News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Trial match

• 3 Replies

Offline Mikebt

• God Member
Trial match
« on: April 18, 2021, 02:33:10 AM »
The only experience Summer had is our very short trial match in which I had with her not too long before this match. Basically the trial match is for me to evaluate the potential recruits strength, desire, stamina and overall ability in a fast paced match or what I call a "what if" match.

For instance "if I slap you like this or yank your hair like this, how are you going to respond". If you go into the fetal position and start crying then you need to find something else to do with your free time. Well, Summer after taking a slap from me came at me with a lot of controlled aggression and didn't fall apart when I grabbed a handful of her hair and so on.
This was in the description from one of Catfight Haven's videos. Has anyone here been in a trial match and do studios still do this?

Offline bayguy

Re: Trial match
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 06:53:03 AM »
I certainly cannot speak for all studios but I have been involved with one or two companies over my lifetime and while you may not call it a trial match essentially that is what it is....In terms of cost unless the individual is local, there normally is some sort of a travel fee, food, lodging ..So it is important To a company that when you have expended the money  you know that there will actually be a  match to be sold to the public. There are some individuals that will just simply say yes, I can do it and unfortunately when it got to the actual act of having a match, they failed miserably.... not only a disappointment to the other competitor who showed up prepared to do a match but if another couple had spent money to come up so that they could do the match only to have “your individual “decide not to do the match they were out serious cash on a promise.....one of the ways to protect yourself against this is to have the individual come in and do a short match say five minutes or so....Making sure to have a more experienced person match against them and depending upon what the rules you are using making sure that all the aspects of the rules are tried in the short five minute test...You pay the novice a  nominal fee and you pay them more experienced person a little bit more....If things went well you paid the novice for a regular match rate Later in the day after giving her a few pointers, going over the rules etc......
   I cannot tell you how often people that looked like they would be excellent turned out to either not have the guts to do it or were genuinely afraid of getting hurt and would quit very early. Best case in point I can think of was many years ago JJ found a tall, thick,  blonde woman (pretty) that worked in a bar and supposedly had many fights under her belt...He brought her over with several other women to have training sessions-whenever it came her time to do anything she always had a back injury,  a strain,  something going on that  kept her from practicing....In talking to her you could hear she was a heavy smoker and when I first met her I was concerned about her stamina.....The owner of fighting Wildcats had brought in several women to do matches with some of JJ’s girls...The night before we were setting up match plans, trying  to decide which matchups would give the customer the best product...Luckily the tall blonde was around so I simply asked her to go one quick round against Ellen ...Oh most thought this was a crazy matchup because the blonde was taller/stronger etc. but Ellen was game And I appreciated the fact that she went through with it. As it turns out within 2 1/2 minutes of starting the match the blonde was gasping for air and kept turning her back to Ellen  -3 1/2 minutes in Ellen  was in total control of the match....The next day the blonde was a no-show she basically had soaked JJ for training money done nothing and then disappeared...
  Currently  guys such as Suitefights etc. hire quality woman with a reputation for fighting and they produce an amazing product....In the early days people like Ellen, fighting nurse, Jen and Marie were just becoming known, In many cases it was truly amateur against amateur ...So if you were picking up the tab you might’ve had a small training match or training session just to make sure the individual could do it

Offline RippinRobin

• God Member
  • Rip That Hair Out!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 05:16:06 PM »
Catfight Haven still does trial matches.
I can be nice and I can be hella BITCH...you choose!

Offline MaskedBunny

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 09:23:19 PM »
Academy used to do similar stuff, or at least training. There was at least one video of this released on the Clips4sale of one of their girls who did the training. They also had a girl who was watching her friend, come out and wrestle the winner a bit. She was the girl who was in the training video and then was in a full video. WIsh they'd release more of their training videos.