must protect it from further damage. Claire smirks. She thinks she’s getting the better of me. I can finish her with just one arm...and here it comes.

“You dorky little bitch,” I growl at her. I rush at her with a big roundhouse left hand slap aimed at the head. This time, I tell myself she will not be pulling me down with her. I swing as hard as I can. As soon as I threw it, I knew it was sloppy. Claire blocked it with her right arm. Off balance, I feel her knee driving into my belly like a cannon ball. I’m stunned and doubled over. I don’t see her. I now realize she is behind me but it is too late.  A volley of punches land on my back. I struggle to collect myself. The creases of my knees are kicked out. My legs collapse and I drop to my knees like a rock. A kick between my shoulder blades knocks me forward on my belly. The overprotective sister pounces on my back. In a matter of seconds, I’ve been flattened face down. I’m confused. And I’m in trouble.

I’m just a few feet from the edge of the mat. I know Tom’s chair is nearby. I’ve got to get this annoying twerp off of me. I lift my head up and blink my eyes hard, trying to regroup. Suddenly, I feel my right arm being pulled behind my back. My shoulder can’t take it and I scream in pain. My right hand is pressed against my left shoulder blade bending the arm into a chickenwing. I don’t want to submit but the pain is unbearable.

Her free arm wraps around my face and tightens like a belt, forcing my face to the side. Oh my God, I know what this is. It can’t be. Her hands clasp together. It’s the crossface chickenwing. How did she learn this? She tightens the hold. My shoulder feels like it’s being ripped off my body. Her bony arm digs into my nose like a steel bar. I know there is virtually no escape from this hold once properly applied. I also know Claire is a poor fighter. I’ll find away out of this.

“Give up, bitch?” she snorts. “You’re not such a mean girl now, are you?”

I can’t move my head and her arm is bending my nose but I shift my eyes to the side. I catch glimpses of Tom and I see he looks very worried. Chase watches intently. He hears me scream and realizes this may not be playtime. Still holding the dog in his right arm, Tom gets on his knees and bends down closer to the mat.

“Come on, Kiva, you can do it,” he tries to assure me.

My husband extends his left hand over the mat towards me hoping to instill inspiration. Claire rocks back sending another excruciating wave of pain surging through my disabled shoulder. Instinctively, I reach my free left left arm out to my husband’s hand. I can’t reach it. I need a few more inches. I manage to lift up very slightly on my knees and lurch forward. It’s not much but it’s all I need. With my head twisted I can’t see him but I feel his hand take mine. His fingers massage my palm. My trembling fingertips stroke the back of his hand. I find his fourth finger and...his wedding ring. My index finger and thumb rub along the golden band. For now, I try my best to ignore the agony. I’m so sorry my love, I want to say. I’ll never do anything this foolish again.

“Give up, fool,” Claire growls. “Don’t make me hurt you.”

Don’t leave me, my love. Let me hold your hand. Remember our wedding day? The exchange of rings? Our exchange of vowels? Trust me dear, I’m going nowhere. I’d rather lose my arm than be apart from you. I’d prefer to die here than to be given to another man. No matter what, you will always be the love of my life.

Claire cranks my arm and head again and I’m now seeing spots in front of my eyes. I squeeze my husband’s hand tightly. Suddenly, our hands fly apart, forced away from each other by a violent blow. Now I see. Carl kicked us, tearing our hands apart.  My fingers now only clutch barren mat. I’m alone and fading.

“Hey,” he squeals with his nasally voice. “That’s illegal. No touching the fighters.”

“You little shit,” my husband yells, jumping to his feet, grabbing the nerdy IT tech by the collar. “I ought to punch you out right now. I ought to...”

“I GIVE UP!”

“Kiva, did you submit,” my husband asks.

“YES...Let go of me, you win.” I frantically tap the mat.

Silence. The moment seemed frozen in time. For a few seconds we are all motionless. Claire seemed like she didn’t believe what happened. She quietly released her hold on me, letting my head and right arm fall to the mat.

Then, grasping the reality of the situation. She breathes, “I won?....I’m the winner?....I beat her?” Tom and Carl stood by, neither of them yet moving.  I could sense Claire’s shock turn to elation as she stayed perched on my back, realizing she was no longer winless. I felt her body bounce with excitement. “I’m the victor,” she repeated. “I won....I beat her...I really won!”  She squeals with delight and giggles like a little girl in the school yard.  “Oh my God, I won. Carl, take pictures.”

The smaller but triumphant fighter yanks my head back by the hair, forcing me to face Carl’s cell phone. My prone body and defeated face is presented to the camera as a trophy. She lowers her own face next to mine and points both our noses at the phone. Two faces in one image. One face beaming and victorious, the other anguished and conquered. Next, she points me in Tom’s direction, cruelly delivering a lasting visual message that his wife is subdued and broken. I can’t bear to look at him seeing me humiliated. Finally, the little bitch pushes my head back down, pressing my nose into the mat. “This is where you belong, loser. Kissing the ground I walk on.” She shoots a few more poses, flexing her skinny arms before lifting herself off my back. Not done yet, she plants her foot on the back of my neck like an ancient warrior raising her arms in victory.

I’m lying on the mat, degraded and in pain. Unable to hold it back any longer, I sob and choke on tears. I role to my left side to ease the fire in my right shoulder. Tom has not yet come to comfort me, but someone else does. Chase approaches tentatively, sniffing, sensing my distress. He knows. He licks my face, wiping away tears as I drape my sore arm around my dog’s neck.

My brief moment of palliation is suddenly disrupted by a bare foot pushing my bad shoulder down, rolling me on my back. Claire is overwhelmed with joy of her first win and she wants to savor every possible second. I suffer the indignity of more victory poses as the cxnt steps on my chest and smiles for the cameras. “Carl, keep the fucking dog away,” she orders.

I hear her prancing around our den still glowing with jubilation. “Carl, hand me my cell phone...Crystal?....Guess what?....I WON!...Yes, she submitted...I won!....Hello Abby?...unbelievable news...I WON!. Yes, that bitch nurse from the hospital I told you about...twenty pounds bigger than me and I had her begging for mercy...I’ll tell you about it later....Hello Mom?...I DID IT!..I beat her!...I taught that bitch a lesson...she won’t be messing with Carl again..wait till I tell Aunt Jo....Hey Sweetie, guess what? Your girl was the better woman...I WON!...I wish you could be here. It’s so awesome...Yeah, she’s crying and everything...I want to make love to you so badly...Wait till tonight, honey...we’ll watch the video...together...Love ya honey!”

Finally, she starts to collect her belongings while I submissively await her permission to rise.

“Get up, princess,” she orders. “You’re night is just beginning.”

Oh my Lord. The stakes. She expects me to honor it. This can’t happen.

“I’ll give you ten minutes to get ready, then I’ll see you and Carl off.”

Oh fuck, she means it. I’m not going. I’ll fight her again. Tom won’t let them take me. I turn to my husband. “Tom, no, send them away.”

He looks at me with a solemn expression. “Kiva, let’s go in the bedroom and talk.”

I’m frantic as we walk. “You’re kicking them out, right. You said you’d call the cops. Are you going to do it?

“Nope”

My blood ran cold. “You’re not?”

“Kiva, you made the stakes without me so you can deal with it without me. You made your bed. Now go lie in it.”

“You don’t mean this?”

“I’m done talking about it.”

How cold. How callous. He’s rejecting me.

“Hurry up, loser” Clare calls.

I’m in shock. I know the catfight code about stakes. I’m expected to fulfill my obligation. Reneging on stakes means I could lose my catpin, my profile, I’ll be blackballed. My husband won’t help me. It’s a bitter pill to swallow. It’s unthinkable but I must accept my fate. I change into sweat clothes and sneakers, put on a baseball cap over my tied up hair and large sunglasses to hide my face from any possible witnesses who might spot me with Carl, and I place a few items into an overnight bag. I’m sobbing the entire time. I kiss my husband. “You know I love you, right?”

“We’ll talk tomorrow,” he responds flatly.

I walk back toward the foyer, past our wedding portrait, past pictures of Clarissa, past numerous icons of our marriage, our family, our domestic life. I kiss and hug Chase and cry some more. Carl and Claire, flanking me like a prisoner, walk me out through my own door, past our patio, our lawn, our flower garden. We come to Carl’s Honda Civic and I insist on sitting in the back seat alone. He pulls away as Claire calls for Lyft. My house, my street, my neighborhood all disappear through the rear view mirror. Carl and I say absolutely nothing to each other during the ride. I continue sobbing. Finally, I’m resigned to the fact that I’m spoils of war taken from my home and family. All I can do now is resolve to complete my agreement, as horribly distasteful as that may be.

Carl lives in a small one bedroom apartment across from my hospital. I feel faint as we walk from his car to the lobby. I know other employees living there so I pull the visor of my cap way low. The walk from the elevator to his room seems endless. I swallow hard as we enter through his door. Like most single young men in their twenties, his apartment contains very little. A small living area is in the front and a kitchen in the back with a bedroom on one side and bathroom on the other. The walls are bare with the exception of Star Wars posters. Electronic gadgets and gaming magazines are littered about everywhere. There is no bed, just a single sized mattress on the floor of the bedroom. Is that where I’m supposed to do it? I feel like I’m in college again. I again fight back nausea.

“Kiva,” Carl finally breaks the ice with his soft nasal tone, “I uh have something for you....You see, I didn’t think Claire would win, but just in case she did, I uh got you this.” He hands me a dozen long stem roses.

“Thanks,” I say, my voice indifferent.

“Would you um like something to drink? I bought wine?”

“No thanks.”

“Would you like something to eat?” He asks. “I have peanut butter and jelly.”

“No.”

“I can order pizza.”

“No thanks.”

“Um..do you want to play a game? Do you like Final Fantasy 14? Overwatch? Fortnite?”

“I’m not a gamer.”

“I can show you.”

“No”

“Do you,” he asks, “uh..want to watch a movie?”

“No.”

“Carl,” I say, “I know I’m throwing a wet blanket on your plans for a romantic evening but I’m really just here for one reason. We both know what that is. I prefer we just do it now and get it finished.”

“Oh, oh, OK,” he says, “uh, how would you like to start?”

“Well,” I explain, “we start by taking our clothes off. Here, I’ll get us started.” I begin to pull up the top of my sweatsuit.

“Wait, Kiva,” he interrupts. “Uh..May I do it? May I undress you? Uh..you see, I have this fantasy where uh, I’m with a girl who’s about to fight another girl nude. And, like, I’m her cornerman, and...I get her ready for her fight by stripping her and massaging her.”

“Yeah, I know.”

“You do?”

“I mean, er, a lot of guys have that fantasy.”

“So, uh can I take your clothes off for you?”

“Fine, Carl,” I tell him. “But let’s go over the ground rules. We’re just going to do a basic garden variety, vanilla flavored fuck. You may touch me anywhere with your hands except my privates down below. You may not kiss me on the face, especially the lips. That’s only for my husband. I will not kiss you. I will not give you oral sex or do anything else beyond the basic. I have a vagina. You have a penis. We’ll hook up the two and that’s about it. Got it?”

“Yes”

Good Lord. I never dreamed I’d be insisting on a wham bam, thank you ma’am. I feel like a whore discussing business terms. I let Carl lift up my top. Because of my shoulder pain, I have to assist removing it from my right arm. Standing in my bra and sweatpants, it’s all at once strange, awkward, shameful and humiliating. Carl’s eyes widen and his pants are already bulging. He stands frozen unsure what to do next. It’s impossible for me to fathom that I’m about to allow this man access to my body. His fingers tremble as he reaches around my back exploring my bra strap. He fumbles with the clasp until I explain it to him. “Push the two ends together, separate the hook from the eye and slide apart.” Finally, I feel the straps loosen and the cups drop. I allow him to slip off the left shoulder strap exposing my poor girl to the indoor elements. I gingerly slide the other strap down my injured right side and allow the entire garment to fall. The sight of my own bare breasts pointed at Carl disturbs ands saddens me. The puppies want to cower and hide like a pair of nocturnal creatures whose cover has been ripped away by a high beam light. The last time I did this with a man other than my husband seems like ancient history. Carl looks mesmerized, the shaking in his hands have become more coarse. Once again, I perform a mental lobotomy on myself, removing and distancing all my emotions. I’ll get through this. I’ll keep it technical. I’ll keep it clinical. No strings attached.

I remove my sneakers and socks. My virgin partner hyperventilates as he curls his jittery fingertips around the elastic band of my sweatpants. My hips wriggle in assistance, the waist of the pants crumples to my knees, then down to my ankles. The legs, in solemn acceptance of my fate, step out of the warmth and shelter of the polyester and spandex. My feet kick the pants to the side, my toes kissing the fabric goodbye.

The cotton panties are all that is left of my previous existence, a life abruptly put on hold due to my own hubris. When they leave me, the transition will be complete, the woman I once was will be tossed to the floor in a heap. I must go through with this. I repeat my mantra. It’s just technical. No strings attached.

The young man’s grubby fingers tug at my white briefs. His face is red, his breathing rapid. I squeeze my eyes shut and bite my lower lip. It’s done. I feel the cool breeze from the air conditioning vent on my bare ass. I look down and see my doomed genitalia startled at being uncovered in such a strange place.

Carl looks me over head to toe. The lips quiver and the hand tremor continues. I surmise that I’m the first nude woman to be in his presence.

“May I um keep these?” Carl asks holding up my panties.

“No.”

“Claire says since she beat you, they belong to her.”

“No...Aren’t you going to take your clothes off?” I ask.

“Um..I will in a minute. Um, first, let’s pretend you’re in a nude catty wrestling match and your opponent banged up your boobs and made you submit the first fall. I’ll be your cornerman and massage them so you’ll feel better. Uh..is that OK.”

“Be gentle,” I warn.

A pair of sweaty nervous hands approach my bare breasts, fingers extended, stretched out like claws.

“Carl, NO!” I scold. “You don’t squeeze like you’re honking a horn. Come up from underneath with your palm like this, then very lightly work your fingers up, around the nipple at first, then gradually move toward the nipple itself. And...Oh Geez, why am I telling you this?”

He sits me on a kitchen stool like a fighter in her corner. “Poor baby, you’ll get her in the next fall,” he coos. “I’ll help you.” He follows my direction. His caresses are clumsy but improved.

“Look,” he exclaims, “your nipples are stiff. They’re standing up. You LIKE this, don’t you? That is so cool! Come on baby, let’s see those nips go.”

Actually, my nipples are stiff because I’m chilly but I’m not going to rain on his parade. His hands grope around my boobs like a child with a new toy. At least he’s more gentle this time. He is still fully clothed and wearing his glasses. For thirty minutes, we go through this charade of role playing with me as a nude catfighter or wrestler and Carl as my boyfriend cornerman or manager. Carl makes up fight stories as I sit on the stool acting like I’m waiting for the bell. With each “return” to my corner, Carl massages my back, shoulders, and boobs. He rubs my feet. He washes me with a sponge, dries me with a towel, gives me water to drink, tends to my bruises and scratches. His hard on is obvious. I hope he loses his load in his pants and gets me off the hook. It’s not happening. I want to speed this along and get it over with. I suggest a story where I score a dramatic come from behind victory after taking a dreadful beating. After the hard fought win, Carl and his nude woman celebrate by running to his bedroom where I rip his clothes off and we do the deed. He agrees.

I stumble around, acting battered and exhausted, but victorious. Returning to my stool, Carl and I hug, he raises my left hand in victory. I taunt my imaginary opponent, “Don’t ever think of flirting with my man again.” I take Carl by the hand into the bedroom. I unbutton his shirt and pull it off of him. Next, I undo the belt buckle. He removes his pants himself and I’m given the honors of separating him from his underwear. Here we are, standing naked in front of each other like two awkward teenagers. Without his clothes, Carl looks like I expected - like a chicken with its feathers plucked off. He is short, thin, and pale. He has a stooped over posture. His cock is at least average size. His ass is as scrawny as any I’ve ever seen. I lead him to his bed, roll on my back, spread my legs and wait. It’s technical, Kiva, no strings attached, I remind myself. I wait...and wait.

“Are you alright?” I ask.

“Yeah,” he answers, “I’ll be ready in a minute.” I see that he is not ready. I shouldn’t be surprised. I still intimidate him. I acted too aggressively for someone like him.

“It’s OK Carl,” I reassure him. “You’re nervous. It happens a lot the first time.”

We go back to role playing. I tell him fight stories. I pose. I massage his back. I let him suck my tits. He has no problem getting hard, until we’re in bed just at the magic moment. He watches catfight videos. Same result. At this point, I feel I’ve done enough. I put in a good faith effort.

“Carl, you’ll be fine,” I tell him. “There’s nothing wrong with being alone with your fantasies. But a flesh and blood partner is a different ballgame. You just need the right person, someone you’re comfortable with, someone who is your peer. Sex is best when you explore it together with that special person. You’ll meet her someday.”

“We can tell your sister we did it. She doesn’t need to know,” I added. “I’m going to go home now.”

“Kiva, don’t leave,” he pleads. The agreement is that you stay here until 7 am. I think I can do it.”

“There’s no point in putting this kind of pressure on yourself,” I respond.

“Kiva, um...will you do something for me?....Will you....wrestle me?”

“You and I in a wrestling match?” I’m not sure I heard that right.

“Yes,” he clarifies, “a nude mixed wrestling match.”

“No Carl, I’m not doing that. Beside, I have a bad shoulder.”

“It’s simple,” he explains. “If you win, you can leave. If I win, you stay. I’ll be easy on your shoulder, I promise.” I notice he’s not stuttering or stammering so much.

I don’t want to do this, but if it gets me out of this mess....I can beat him with one arm but I know I said that before. “OK, I accept,” I respond, “One fall, ten second pin. Freestyle rules. Do not attack my right arm or shoulder. Do not squeeze my boobs. Keep your fingers out of my crotch.”

“Deal,” he says. “Can I make a request? If I win, I want you to call me ‘stud muffin’.”

We face each other in his small living space. He’s a male but I find myself instinctively sizing him up. Small guy. He’s two inches shorter than me and probably weighs slightly less. His skin is so fair, he looks like he might sunburn if he stood too long in front of an open refrigerator. My 34C cup breasts protrude over his concave chest, my female nipples are amused over his useless pink male nubs. My bikini waxed triangle recoils in repulsion as it faces its erect phallic counterpart arising from its nest of blonde pubic hair. My hands and feet are bigger. My muscle tone is better. I’m more athletic. I can take this guy.

Except...I feel like shit. I’m physically and emotionally exhausted. I was already beaten in a fight. My shoulder wants to fall off. I’ve been humiliated. I don’t know the status of my marriage.

“Ready Kiva?,” he asks.

We lock up in a collar and elbow tie up. My shoulder can’t take it and I immediately break off. I can’t believe I’m wrestling a man nude. The freakiness of it all would be overwhelming but after the events of tonight so far, I’m beyond being overwhelmed.

My naked opponent with the XY chromosome and I square off again. I’m forced to take a defensive approach. Carl lunges high reaching for the back of my neck but I push him away. Twice, he shoots for my legs but I easily elude him. My shoulder injury has taken away my mobility as well. My own attempts at leg dives are wholly ineffective. Carl can’t get through my defense and I can’t execute an offense. The two of us, a married nurse and mom and a socially inept IT tech, do an awkward nude dance around the room, pawing at each other.

Finally, I take a chance, lowering my shoulder and charge, driving him into the wall. I press forward with my body, feeling his hard dick on my thigh as I pin him upright. Hooking his armpit and tripping his feet with mine, I manage to send him to the floor. I’m slow to pounce. We grapple on the floor and before long Carl has the advantage. He puts me on my back, straddling my belly. He shifts forward trying to take hold of my arms as his dick rests on my tits. He makes the mistake of bringing his head and shoulders high up. I take full advantage bucking my pelvis, swinging my legs up high, hooking my ankles around his neck. It’s enough to knock the nerd off his mount, but he slips loose as I roll away and we both regain our feet.

Once again, we resume our stand up dance routine with me refuting Carl’s attempts at control. This time though, he’s successful. The diminutive man holds me around the waist lifting me off my feet. He spins around and throws me, sending me crashing down on my back, with him on top. I have my arm wrapped around his neck. The momentum of the throw rolls him off of me, and I continue to roll us into a full reversal.

Now it’s me in the mounted position. I perch myself on his lower chest, holding his arms. I stay low to avoid getting hooked by the skinny legs. Our arms struggle with each other, pushing and pulling. It’s a matter of time before I pin them and go home. Except...my shoulder hurts so much. I see this being another stale mate so I add reinforcement. I slide further up his chest pulling up my knees, digging them into his biceps, firmly schoolgirl pinning my man. 10 more seconds and I’m out of here.

“One...Two...Three,” I count.

His face and chest are red. The shoulder muscles twitch helplessly. The feet flail in futility.

“Four...Five...Six”

I don’t want to admit this to myself but I’m kind of enjoying this. Here I am dominating...a man. He’s defeated. Under my control. At my mercy. Helpless. I feel a flush of pride in securing another victory for girl power. I bask in the sensory input of the moment...my muscles flaring, the tangled matted dark hair over my face, skin glistening with sweat, the hot moist air blowing on my pussy....WHAT?

I look down with horror and disgust. How did this not occur to me? I was so focused on the win to remember that I’m nude. And my pussy is nearly in his face. Alarmed, I let out a gasp jerking my ass back toward his belly and dismount immediately. I know it doesn’t make sense. After all, I’m supposed to screw this guy. What’s the big deal? I don’t know. I’m a wife and mom. It just seemed so dirty and so...shameful.

“Are you alright?” he asks.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” I sigh.

I sit beside his supine body with my knees up. For a moment, we’re both still and quiet. I need to find a way out of this nightmare. I watch the bony chest heave to catch his breath. His muscle challenged arms lie at his side. His hard on has partially subsided. Maybe there is one other way to finish this.  I considered doing it earlier but resisted. It’s now time to take matters into my own hands - literally.

I cradle his balls with my palm, then slide my fingers up and around the shaft until I encircle the entire unit. Up and down I slide, ever so gently at first. I pause to massage the head with my thumb, then resume the stroking. Up and down, gradually picking up speed. The erection is full again. I need him to explode and we may be good till morning.

I’ve been at this for under a minute, and I know it’s getting close. He’s moaning. His cock has an extra firmness. “Come on, baby. Come on my stud muffin.” The breathing is faster and deeper, the moans more frequent. “Come on big guy. Let me be your...”

“STOP”, he yells, slapping away my hand. “I want to save it....for, you know...me and you.”

Defeated again. Carl wants to resume our wrestling match.

I can’t go on. I’m beyond being physically and emotionally spent. I need this to end now. Carl dives for my legs, I deliberately feed him my left arm and let him capture my thigh lifting me in a fireman’s carry. I practically flip myself over his back, landing on my ass on the floor. He moves in, seizing my ankles as I feign trying to escape. The runt folds me into a matchbook pin, pressing my feet over my head. My crotch points to the ceiling. My lower orifices, unaccustomed to light, bathe in the illumination of the overhead fluorescent bulbs. I fake a vain kick out attempt with my legs as Carl counts to ten.

“You’re pinned, Kiva,” he says. “Do you agree?”

“Yes, you win.”

“Who’s you’re master?”

“You are, sir.”

“What’s my name?”

“Stud muffin.”

“Kiva,” he whispers, “I think I can do it this time. Really, it’s going to stay hard. I can feel it. Let’s go in the bedroom.”

I can’t bear going through anymore of this torture. I no longer care how this ordeal ends, just so it ends now. “No Carl,” I reply. “If you got it, you got it, just do it now, right here.”

He shifts back with his body, bringing me into a half fold position and holding on to my legs, keeping them spread apart with my feet up high. I see his member is fully erect and I brace myself for the consummation of our acquaintance. Carl’s eyes shift alternately between my vagina and his dick. He positions his penis with his hands and aims like a nervous golfer before the backswing. His unit lunges forward, missing its target wide left, plowing into my crotch just outside the labia. I wince.

“Let me help you,” I offer. I reach down with my hands, directing his incompetent cock to the front door of my inner sanctum, nudging the head to the opening. My sexual greenhorn rocks back with his pelvis, then thrusts forward sending his missile too far north.

“OUCH!” I yelp, as his rod rams directly into my clit, sending a surge of pain through my crotch.

“Sorry.”

I know what I must do.

“Carl, just lie on your back. I’ll do the rest,” I instruct.

He obeys as I climb on and mount his pale thin body. I straddle him at the pelvis, and lift up, holding his still hard organ. My womanhood hovers over his male member and I slowly descend, presenting my gateway. My pelvis drops further, sliding him through the portal, enclosing him in my personal box. The flushed face gasps, the undeveloped chest heaves with anticipation and wonder.

It’s not easy. Under these circumstances, I’m neither as moist or as open as I would ordinarily be, for this is purely a mechanical performance for me. Nevertheless, I glide up and down and rock back and forth, riding his shaft in a forward cowgirl position. His heavy breathing turns to moans as I increase the pace. He instinctively raises up his hips and I respond by grinding down with mine. His moans are louder, now turning to howls of ecstasy.

Faster and faster, I bounce, I rock, I grind. His hands claw at the carpet in delirious excitement. The belly twitches involuntarily. I decide to take him to the next level but I sense what’s about to happen. His organ seems to enlarge further and I detect a pulsing sensation inside me. Carl, his face bright red and sweaty, let’s out a high pitched scream. I feel a warm infusion fill my inner chamber. I feel his tumescence subside to softness. It’s over. I dismount and roll on my back beside him, fluid trickling down my thigh. I take a deep breath and close my eyes, and ponder the knowledge that I just gave Carl Wankum the best thirty seconds of his life.

“Kiva,” he whispers, “thanks.”

“Congratulations Carl,” I reply. “You’re a man now.”

He suggests we both sleep in his bed. I decline and opt for a blanket on the floor of his living space. Finally, I’m alone. And I’m miserable. I just got used for sex and I only have myself to blame. No strings attached? Who am I kidding? For women, strings are usually involved. I don’t blame Tom in the least for being upset. We both grew up in conservative traditional backgrounds where we were taught that any sex outside of marriage was a sin. But how can something that seems so inconsequential, lasting just thirty seconds be a sin? When I was a teen, a youth pastor said that a girl who loses her virginity to anyone she’s not going to marry later presents herself to her husband as a chewed piece of gum that had been in other mouths.  Lovely. Imagine. Only a misogynistic patriarchal society can conceive such an idea. Each couple defines what sex means to them. For us, it was always about love and intimacy and I gambled with it like loose change. I’m dreading talking to Tom about it tomorrow.

It’s morning already. My duty is over. Wait. How did I get in Carl’s bed? I’m still naked. Did he move me? Where is he?

“Good morning, babe,” he greets entering the bedroom. He’s been up and dressed for awhile. Dressed? He’s wearing a freaking tux. “Time to get up, love. It’s our big day today.”

“What the fuck?”

I hear the apartment door open and there are voices. A man and a woman stand at the bedroom doorway.

“Why, there are the two lovebirds,” the woman trills. “This must be Kiva.”

“Do you mind?” I spout angrily as I pull a sheet over my nude body. I note the words “Carl’s Girl” has been written on my chest with a sharpie. The man and woman look like middle aged versions of Carl and Claire.

“I’m Carl Sr.,” says the man.

“And I’m Irene,” the woman adds “We’re Carl’s parents....She’s lovely, dear.”

“Yessir, Carl,” the man adds. “Looks like you got yourself a keeper.”

“Kiva, honey,” the woman adds. “We don’t have much time. Claire and I will help get you ready. The guests will be here soon. Carl’s dad will officiate the ceremony. I know you didn’t bring anything with you, so you will wear my dress.”

I’m too stunned and paralyzed to speak. “Www...wwhha...whaat?

She continues. “We’re so glad you’re joining our family, dear. You and Carl will have a wonderful life together. Life with Kiva and Carl...Carl an Kiva.”

“II..I.m mm,,married,” I could barely get out.

“That’s now invalid, dear. That was in the agreement you signed.”

“Nnn..no..NO. I’m getting out of here. My sweatsuit? Where are my clothes?”

Irene replies. “Oh we threw those dirty things away. They were from your old life. You’re one of us now.”

“She’ll make a wonderful Wankum,” says Carl Sr.

“Yes,” his wife agrees. “She’s thirty three years old but there should still be plenty of eggs left in those ovaries.”

“Just think,” Carl Sr. suggests. “Right now, millions of little Carl IIIs are swimming inside her.”

Claire appears in the doorway. The four of them surround the bed.

“It’s time, Kiva. You’re new life begins now.”

“NO,” I scream, getting my voice back. “LET ME OUT OF HERE.”

“Kiva”

“GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME!”

“Kiva?” It’s a male voice.

“DON’T YOU FUCKING TOUCH ME!” His hand is on my left shoulder. He’s shaking me.

“KIVA!”

“LET GO!”

“KIVA...WAKE UP!”

“FUCK YOU, CARL!”

“Carl?”

“Tom?”

“”Yes,” says a familiar voice. “It’s me....you’re dreaming....And I’d say you’re having a hell of a nightmare.”

I quickly sit upright. My eyes gradually come into focus. For a few seconds I linger in a confused state unsure what’s real and what isn’t. My heart pounds rapidly, I breathe like I just sprinted. It becomes clearer. I’m in bed, my own bed, in my own bedroom...with my husband.

“Calm down,” he assures me. “It’s just me. I’ll get you a cup of water.”

“What day is it?”

“Saturday..7 am.”

“Clarissa?”

“She’s still asleep. Luanne will take her to dance class.”

“Tom?...did I have a fight last night?” I ask, still not fully oriented.

“No,” he answers. “That’s tonight...against Claire. Are you alright?”

Now I get it. “Yeah, it was a dream,” I sigh. “I’m fine.” Damn OxyContin.

I eat a light breakfast and drink my coffee. I feel both relieved and disturbed. The dream seemed so real, so horrible. Does it mean anything? Could it be foretelling my future? I take Chase on his morning neighborhood walk. The knowledge that I wasn’t really defeated, humiliated and sexually used made the morning air fresher than usual but the fight tonight with Claire and the stakes are still very real. I went to bed last night confident and eager to fight. This morning, I’m feeling apprehensive and, dare I say it, nervous? What happened to my confidence?

The day drags. I go out and runs errands. I read nursing journals. I pay bills. I just feel so...down. Why? It’s just a damn dream. Claire still sucks. And my shoulder still hurts. I rub on IcyHot and hope for the best.

Tom is still acting standoffish. The fight is a few hours away. He drops off Clarissa at Luanne’s. We prepare the den, move furniture, roll out the mats, set up cameras.

“Tom,” I ask, “Do you think dreams mean anything? Like omens?”

“No,” he answers, “there just brain electromagnetic activity processing sensory input, consolidating some data to memory and discarding others. The sensory input can be related to information, emotions, desires.”

“Do you think they could be mystical? Like messages sent to warn us? You know, like Ebenezer Scrooge? Was I visited by the ghost of catfighter future?”

“You’re really shook up by that dream,” he said. “It’s just your subconsciousness telling you that you’re an idiot.”

“Oh.” I know he’s right... “Tom, if I lose this fight, will you really have them thrown out if they try to take me?”

“That dream really got to you. You’re not so sure of yourself, are you? Where’s that confident brash fighter who was here last night? And if you lose...we’ll cross that bridge if we come to it.”

He’s right again. I’ve been awake for several hours, yet that nightmare hangs over me like a dark cloud. And any thought of sex seems repugnant. Do dreams reveal truths about ourselves? Maybe I’m not as good as I think I am. I’m losing my confidence and it shows. Is it possible to get PTSD from a bad dream?

I change into my attire for this fight. Instead of the sports bra and yoga pants, I choose a black sleeveless long legged body suit. I want to reveal as little flesh as possible. With Carl watching, I’d fight in a sumo suit.

They’ll be here any minute and I’m dreading it. The doorbell rings and I feel a knot in my stomach. As we let them in, Claire immediately glares at me like she hates my guts. The sight of Carl makes my skin crawl.

“Well bitch, are you ready to get taught some manners?” Claire snaps at me. Strange seeing such talk from a delicate looking face. I look right at her and...I don’t have a comeback. I remain silent.

We decide to start the fight right away and not waste time with niceties. Claire changes into a silver one piece tank suit. Tom and Carl take their corner positions. Claire and I meet in the center. Since she’s arrived, Claire seems agitated and surprisingly aggressive.

“I’m going to punish you, then hand you over to Carl, mean girl,” she snarls. “You will remember the name Wankum for the rest of your life.” I try to give her a dismissive look but her words send a chill through my body. She just summarized my dream.  She removes the large framed glasses and we go through the stare down. My body language accents our size differences. Our eyes lock. I’m surprised at the ferocity in her usually demure face. She looks like a killer. I have trouble matching her look of intensity and then,...my eyes fall to the floor. Oh fuck, she won the stare down. She intimidated me. She knows it. Dominance now shows in her face and body language.

We back up to a distance of ten feet apart and Tom gives the order, “FIGHT.”

Claire attacks me with an aggressiveness I haven’t seen in videos of her earlier fights, swinging wildly with a chaotic flurry of slaps. I effectively block them with my arms, then land a slap of my own to the face. She tries to grab on to my arms, but I grab hers, then shove her chest driving her backward. Pain immediately shoots through my shoulder and I struggle not to panic.

My opponent stumbles, recovers before falling, then charges again. Instinctively, I shift to a defensive stance, placing my left foot forward and pointing my left shoulder toward the bitch, attempting to protect my injury. I keep her at bay, jabbing and slapping with my left hand, making full use of my height and reach advantage. She tries to elude my left, making lunges at my hair.

I’m effectively one armed, looking for a way to generate offense. I raise my knee looking for an opening to kick the bitch in the belly. Claire stuns me by connecting with a face slap, creating a loud smacking sound. I keep my head and remain focus. Her head is within reach. I stretch my arm reaching for her hair then....oooommmph. I’m kneed in the crotch. Doubled over, pain throbbing in my pussy, I try to push through. Claire rushes to my vulnerable right side, seizes my right arm, searing my tormented shoulder. I get a horrible feeling of deja vu as I squeal and grab onto her hair, both of us tumbling to the mat. I roll her off my bad shoulder and the two of us are lying on our sides, slapping and pulling hair, shrieking and cursing. Claire’s mousy face has been transformed into that of a wild predator. We grab and kick, catballing across the floor. Sharp nails dig into the exposed areas of my body suit, namely the arms and shoulders. I’m bleeding slightly as she rakes her hand across my upper chest. I manage to pry her hand away which cost me a small piece of skin. Finally, I’m on top using my weight advantage. I press her arms down, fighting through the shoulder pain.

Despite the bottom position, the deranged social worker mouths off. “I’ll make you beg for mercy, bitch. And Carl’s going to fuck you so hard, you won’t be able to walk tomorrow.” Just then, I see her stretch her neck to the side, where I have her arm pinned down. She strains to move her head as far as she can to the side, then....opens her mouth, showing her teeth.

Fuck. This little shit is trying to bite me. A new feeling of anger floods over me. I no longer have any knowledge of the foolish stakes. My memory of the dream instantly evaporated. All I know is that I’m in a fight with a nut and I’ve got to put her away.

I release the hold to get away from her teeth. I rise to my feet and give her a kick in the ribs.

“Get up cxnt,” I growl at her.

She wastes no time scrambling upright and resumes her maniacal attack. With elbows flexed and hands bearing claws in the air, she races toward me. I see my opening. I don’t have my big right arm today but I have my left, digging the hardest hook I have thrown from that side into her ribs underneath the elbow. She folds over and staggers. I circle to the side and slam a hard left handed slap to the face. Claire stumbles around, then falls on all floors.

Like a cat, I stealthily position myself behind her and wait. I’m rewarded for patience when Claire pushes herself to her knees, holding her head upright. I snake my arms under her armpits, clasping my hands behind her head into a full nelson. Pushing down on the back of her head for all I’m worth, I see her talons on each side of me helplessly clawing at air. This hold isn’t helping my shoulder but I have so much weight advantage and leverage, I know it won’t be long.

“I give,” she groans. “Let go of me.”

I release immediate as to not cause neck injury. Claire falls back on all fours and I flatten her with a stomp to the back.

“So bitch,” I taunt, “You’re going to kick my ass and Carl is going to do me, huh? I would have to take some bad drugs before I could ever begin to imagine that.”

I return to my corner where Tom and I share a long passionate kiss while Claire grovels on the mat. I don’t even want to bother with a victory pose. I just want to put this whole episode behind me and I want them out of my house now.

“Good fight Claire,” I tell her. “No hard feelings, OK. I’ll see you around at work. Carl, good luck in Cali. I’ll help you out to your car when you’re ready.”

“Kiva?” Carl asks, “Can I uh speak with you...” He adds with a whisper...”privately.” I lead him to the kitchen away from his sister’s hearing range.

“I uh...,” he begins “I want to let you know I accepted the job in Cali.”

“That’s great Carl,” I commend.

“And..I...I...want to say that I...would not have taken you to my apartment if you had lost.”

“No?” I ask.

“No” he answers. “It wouldn’t be right. I uh want my first time to be with a girl who wants to be with me...not just there because she lost a bet. I’d want it to be good for both of us.”

“Well Carl,” I reply, “that’s very thoughtful and considerate of you. A lot of guys would take advantage of the situation.”

“And...” He pauses and stammers more than usual. “Uh...Claire...said...you...read the story I wrote. And...I’m sorry.  I never meant for anyone to see it. You must think I’m really weird and creepy.”

“We all find ourselves attracted to other people,” I explain. “It’s just how we’re wired. We all fantasize. It’s easy to create imaginary people and places inspired by others around us. We all have our secret place inside us where we store these fantasies. They are only for us. If we’re lucky, we may share some of them with those we love. Just remember that they only exist in the imagination. The Kiva you created is not me. That’s fine as long as she stays locked up in your secret place. Claire had no right to read your story and allow me to see it. Just be careful next time.”

“I will...And I uh have something to tell you.....I met someone.”

“Really?”

“Yeah,” he tells me. “She lives in Cali. I met her gaming online. She’s not far from my new job. We’re meeting in person next week.”

“Are you sure she’s real?” I warn. “The internet is what it is.”

“She is real. We’ve been video chatting all week.”

“Very nice,” I say. “I wish you the best.”

We hear Claire’s voice shouting from the den. “Carl, Let’s GO!”

Carl and I chit chat for another minute. I tell him that I appreciate him reaching out to me. Thanks to our honest conversation I feel a burden lifted. I have a little more respect and appreciation for Carl. Finally, I feel like this whole episode is resolved.

“Come on, Carl, I’ll walk you out...and I have a parting gift for you.”

“You do?”

“Yes” I walk him back to the den where Claire is waiting and Tom is restoring the furniture arrangement. I take a head shot portrait of me from the desk and sign it. I watch him blush as he reads:

“To Carl,
My #1 fan and stud muffin.
Kiva”

As the ever so gracious hostess, I walk my guests to their car. Claire remains silent and sullen. I breathe a huge sigh of relief as their vehicle pulls away.

At that moment my cell phone rings. It’s Billy. He asks if I would like a cage fight with Paige as the lead in to the Kelli-Jolene fight. At first I excitedly say yes but remembered my shoulder. I don’t want to make the same mistake twice. Kelli taught me that. She once hurt her ribs fighting a beast named Candace. She fought again too soon and lost to a smaller woman who had no business beating her. I tell Billy I need a few days to see how my shoulder comes along but he insists on an answer now. Regrettably, I decline the fight. Shit. This is the second time I’ve had to turn down a fight at Billy’s but he assures me I’ll have more opportunities. I’m sure Paige will let me have it. She’ll probably say I’m afraid of her and faked the injury but I’m not going to put myself at a disadvantage. We’ll have our day.

Walking up our driveway, a pair of male hands grabs my waist from behind. I jump. My silly husband.

“You dodged quite a bullet, dear,” he says.

“I know.”

“I’ll think I’ll write my own Life With Kiva story,” he jokes.

“Oh yeah,” I shoot back. “Tell me, what is life with Kiva like?”

“Well,” he teases, “it’s never boring but it’s bad for my health. It’s going to give me an early heart attack.”

“Well, I know some good cardiologists,” I reply....”Tom, you’re right. What I did this time really took the cake. I owe you big time. Tell me what you’d like me to do for you. I promise I’ll do it.”

He puts his arm around my shoulder as we head toward the front door. He answers. “We have two more hours before we pick up Clarissa. I can think of something you can do for me.”

As we open the door and step inside, I place my arm around his waist and rest my head on his shoulder. And I’m reminded of how wonderful life, marriage.....and sex can be.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

-Kiva. 

The Kelli-Jolene cage fight has been posted. A must read!
https://www.freecatfights.com/forums/index.php?topic=78153.13
 Head to Head with a Home Wrecker p10, ch 28
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 02:34:17 AM by Kiva »
Don’t bother walking a mile in my shoes. That would be boring. Spend thirty seconds in my head. That’ll freak you right out.

Offline FyreCracka

• God Member
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2021, 05:09:31 AM »
OMG... I was hating you so much. Which was brilliantly done by the way. Let's go on a little trip through Kelli's brain while reading this...

I'm so ready to read a beat down.

Uh oh, with Tom being mad and Kiva's shoulder being hurt this could get interesting

Wine and Oxy are a bad combo... this could be close.

surely this is a bad dream...

Kiva still has this...

Surely this is a bad dream...

Ok Tom will inspire her, Kiva has this...

Please be a bad dream....

Nooooo!!!!!!....

Well Tom will throw them out...

Maybe Carl won't want this...

Oh fuck..this can't be happening....

Please oh please be a bad dream... please...

Oh God... Kiva is naked.... no, no, no, no....

Oh fuck... Carl is naked.... I can't handle this...I'm stopping.. I just can't...

Ok, I have to finish this...

Oh thank God, she can beat him!

Nooooo!! (Again)

No Kiva... for the love of God. I'll start my own catpin club... don't do it!

Holy Fuck!!!!! She did it.... Noooooo!!! (Again)

Oh now comes the fucking bad dream... fucking brilliant but I hate you now....

Dear lord... Kiva just pulled an "Inception" moment ... I love you again...

On to the real fight..

Ok... Kiva has some stuff to work through but she's got this...

Yessss!!! That's what I'm talking about

Sweet, Carl's an ok guy - perfect cherry on top

Standing ovation after a slow clap.

--Kelli

Offline Kiva

• God Member
  • Critical Care RN
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2021, 04:08:50 PM »
Thanks so much Kelli. That was a dirty trick putting you through all of that. My hope was that this would be a roller coaster ride of a story that would get the heart racing a little, knowing I’d probably tick off readers in parts, but hopefully come in for a smooth landing. I love the Inception comparison.
Don’t bother walking a mile in my shoes. That would be boring. Spend thirty seconds in my head. That’ll freak you right out.

Offline Tiberius J.C.

• God Member
  • Profile pic: James Mason as Tiberius in "A.D."
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2021, 10:04:54 AM »
I think there's something rather noble about a sister defending the honour of her nerd of a little brother. And when she's a scrawny klutz who can't fight for toffee apples, it only makes her more heroic. I'd love it if she won one. There must be someone in Texas she can beat. I'll hold her coat. And her specs.

Offline Altered Ego

« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2021, 07:55:40 PM »
Excellent effort. Lots of twists and turns- none of them being tired or overused. The characters were complicated and interesting. Everything flowed well with the rest of your chapters and everyone's actions seemed consistent with how they've acted previously. Such a well thought out world.
Trillian: AlteredEgo

Offline Kiva

• God Member
  • Critical Care RN
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2021, 09:08:06 PM »
Excellent effort. Lots of twists and turns- none of them being tired or overused. The characters were complicated and interesting. Everything flowed well with the rest of your chapters and everyone's actions seemed consistent with how they've acted previously. Such a well thought out world.
Thank you A.E., I’m glad you enjoyed it. One really fun thing about being an extended guest in FyreCracka’s universe is experimenting with both old and new characters and plots while keeping my vision of this wonderful place consistent with Kelli’s. It’s been a blast. Thanks to all for reading!

Offline Kiva

• God Member
  • Critical Care RN
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2021, 10:10:12 PM »
Chapter 7: Destiny

Each of us
A cell of awareness
Imperfect and incomplete
Genetic blends
With uncertain ends
On a fortune hunt
That's far too fleet

You can choose a ready guide
In some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide
You still have made a choice

You can choose from phantom fears
And kindness that can kill
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose free will
-Rush

Her name is Destiny. She is the 18 year old child.... I mean woman,...standing opposite from me in the cage. Like me, she is shaking her arms, bouncing and shuffling her feet in place. Her blonde hair is in a ponytail, her fair skin is covered in tattoos. The referee calls us to the center. We both obey as I walk off to meet her with my trainer Freddie behind me, rubbing my shoulders. Now is the stare down. Our blue eyes are fixed on each other’s. She gives me her best scowl as I do the same. My sports bra and bikini bottom are black, hers are blue. We are wearing 10 oz. boxing gloves and are barefoot. The fight is scheduled for 10 two minute rounds with one minute in between.

The referee is reviewing the rules but I’m not hearing it. It’s a typical crowd tonight at Billy’s. Electric. Horny. Bloodthirsty. My fight is the lead in to Jolene’s caged catfight title defense against Patricia in a fight billed as “Battle of the Gingers.” Inside the cage, I fight back the butterflies. The air smells like cigarette and cigar smoke and spilt beer. The lights are bright, it’s hard to make out faces in the crowd. I know Tom is out there. I think Kelli and Jake are still here. I suspect Jolene and Paige are watching. The rest are nameless silhouettes of ranchers, oil workers, factory employees, business persons, accountants and lawyers.

Destiny looks very confident, as if she owns the place. She’s a self-absorbed twit who’s already made several poor life decisions, making a living as a stripper and a hustler. She had been after me for weeks wanting a fist fight. She considers herself a striker. After watching videos of my knockouts of Freda and Ginger, she marked me as an opponent. I wasn’t very enthused. With Destiny at 5’3 and 115 lbs, I didn’t need another undersized opponent. She persisted. Finally, she took the idea to Billy who offered to sponsor a bare knuckle cage fight. Not for me. In my profession, I can’t afford to injure my hands. Billy suggested boxing with gloves. When I hesitated, he reminded me that I turned down his last two offers to fight and after strike three, he’s done with me. At least I’m getting paid for tonight.

Destiny has more fighting experience. I never boxed before. I have a 4 inch and 13 lb size advantage. It has occurred to me that getting knocked out by a smaller teenager will be humiliating. I’ve trained hard for this, working out at 4 am, then after work. Freddie hooked me up with Hector, a retired former world lightweight champion who now runs a gym in town, specializing in teaching boxing to women. Both men are working my corner tonight. Destiny’s corner woman is her mother, a blonde woman named Krystal who looks eerily like Kelli’s evil twin. Think of Kelli Rose as a weatherbeaten, tattooed, foul mouthed, chain smoking skank and you have a pretty good picture of Krystal.

The referee orders us to touch gloves and return to our “corners,” actually opposite ends of a square enclosed by the chain link fence. Freddie inserts my mouthpiece and applies Vaseline to my face. My long hair is braided and tied back. Hector quickly goes over last second strategy.

“Oh Kiva?,” he says. I turn toward him. “Your necklace. You’re still wearing your necklace. Take it off.”

“Oh shit, I forgot.” I lower my head as the bald fit middle aged man removes the gold plated jewelry.

****6 hours earlier****

“Elena, take a deep breath. Nice. Again. Good. Now lie back. I’m going to press on your belly. Tell me if anything hurts.”

The young Latina woman assists me in completing my assessment. Weak and anemic, a hint of beauty still shone through her sickly form. The pretty brown eyes managed to glimmer like a sunbeam breaking through the clouds. Pale and malnourished, I could sense an inner strength pushing back against the disease ravaging her body.

A young wife and mother of two, Elena was in excellent health until she was struck with an aggressive form of acute myelogenous leukemia. After a rocky course of toxic chemotherapy and body irradiation, she underwent a stem cell transplant. Since then, she’s had a string of complications. Her immune system obliterated, she was in and out of my ICU with infections. Recovering from severe pneumonia, she improved enough to come off the mechanical respirator yesterday.

“Kiva...,” the frail young woman said with a mischievous gleam in her eye and lips trying to hold back a sly smile. “I can’t believe I got stuck with you as my nurse. This is too funny.”

“I’m going to flush your IV,” I explained.

“You know, Kiva, it’s a good thing we’re not wearing our catpins right now. Or I’d have to get out of this bed and kick your ass.”

We both laughed. I had met Elena online a few months ago. We had a catty exchange and explored an arranged fight. We couldn’t find a mutually agreeable date, and then she disappeared, not answering my messages. At the time, I had no idea why.

“I have a rule, Elena,” I joked. “I require all of my opponents to be off the ventilator for at least three days.”

“So...you want to set up an arranged fight,” she asked with another coy smirk.

“When you’re ready, dear. But right now, you and I are a tag team. I’ll hold down the leukemia, and you....”, I whisper in her ear so only she hears my words,...”kick it in the pussy.”

“I can’t believe you said that,” she giggled.

“Hey, what’s a little shop talk between two catfighting sisters...right?...But next, back to business. You need a breathing treatment, your IV antibiotics, physical therapy, and your doctors are planning a bone marrow biopsy to...you know, check on the status of the leukemia...to see if it tapped out yet.”

“Cancel the biopsy. I’m not doing it.”

“Why?”

“It hurts.”

“I know, hun, but it’s really important. You’ve been through so much already, this will tell us so much,” I offer.

“What would you do?”

“I’d have the biopsy.”

“Easy for you to say.”

“I know it’s hard, Elena,” I say, trying my best counselor voice. “Somethings happen that are out of control. No one knows why you got leukemia. But all we can do is control what we can by making the best choices.”

“Fine,” she replies. “You talked me into it...Bitch,” she adds with a grin.

“Sounds good to me...Skank,” I shoot back. We laugh again.

Some may consider my interaction inappropriate and unprofessional. I disagree. Every patient relationship is unique and appropriateness is determined within that context. Because of our shared hobby, I could connect with Elena in a way like no other nurse.

“Kiva,” the pretty but chronically Ill looking Hispanic woman says, “My mother is coming today. She has something for you.”

I have no idea what she means but I thank her, finish up my shift and say goodbye. “See you tomorrow, sweetie,” I said. “A little more progress and we can get you out of the ICU, so get some rest and get those nails sharpened.”

My shift is over but not my working day. As the manager, I head back to my office where paperwork and budget spreadsheets await. I pause at my desk pondering the irony. A few months ago, Elena and I planned to rip each other’s hair out. Now here we are with a common goal of saving her life. I guess that’s destiny.

My thoughts are interrupted by a tap on the door and in my office walks a young, very attractive woman.

“Hey girl, I wanted to catch you before you leave,” she says. It’s Tori, one of the hospital pharmacists. She’s only in her early 20s, having joined us last year after college graduation.
“I hear your fighting at Billy’s tonight,”

“Yeah,” I reply.

“Well guess what,” she says excitedly, “so am I.”

“Wait,...did you say you’re fighting tonight at Billy’s?

“You got it. I’m in the opening fight...in the cage..It’s gonna be AWESOME!”

I did a double take.  At 5’8” and about 140 lbs, Tori has a very athletic body, having competed in multiple sports. She approached me several weeks ago about taking up catfighting. She joined the website, then had her first arranged match with another newbie and won easily.

“Tori,” I explained. “I’m not understanding this. You’re fighting tonight at Billy’s? How many fights have you had.”

“This will be my second.”

It’s not computing. “Uh, how did you get this match.”

“I went down to Billy’s, spoke with him myself, and he booked me. It’s so cool. I’m gonna get paid.”

“Does he know you’re inexperienced?”

“Yup, he knows. But he told me he had the perfect opponent in mind for me.”

I still can’t wrap my head around this. Maybe Billy is matching up rookies these days, but something about booking Tori really smells bad.

“Tori, I warned, “I don’t like this. Don’t ever trust Billy. The man is slime. There is no good reason for you to be fighting in a cage in a place like that yet.”

“No worries,” she responds. “I can handle myself. I can’t wait to get in there and kick some ass.”

“Uh,..do you know who your opponent is tonight.”

“Yup, Billy picked her out. “He said he knows I can take her. And guess what? She’s somebody you know? Guess who it is.”

“Uh, Freda?”

“No.”

“Deanna?”

“Nope.”

“Claire?”

“Wrong again.”

“I give up...Who?”

“Kelli ‘FyreCracka’ Rose.”

“Wh..Wha...WHAT! Tori, tell me I didn’t hear what I just thought I heard.”

“You heard that right. I’m fighting Kelli Rose at Billy’s tonight.”

“Alright Tori, I’m missing something. So, you’ve had one fight. You went to see Billy and he’s paying you to fight Kelli Rose in a cage. And he told you he thinks you’ll win?”

“Correct on all points, sugar,” she answered.

I’m still not processing this. Furthermore, I don’t understand the confidence and smugness exuded by this upstart over the idea of fighting Kelli.

“Alright Tori, look here,” I chided. “Something is seriously fucked up about this. You know Kelli can fight like hell. She’s had at least thirty fights so far.”

“Yeah, I know,” she said almost dismissively.

“And you honestly think you’re a match for her?”

“Yep,” she replied without hesitation....”She’s old.” Good Lord, the smugness.

“Tori, do you have any idea what kind of shit you’re stepping in?”

“Look, I know Kelli used to be good, but she’s finished. I’m younger, I’m stronger, I’m faster. She has no idea what I’m going to hit her with.”

“Tori,” I cautioned. “You’re making a big mistake. I don’t know what Billy has up his sleeve but it stinks to high heaven.”

“No worries. Have you seen Kelli fight lately?” she asked. “She’s too slow. I was there when Jolene knocked her out. Fuck, Jolene telegraphed that punch. Anyone could have seen it coming a mile away. Kelli just doesn’t have it anymore. Imagine what I can do to her.”

“I was there too,” I retorted. “That’s not how I saw it.”

“Well you’re not exactly a spring chicken either, dear,” Tori scoffed. “I mean, come on, that Housewives Division is a joke. A bunch of grannies rolling around, pulling hair and slapping each other. They all need to move on. I’ll retire them one by one, starting with Kelli.”

“Yeah right,” I replied with my own dismissive tone. “Tori, you do know what happens to catfight losers at Billy’s, right?”

“Yeah, I know,” she said sounding annoyed. “They get stripped, I told you, I’ve been to Billy’s before.”

“And you’re OK with that.”

“Hell yeah,” she answered, taking her smugness to another level. “I’ll feel bad for the crowd, having to look at Kelli’s saggy ass again.”

“Kelli is in great shape,” I snapped back.

“Yeah, for an old lady....And those things on her chest she calls tits...”

That did it. I briskly arose from my desk and approached the misguided fledgling catfighter and stood nose to nose with her as if we were having our own prefight stare down.

“Alright Tori,” I said in the most sonorous and stern voice I could, “I cannot possibly make what I’m about to say any clearer. Kelli is going to rip you apart limb by limb. You will be left in the cage naked and humiliated, being jeered and leered by a crowd of bloodthirsty and lustful animals. The only way I can see this not happening is if Kelli somehow has a fit of compassion and decides to let you off easy. But don’t count on it. A fight is a fight.”

“You have a choice,” I added. “There’s still time to get out of the fight; I’d be happy to take the hit for it from Billy, if you’d like. Or...you can get in the cage with Kelli and face your destiny. The choice is yours.”

With our faces just inches apart, her hazel eyes stared into my blue ones. Her shoulder length walnut brown hair contrasted with my dark brown. I wondered if she would shove me to start a fight in my office. Instead, she slowly turned toward the office door, then turned her face to me one final time.

“See you at Billy’s...loser,” she muttered, as she exited, closing the door behind her.

“You made you’re choice,....bitch,” I mumbled to myself.

Kelli. I’ve been wondering a lot about her lately. After her loss to Jolene, she deliberately took time away from Billy’s to regroup. She fought a few fights. She told me an incredible story about a fight she had in a mud pit with the matriarch of an Indian catfighting family. She mentioned a fight she had in her own home with one of Jake’s old girlfriends. It must have been wild. She won but she was pretty vague about how she finished off the woman. Even when I pressed her, she would only say, “I was the better woman.” Maybe she’ll explain it someday. Kelli even found a new fighting venue in a very exclusive club that caters to high society. I’d love to learn more about it.

I can understand if Kelli is ready to return to Billy’s to make another run at Jolene. But against a nobody like Tori? In the first match of the card? She can’t be happy about it. Does Billy think she’s a has been? Is he into squash matches? Actually, I suspect he’s trying to screw with Kelli’s mind. Maybe insulting her with a prelim fight is his way of firing her up for a Jolene rematch.

I called Kelli and asked her if the Tori fight was true. Her response was so laden with profanity, it just about melted my cellphone. When she calmed down, my suspicions were confirmed. Billy denied her request for a Jolene rematch, insisting she’s fallen down in the rankings and must fight her way back into contention. What bullshit! She didn’t know until today that her opponent has little experience, but she feels she has to go through with it. As I presumed, Kelli is pissed. We’re both thinking the same thing. Billy is playing mind games.

I locked my office door and walked down the hall. The elevator door opened and I hurried inside it not noticing the woman exiting it as I walked past her. “Kiva?” a lovely 60ish Latina woman called. Embarrassed, I turned back toward her and apologized for my inadvertent rudeness to Elena’s mom.

I hurried up home, washed, had a very light meal, packed my gym bag, waited for the babysitter, and Tom drove us to Billy’s. My cover charge was waived tonight. We walked through the darkened doors and into the familiar dim and smoky air, illuminated by the bar’s neon lights. Across from the bar is the arena, centerpieced by the foreboding chain link fence cage. The cageside seats were still sparsely filled as it’s early in the evening. We headed toward the dressing room to drop off my gear, passing barstools and booth tables. As I feared, Jolene and Paige were with their husbands at their favorite corner booth. Paige and I had been at each other for weeks. I declined a cage fight with her due to a shoulder injury a while back and she relentlessly uses that against me. “Oh look who showed up tonight,” she barbed. “Want me to carry your gym bag, little girl. We don’t want you to hurt your shoulder again.” I ignored her. She’s not worth losing my focus. I have a fight tonight.

I met Kelli and Jake in the back area. Kelli was already in her red bikini and stretching, being in the opener. I felt a twinge of sadness knowing that her favorite camouflage bikini is now in Jolene’s trophy case. I really hope Kelli gets another shot at the redheaded bitch. But tonight, she’s a curtain jerker and the look on her face said it all. We nod and waved at each other but did not speak. She’s in the zone, looking like she’s about to kill a bear. There will be plenty of time to talk later.

Further back, I saw Patricia with her husband Randall and daughter Gina. I know Patricia from the country club. She’s another trophy wife with whom I have little in common, but I like her. She can be a little rough around the edges, but I admire her no nonsense approach. We get along fine. I really hope she wins tonight. I wished Patricia luck and she did the same to me. We hugged as Tom and Randall briefly chatted about golf.

Another dressing room door opened and I caught a glimpse of Tori in her cream colored bikini. I’m immediately struck by the youthfulness and vitality she radiates. Her body is magnificent. Not rock hard, but strong, vibrant, yet still feminine. She radiates vigor and youth. For a brief moment, I wondered if she would be a tough match for Kelli. Nah, I told myself as Tori sneered at me, closing her dressing room door.

Tom and I found my room, we dropped off my stuff and went out to watch the first fights. Tori was introduced first to music. She bounced down in the aisle in her bikini to a raucous response, eating it all up, smiling, waving, fist bumping. She’s not lacking confidence, I thought. That’s for sure.

Kelli came next. I had never seen her like this. Usually, she loves to interact with the crowd. Tonight there was none of that. She approached the cage, looking straight ahead, deadly serious and angry. I can’t blame her. Booking her with Tori is an insult. It was clear to me Kelli wanted to end this travesty quickly.

I was disappointed to see Tori get the louder crowd response during the introductions. I supposed they enjoyed seeing a new young fighter, especially one with Tori’s looks. She played  it up, doing a little twerk when her name was announced. The two women were called together to the center of the cage. I had never seen Kelly wear such a fearsome staredown expression. Tori, however, was clearly not intimidated and practically laughed in Kelly’s face. Could this girl possibly be a bigger fool? I wondered.

Unfortunately, the answer was “yes.” The young pharmacist, still nose to nose with Kelly, reached her arms behind her back. Next thing I knew, her 35D bikini top was off, as the crowd popped with wild cheers. Shocked I watched her puff out her chest, waving around the top, while acknowledging the crowd. This moron is really asking for it, I thought.

Kelli remained motionless and without expression during this charade. Tori, as if she didn’t provoke her enough motioned for Kelli to remove her top as well. Tori clearly had control of the crowd as they joined with her urging Kelli to go topless, beginning a chant, “Take it off, take it off.”

Reluctantly, Kelli gave in, finally removing the top part of her bikini, baring her breasts, as the crowd erupted again. I can’t possibly imagine how pissed she is. They continued their stare down, with Tori very pleased and proud of her body. She clearly believes hers is superior to Kelli’s and has no doubt the crowd feels the same. She imposed her breasts into Kelli’s space, practically touching the blonde’s 34Bs.

What the fuck? I thought. I just want this fight to get started. Once it does, I’m sure it will end quickly. It’s irritating for me watching Kelli having to put up with this nonsense. What does Tori think she is accomplishing? I wondered. Yes, her body is younger, her tits are bigger, but Kelli’s done this enough times to not be intimidated. At age 39, she’s confident in her own skin to be thrown off by this shit.

As the ref ordered the women back to their respective edges of the cage, the combatants remained in their bare chested stare down for a few more seconds. And then, against all wisdom, Tori, for reasons known only to her, reached a new low in disrespect, thrusting her upper body forward, nailing Kelli with a chest bump, their tits crashing, knocking the blonde backwards several feet. The crowd rocked again. I was sure Kelli would rush her before the bell and beat the crap out of her on the spot. I certainly would have. Kelli, with her experience showed remarkable restraint, glaring at the woman while returning to her corner. Tori’s antics won over the crowd, who began chanting her name before the fool did a lick of fighting. With one look at Kelli, it was clear she had a plan. The bell was about to ring. It wasn’t going to be pretty.

“Ding,” Both fighters rushed to the center of the cage. Tori tried to be the aggressor, going right after Kelli with her hands up, looking to land heavy blows. Kelli was unfazed, calmly maneuvering to the side as the inexperienced pharmacist swung wildly. The veteran blonde fired a few counter slaps to the face. Tori, who possibly may have never been hit before, appeared to panic immediately, sloppily lunging after her opponent’s hair. As she reached in, the young fool left her belly wide open as a target that was impossible for Kelli to miss. A hard right to the midsection doubled the brunette over. A hard slap to the face nearly turned her head around.

Ever the brawler, Kelli than charged at her disoriented prey, driving her backward, crashing her back into the cage. Trapped, Tori could do nothing to defend against the barrage of blows to the abdomen and kidney area. One punch after another, fists buried into the youthful flesh. Kelli stepped back, letting her victim fold forward in half, then pitch headfirst to the canvas in a heap.

Considering Tori’s prefight tit comparison contest, I could have guessed what came next. Yanking her battered victim up by the hair, Kelli maneuvered behind the rookie, locking the arms behind her back. With her front unprotected, I winced as Kelli drove her forward into the fence. Sandwiched between Kelli and the fence, Tori’s boobs were pressed between the links. And then Kelli did it. She raked Tori’s body along the fence, scraping the defenseless tits across the links. At this point, the fight was only about a minute lsince the opening bell. Watching the metal dig into tit flesh, I started to worry for Tori, knowing how upset Kelli was. I wondered how far she would take it. Fortunately, the answer was not much further.

Tori, her chest and body red and scratched from Kelli’s fists and the fence, slumped helplessly as Kelli released her. Staggering to her feet, she was completely vulnerable and Kelli wasted no time seizing her by the waist and carrying her to the center of the cage before slamming her to the canvas like the proverbial sack of potatoes. I watched her moan and roll on to her belly as Kelli stood straddling over her. No sooner did Tori lift herself on her knees and elbows when Kelli cinched  on the body scissors, forcing the hapless pharmacist to her side. As I expected, Kelli clamped on the chin lock, pulling the neck upward while wrenching the body with her strong legs. I anticipated Tori’s submission as her moaning turned to wailing as her spine was helplessly stretched. That was, at least until Kelli released the chin lock, reaching her arms around her foe’s front, seizing both breasts with her hands, digging in with her nails. I tried to imagine Tori’s pain as Kelli’s claws raked her already battered boobs upward while the leg scissors yanked her body downward. I didn’t have to imagine for long. The formerly smug newbie screamed in agony for a few seconds before screeching, “I GIVE UP...STOP...PLEASE!”
Kelli gave her leg scissors hold one last hard spasm before releasing the woman who failed to heed my warning.

The ending bell rings as Kelli stands, leaving her crumpled opponent on the cage floor. The referee takes hold of her arm to raise it in victory, but the blonde brawler yanked it away and glared at her in disgust. She didn’t want this victory. She didn’t want a celebration. She didn’t want this fight. She wanted to move on from this farce as quickly as possible.

Billy entered the cage and Kelli went at him like a starving pit bull. At 5’6”, up on her toes, she did everything she could to get in the face of the 6’5” slime bucket. With her neck veins bulging, she unleashed a verbal torrent from which he could not escape. I couldn’t hear what she was saying but I can read lips and I think every other word contained the root word, “fuck”. It was almost comical. Forced to endure Kelli’s mouthy assault, I could see the large bald head nodding frantically, saying only, “Okay, okay, okay, huh, huh, yeah, okay” as she gave him more than a piece of her mind.

On the other side of the cage, I saw Destiny had arrived. The sight of her put butterflies in my stomach with the realization that I will very shortly be in a boxing match. Turning my attention back to the cage, Tori was now nude as Kelli had rightfully removed and claimed the loser’s bikini bottom. The unhappy winner began to exit the cage, looked at the cream colored brief she had just won, then tossed them back into the cage before heading to the back dressing area. I understood. It wasn’t worthy of her trophy collection. Why keep any reminder of this abomination?

Tori slowly and stiffly rose from the canvas as a battered blithering mess to a chorus of jeers, whistles, and decadent comments. She tried her best using her arms and hands to hide her bush and bruised breasts as she stumbled her way out of the cage. Burned into my memory is the lasting image of her bare ass skulking down the aisle to laughter and insults. I tried.

Freddie and Hector made their way over to me. “Time to get ready, champ.” I left Tom and headed to the back rooms. My hair was already braided and tied up. Dressed in only a few minutes, I waited for my trainers to come tape my hands and glove me.

I sat alone in the dressing room. And felt very lonely. I’ve heard of the extreme isolation a boxer feels in the minutes before a fight. The nervousness, the anticipation, the struggle against fear - its all very real. Even if someone is physically present with you, you feel all...alone. I couldn’t stand it.

I walked out of the room and paced the hallway, hoping to slightly relieve my anxiety. A door opened, Kelli and Jake stepped out.

“Hey,” I breathed out.

“Hey”

“You okay?”

“Better.”

“God, Kelli, I don’t know what to say. It sucks what Billy is putting you through....So, is he giving you a Jolene rematch?”

“Well, let’s just say Billy and I are negotiating. I’ll tell you about it later. Right now, you just focus on Destiny. Remember, she’s fast and she’s got a jab but you can cut the ring in half and hit her.”

Kelli’s right. Destiny doesn’t hit hard, but she can move and she’s elusive. Her left jab can mark up your face and eat you alive as the fight goes on. My trainers and I watched her videos. I have a size and power advantage. The strategy is to not let her dance circles and jab. We worked on techniques to take away her space. It was all about to happen in a few minutes. Shit, I was nervous.

“Good luck, hon,” Kelli offered. “We‘ll be out there for you.” I hugged the two of them as they headed out of the back room dressing area.

“Thanks.”

Down the hallway, I heard a noise...like loud sobbing, like a woman..crying.

“Tori, it’s Kiva,” I announce as I tap on her door. “Are you alright? May I come in.”

“Go away,” she manages to choke out between sobs.

“You might feel better if we talk.”

“I said LEAVE!”

I’m sure her physical pain was nothing compared to the embarrassment and humiliation she suffered. Maybe she feared I’d say, “I told you so.” I wouldn’t. Doing so would serve no useful purpose. Hopefully, this ordeal will change her for the better. Maybe she’ll start making better decisions. Maybe she’ll improve her chances of a happy destiny. But right now, I have my own date...with Destiny.

“Ding.” The opening bell sounds as our stools are scuttled out of the cage. My heart must be racing faster than patients with atrial fibrillation at the hospital. Destiny and I meet with our gloves up in the center of the ring. Immediately, she circles to her left and I pivot to keep in front of her. She throws a few jabs but they are flickering blows without much force behind them. I block them easily. I stay in place as she dances a semicircle to one side, then reverses directions. Finally, she moves in at close range. I throw my own left jab, but in a flash, Destiny backs out. My miss wasn’t even close. She moves in and out and in again. I threw a looping right hand that she easily dodges and counters with a left hook, catching me above the right eye. Not a dangerous punch but it sent a message. Destiny is fast and clever. Her feet are swift. She is hard to hit. And the crowd loves it. Half a minute into the round, my confidence is already draining.

“Kiva, the plan,” Hector shouts, “Don’t stand there and watch her. Stay with the plan.”

He’s right. I should have known. We watched the videos. She’s doing exactly what we expected. Our plan was to cut her off from using the whole cage or she’ll circle me and jab me all night. I think it was Mike Tyson who said everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. With the novelty of being in my first boxing match wearing off, I’ve got to try something.

Don’t chase her, I tell myself. That’s what she wants. Cut her off. Move when she moves. Be her mirror. She dances to her left, I shift to my right and angle my body so she can’t get around me. It’s working. She’s flitting side to side. She moves, feints, then ducks out. But she’s giving up ground and moving backwards. The cage fence behind her back is getting closer. Yes, I’m getting hit by some shots but it’s not so bad. I’ll trap her soon.

We continue this dance for about a minute. I can tell Destiny is getting flustered as I keep her from circling. Finally, I land a straight right to the midsection, backing her up against the cage. It worked! I quickly close the distance. Keeping her pinned against the cage, I fire short blows to the body. A hard right uppercut to the solar plexus nearly lifts her off her feet. She lets out an “oomph” before dropping to a knee. I aim for her head before the ref pushes me away. What the fuck?

“Knockdown,” he informs me. “She’s on her knee. Go to the neutral corner.”

Shit, I almost forgot this was boxing. Destiny is up at seven. The ref waves us to resume fighting. However, as I move in on her, the bell rings to end the round.

Freddie and Hector are pleased. “You got it girl,” Hector smiles. “You know what to do. Back her up and trap her and she’s yours.” On the stool, I’m already sucking air. I look over at Destiny and she looks determined and relaxed despite my body shots. That’s the resiliency of youth. The minute rest evaporates quickly and the bell signals round two.

Destiny comes out circling and jabbing again and I catch a stiff one on the nose. The crowd is dazzled by her speed and footwork. She seems to fly around the ring, moving in, jabbing, ducking my counter, and backing out again. Instinctively, I forget my strategy and stalk her, getting peppered by her jabs from different angles. My trainers are frustrated. “Kiva, stay with the plan, cut her off,” they exhort.

The second round seems like a repeat of the first, as I start moving side to side with her. She misses a big right and I tie her up. With my size and weight advantage, I drive her backward against the cage with my short right. I cut her off by moving to the left, so she moves right - into the corner. Yes! Where I want her! With my reach, I fire a series of jabs, most of which she blocks. Finally, she lowers her guard for a second and I crash my hard right hand into her temple, sending her reeling along the fence, before falling on her hands and knees. Another knockdown! I know she’ll get up. She’s on her feet at the count of seven and I move in on her from my neutral corner. I drive her back into the corner and unleash a combination of blows to the body.

Suddenly, I feel a pair of arms around my neck as she lurches forward to tie me up. The ref orders a break, and a hard bony elbow jars my jaw, sending pain through the lower part of my face. Shocked, I stop, rub the right side of my mandible, then a right hook crashes into the left side of my jaw. I stumble backward, losing my balance, unable to prevent myself from falling on my ass. Fuck! I’m down - for the first time. The referee is counting but I know I’m OK. I spring to my feet immediately complaining about the foul but he’s not interested. Round two is history as the bell sounds.

“Fuck, did you see that?” I ask my trainers.

“Keep your cool and stay focused,” they advise me. I’m sucking wind even more than the last round.

Round three begins once again with Destiny dancing and me pivoting. I learned my lesson. I’m not delaying this time. I can back her into the cage and she knows it. And I’m proving it again. I keep her from circling around me. We trade punches. She lands twice as many blows but mine are harder. A right cross catches her as she’s backing up and she stumbles into the fence. I go in for the kill, but the dirty stripper wraps me around the chest, and I feel a solid rock crash into my nose. It was Destiny’s head. The fucking little low life head butted me. The pain is paralyzing. “Did you see that?” I shout to the ref. I see Destiny on the attack and I cover up.

My face is inflamed with pain and all I can think to do is protect myself. My arms and gloves cover my head as Destiny goes on the offensive. I keep my face well protected at the cost of my body as Destiny lands several hard blows to the belly and ribs. I hold this position and back up, so it is now Destiny doing the chasing. Her pursuit brings the end to round three.

Blood trickles from my nose. Hector assures me it’s not broken and he applies some goop on a swab before sticking it up my nose to stop the bleeding. It seems to be working. The trainers are surprised the ref didn’t see the head butt but they promised they had my back if any more funny stuff.

I’m still in pain and having trouble breathing through my nose due to the fouls as I answer the bell for round four. Destiny and I approach each other. “Try fouling me again, bitch,” I snarl through my mouth piece. She knows I’m looking to retaliate. The skank keeps her distance, only moving in occasionally to jab. That’s fine with me. I’m blocking most of her punches and I need time to recover. We’re moving much more slowly this round and throwing fewer punches. The crowd voices it’s displeasure and I hear a few boos at the close of this uneventful round. “Come on girls, pick up the pace,” Billy orders from outside the cage. Douchebag.

At the start of round five, we both seem a bit more rejuvenated. Destiny is still keeping her distance but is taking more calculated chances, throwing jabs, but now mixing in more right hands. Stinging flurries connect with my already bruised face. As she dances and flutters, I realize I’m having a hard time keeping up with her. After thirty seconds, I actually catch her with a sloppy looping right hand on the side of the jaw. She staggers and retreats to her own corner and covers up as I begin to press her. I outmuscle her with my body and fire away. Outside the cage, her skank mother shouts, “Hang on Destiny, cover up. This dumb bitch can’t beat you.”

I remember my trainer’s instructions to pivot with my punches as I have my derelict opponent trapped in the corner. I throw a series of left jabs, feint, than launch my haymaker right hook, I prepare for the impact of my glove to Destiny’s face, only to find I hit...nothing. The clever little whore ducked under my right, escaping from the corner like a trapped mouse who saw daylight. The momentum of my punch nearly turns me around. I’m confused as Destiny ploughs into me, driving me into her own corner. Before I could reorient myself, a right hand smacks into my left cheek. I slump backward against the corner post as Destiny lands combinations to my head and body. Once again, I cover up, moving my head up and down and side to side. “Put er away, Destiny,” her sleazy mother, Krystal shouts out. “You got er. Knock out that nurse cxnt.”

She has me pressed against the cage wire. Finally, I manage to clinch, my nose pushing into her sweaty tattooed shoulder. Destiny pushes me back into the fence but I have her arms tied up. What I do not notice is that the miserable shit has extended the thumb of her glove and thrusts it upward spiking me in the face just below my left eye. I let out a shriek, loosening my grip on her.

The referee does nothing as Destiny wriggles free of the clinch, and drives her knee into my belly, doubling me over as I drop to my knee. The fucking dirty bitch. Surely the referee saw that. It was so blatant. From my knees, I see him approaching her and...sending her to a neutral corner. He returns to me, then begins to...COUNT! WHAT THE FUCK. He scored it a knockdown. Infuriated, I stand immediately and wait for Destiny to approach. We put our hands up, but I go low, grab her around the waist and swing her into the fence, “You’re dead, bitch,” I grumble as the round five is over.

The ref is intently talking to my cornermen as they point out Destiny’s obvious disregard for the rules. They return to my corner to inform me of shocking news. I’ve been charged with a foul. They apply ice to my eye. Fortunately, the thumb spike missed the eye directly but a weal may be rising beneath it.

The bell for round six sounds and I’m mad as hell. I’ve been fouled three times, yet I’m the one with a point deducted. Fired up, I charge to the center of the ring as she dances away. She still can’t counter my strategy of restricting her space. I begin to move with her. I don’t need to outmaneuver her this time. My big right to the jaw drops her. In my neutral corner, she goes up on one knee and takes a nine count. She’s been rocked. I know I can end this. She looks unsteady, she is backing up to her own corner as I stalk her for the kill. She’s trapped and just looking to hang on. I throw an avalanche of punches, digging into the body. She feels it. I can tell she’s in pain. She ducks low, then lower, then practically to the ground to where I can’t hit her. This isn’t legal. I look to the useless ref. Nobody home. Destiny wraps her arms around my knees, lifts up and twists. I spin off balance, then fall backward into the cage. The blonde scum has me trapped against her corner post again, wrapping her arms around my neck. Fuck, where’s the ref to call the break?

I grab on to her neck and shoulders as we wrestle in her corner. The toxic raspy voice of her trashy mom trills again from behind the corner, “Kill ‘er Destiny. Kill ‘er.” Then, in the middle of my lower back, something penetrates my skin, as if something entered the cage from outside the fence sending searing pain in my lower spine like a hornet sting, but worse. I scream and lurch forward. I quickly turn behind me to see Destiny’s mom stamping out her cigarette butt. “FUCK!” I scream out. “SHE BURNED ME!...WHAT THE FUCK!

Completely distracted and with my hands down, I never saw the right hand coming, landing flush on the side of my jaw. All I know is that I am down on the canvas and stunned. Lying on my side, propped up by one arm, I’ve been rocked. I hear the crowd but they sound so distant. I can get up. I’m not out. I’m going to get the fuck up and knock this bitch out.

“Four...Five..” I can get up but it’s so...hard.

“Seven...Eight...” So hard...but I’m ...up.

The little BITCH! She comes after me, her right hand cocked. She thinks I’m vulnerable so she’s loaded up her haymaker. Not me, babe. Two can play this game. I duck low, wrap up her waist and lift. I carry the load of garbage to the center of the ring and throw her to the canvas as hard as I can. She leaps back up and we grapple until I throw her down again. I feel the refs hand seize my arm. He’s pulling me to my corner. He speaks. I’ve been charged with another foul and point deduction. One more, he tells me, I’ll be disqualified. Is he fucking kidding? The round ends. Freddie and Hector argue with the ref but it goes nowhere.

Round seven begins. Something seems different. I have an ominous dreadful feeling. This fight has been something out of the Twilight Zone. I’ve been elbowed, head butted, kneed, thumbed to the eye and burnt with a cigarette. And yet I have two fouls to her none. Something is not right. Who the fuck is this ref? I’m past beginning to wonder. Destiny and I approach with a viciousness unlike any other round. For the first time, she doesn’t begin the round by dancing and circling. Her hands are up like she wants to slug it out. That’s fine with me, whore. Bring it. We meet in the middle of the ring and swing. She no longer respects my power and seems to think I’ve weakened. I’m getting hit. She’s faster and landing more. For the first time in the fight, I notice my legs feel different...heavier. My swings are sloppy, I’m not punching on the pivot. I’ve forgotten how to use my shoulders and elbows. My trainers are screaming at me.

I flail at her but I’m the one getting hit. A stiff left to the face staggers me backward. She pursues. I let her swing and miss, then move in for the clinch. I’m getting tired so I lean on her. I look out for the thumb this time but now she tries a new dirty trick. I feel her kicking my shins. I motion to the ref but I get no response. We break, this time I land a solid left to the chest and she backs up. We again stand in place and slug. She hits me with three blows before I land one.

Finally, my favorite punch, the right hook drives into her ribs. She winces and grabs on to me and resumes kicking my legs. We lose our balance and stumble to the fence, grabbing on to each other. I manage to free my right hand and plunge another chopping shot to the same ribs. She feels it. Her kicks are harder and more frantic. My shins are in agony. “Stop kicking, cxnt,” I grow. I grapevine one of her legs with mine. As she tries to kick again, we both lose our footing and spin into the cage wall. Destiny strikes the fence face first as the two of us slide to the canvas. We roll together for a few yards before the ref separates us and helps Destiny up. Is that legal? I painfully power my way to my feet and the two of us prepare to face off.

As I rise, I note a trail of red drops staining the canvas. There’s a smear of crimson across my bra...and on my left arm....Blood...no mistake about it...but from where?...one look at Destiny’s face answers the question. A jagged laceration about one and a half inches long is located above her left eye. The left half of her forehead is smudged with red. A few trickles run around her eye and down the side of her face. But how? I don’t think it was from my punches...The fence. Destiny went face first into the fence when our legs tangled. Serves the bitch right, she was trying to kick me.

The ref orders us to resume fighting. Isn’t anyone going to check her out. As a nurse, the cut looks concerning. As a fighter, it’s a wonderful sight. We put our hands up. My fighter instinct takes over. I fire several jabs at the cut. She blocks them as the bell indicates the end to round seven. I walk to my corner confident as I know Destiny is in big trouble.

Hector reminds me that, according to the rules, if a fight is stopped due to an accident, the winner is determined by the scorecard up to that point. By his estimation, I’m behind due to the fouls called against me. But is anybody playing by the rules?

Destiny’s mother is applying pressure to her daughter’s wound. Billy enters the cage and examines Destiny. Now he’s talking to the ref. Is the fight being stopped? The nurse in me hopes so. Billy leaves the cage, the bell rings and the ref motions us to fight. Oh Christ, there really is going to be a round nine.

Destiny comes out of her corner with her left hand held high to protect the wound, which at this time seems to have a slight ooze of blood. She seems determined not to mix it up, instead she circles but not jabbing, using her left for defense. The fight has taken its toll on both of us. Destiny is not as fleet with her lateral movement and fades. My legs feel heavy as I decide to stalk her.

I fire a series of left jabs to the eye. She manages to block them but the left side of her body is open and vulnerable to my right hook. A few blows to the body back her up. She grabs on to my arms and shoulders, then slips away. For half the round, I land rights to the body. I know she feels them as I see her left hand lower. Finally, I jab a left into her glove, fake the right. Her left lowers, then BAM, a hard left finds the cut over the eye.

The bleeding has restarted. I repeat the process, digging rights to the body, forcing openings to the left. Blood trickles down her cheek, down the side of her nose. Her forehead is a mess. This must end. A big right to the head sends her down. It’s a matter of time now.

As Destiny is counted and a I wait in my neutral corner, a voice calls from behind me beyond the cage.

“Kiva,” calls a low male voice. “It’s Billy. NO. Don’t look. Don’t make it obvious. Just look straight ahead” What the fuck could this be about. At this point, nothing would be surprise me.

“Kiva, I need you to do something. I need you to lay down.”

“Lay down?”

“Yeah, lay down. As in take a dive.”

“You want me to throw the fight?” Holy shit. Could this dickhead possibly be more corrupt.”

“Look,” the douchebag explains, “there’s a lot of money here tonight that says you’ll go to sleep before the final bell. Go down and you’re cut is five grand...Pretty good gig, right.”

I’m shocked into being speechless. I can’t even bring myself to answer him.

“Five grand and a shot at Jolene. I’ll let you kick Destiny’s ass later.”

Across the ring, Destiny manages to rise again. I leave my neutral corner, and Billy, without giving him a response. He doesn’t deserve one.

My opponent and I are ordered to resume fighting. Although I’m a nurse who is used to blood, I can’t stand to see Destiny. Her face is a mask of scarlet. Streams and rivulets of red run down to her neck and shoulders. Drops splatter across the ring.

Destiny tries to run and hold on as much as she can to avoid further damage. Even her attempts at dirty fouls have become feeble. I’m almost hitting her at will when she falls again. She manages to beat the count once more as the bell mercifully sounds to end round eight.

My trainers are disgusted, pleading to the referee to stop the fight for Destiny’s sake. Their instructions to me are simple. Go all out and end it.

Destiny staggers out of her corner. Her mother wiped away most of the blood but the wound is still oozing. It will open up easily. My legs feel heavier but I won’t need much to finish off Destiny. More right hands to the body, a left right left combination and down she goes. I see Billy is waiting for me outside my neutral corner.

“Okay, Kiva,” he says, “Seven and a half grand and I strip Jolene of her title and give it to you. You’re now the Housewives Division champ. You walk out of here tonight with all that.”

It makes sense now. The fouls, the incompetent referee, placing Destiny’s health in danger. This whole fucking fight was rigged. Even Destiny’s mom is involved. I was never supposed to win this fight.

Across the ring, unfortunately for her, Destiny has risen. The cut looks bigger. The bleeding is worse. The referee talks to her and holds her gloves. Is he finally stopping the fight. No, he’s doing something to her gloves. He’s giving her something. Or is he? Is it a blade? A bottle? A hypodermic syringe? No, can’t be. These people aren’t that smart. But they made me paranoid. Maybe there up to something. I can’t let them get inside my head. I need to focus and finish this........

What happened? I’m down. I was hit in the head and knocked into the fence. And now I’m lying on my side. Did someone throw something at me?...No...It was Destiny. She punched me. Hard. I was lost in my paranoia, became distracted, took my eye off of her. Now I’m down.

I’m facing the crowd. The noise seems like it’s coming through a tunnel. I see faces. I see Tom. I see Kelli and Jake. My vision is a little wavy. I see their horrified concerned expressions. I see Billy. He smiles at me and gives me a thumbs up. The bastard thinks I accepted his offer.

I roll over and lift up with my arms as the referee reaches a four count. I get to both knees, than one knee. I don’t know if I have my legs. I suppose I’ll find out. I might be finished. If I am, at least I’m getting paid a lot more than if I won.

“Seven...Eight.”

I turn my head again to the crowd. Tom, Kelli, and Jake are urging me. Billy is nodding at me and clapping his hands like he’s saying, “Good Job.”

Well, fuck you, Billy. I’m...

“Nine...”

UP!

Destiny looks defeated at the sight of me rising. My legs feel like lead. My eyes are glassy. But still, I know Destiny is worse. Her knockdown punch used up her last fiber of energy. She can barely raise her hands. Blood impairs her vision. To her credit, after cheating her ass off this fight, the little skank decides to die fighting.

She charges at me like a streamlined missile, her right hand cocked. She knows it’s her last chance and she hopes I’m too stunned to get out of the way. I brace myself and wait. The eighteen year old runs at me, digs her feet, and unleashes her right. It’s a very wild swing that I easily duck. The momentum has her entirely off balance as she stumbled with her hands down.   The young woman is entirely defenseless against my right hook. This time, I need to make it count for good.

It does. My fist finds the angle of Destiny’s jaw. She is unconscious before she hits the canvas. The asshole referee counts to ten anyway instead of getting her the help she needs. I’m feeling lightheaded, dizzy and stiff myself. I know the pain will get worse when the adrenalin levels fall. They raise my hand and announce my name. I wobble to my corner where I’m hugged by my trainers. I watch them revive Destiny. I refuse to look at Billy. “Let’s get the fuck out of here,” I tell my cornermen.

Freddie, Hector, and Tom help me back to the dressing room. I’m not in a celebratory mood but they tell me I did a great job for a first boxing match. Kelli and Jake stop by briefly to offer their congratulations before they all head back out to the arena, leaving me alone to wash up.

“Oh Kiva, don’t forget this,” Hector reminds me as he hands back my necklace.

For several minutes I sit alone and stare. My body feels like it was run over by a train and I know it will get worse. My face is swollen and bruised. Two days off work won’t be enough. As the nurse manager, I can relegate myself from patient care to administrative work for awhile. Finally, I wash and dress. As I pack up my gear, my cell phone pings a new message. It’s one of my nurse colleagues. Elena has taken a turn for the worse and is back on the ventilator. Her bone marrow biopsy revealed her leukemia has returned.

I pick up the necklace and the card that came with it. It was given to me by Elena’s mom on her behalf at the elevator. As hospital employees, we’re not permitted to accept personal gifts from patients. I can’t imagine an act more cruel than returning it. I reread the card.

“Kiva,
To an amazing nurse and awesome bitch.
Thanks for everything.
Hugs and scratches,
Elena”

I stop and stare at the walls several more minutes, too exhausted to cry. Finally, I pick up my gear and leave the room. I pass another dressing room with the door open. Destiny’s mother is holding an ice pack wrapped in gauze over her daughter’s forehead.

“Destiny,” I offer, “you know I’m a nurse, right? I think you’re going to need some sutures.”

“Fuck you and get lost,” she squeals.

“Look, I’m afraid, you’ll be left with a scar. I know people in the ER. They do good work and I can pull strings to get you fast tracked.”

“You heard her, nurse,” the mom belches. “Fuck off.” I leave them to their choices.

The crowd noise has intensified into a frenzy over the past few minutes. Down the hallway, I see a darkened shape against the bright lights of the arena heading in my direction to the dressing room. The shape takes the silhouette of a woman’s body. As she moves further from the bright lights and into the dressing room hallway, more details emerge. It’s a woman walking, her head low, her shoulders slumped as if in shame. She’s...nude....and she has red hair. The main event must be over. It’s the loser’s walk of shame. I approach her...to see that it’s...Patricia.

I go to meet her. The face that’s usually in control and self confident is forlorn and barren of dignity. The fair skinned body is ravaged with red marks, scratches and bruises. The enhanced breasts show signs of abuse. Her ginger hair is a wreck. She looks like she’s been struggling to hold back tears. Away from the leering crowd, she stops as we come face to face. We are joined by her daughter Gina. I can’t find any words. Anything would seem shallow. Sometimes it’s best not to say anything, a friendly presence is enough.

“Mom almost had her,” Gina explains. “It’s a very heartbreaking loss.”

The three of us hug. Patricia stops repressing her emotions and erupts into a flood of tears. Gina does the same...And I follow.

If my medical career has taught me anything, it’s that life is unpredictable. Pain and misery come to every living creature at some point. Some people, like Destiny and Tori, create their own unhappiness by bad decisions. Some people try to create their own destiny, but fail. Some try honestly, like Patricia, others dishonestly, like Billy. And some, like Elena suffer misfortune through no fault of their own. The best we can do is realize life is short and strive for the common good of ourselves and each other. Then, as Hamlet pointed out, “the rest is silence.”

As Tom and I cross the parking lot, a woman’s voice calls out.

“”Hey nurse, how long are you going to keep ducking me. When are you and I going to have our date with destiny?”

Someday soon, Paige. Someday soon.

Acknowledgment: The characters of Destiny, Billy, Patricia, Gina, Jolene, Paige and of course Kelli and Jake were created by FyreCracka and appear in various chapters of Fyre’s Fight Journal.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 12:46:24 AM by Kiva »

Offline FyreCracka

• God Member
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2021, 10:43:35 PM »
I think chapter 7 is phenomenal. It's pretty much everything that I love about your stories all in one chapter. Every paragraph had purpose and was advancing one of the various themes or stories that was going on, weaving it into a thoughtful, dramatic, exciting wonderful overall tale. You are a true gift to this site.

-Kelli

Offline h_k

• God Member
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2021, 02:09:43 PM »
And you really didn't say "told you so" to Tori? Scout's honour? You're a saint!
Wonderful in the all the ways your stories always are - moving and thought-provoking one moment, funny the next, and packed with excitement, vivid descriptions and suspense. I hope Elena pulls through - there's a chance, isn't there?
I loved both fights here and I'm delighted both my heroines won but must confess I have a soft spot for cocky. I hope Tori wins her next fight. Destiny I have less time for. Glad you thrashed her!
And can't wait for you and Paige …