News:

COMMERCIAL SITES: Please note - if WANT A BANNER LINK? displayed on this site, please contact FEMMEFIGHT

bjj weight classes

• 4 Replies

Offline cooper4

• God Member
  • What is life, without the dance
bjj weight classes
« on: July 25, 2021, 04:31:07 PM »

I know several of the women who wrestle, for Italian women's wrestling compete, in women's bjj matches.  I was wondering if some of you guy's enjoy watching women bjj matches.   The weird thing to me, is the weight classes, some girls end up wrestling a girl, who is a lot bigger than she is...knowing a choke hold, anklelock, or armbar can end the match, if the smaller girl is able to get it

Still, in most cases, the smaller girl ends up getting woman handled, and submitted, if her skill level isn't a lot higher than the bigger girl.  Also, I know size doesn't matter once things, go too the ground, however, the bigger girl usual, still has the strength advantage.
Cat fights, wrestling, grappling

Offline Mikebt

• God Member
Re: bjj weight classes
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 01:57:30 AM »
It depends on how well trained the fighter is. I would put up Veve Lane up against any fighter no matter the size, I think she has expert defensive BJJ skills that can get out of any move no matter the size of her opponent. The same could be said about Kathy Griffin from the UK back in the day. She literally could wrap around you like a snake and was so quick that by the time you try to put a move on her, she was out and putting a move back on you. The only fighters they would have trouble with is someone like Dominique Danger (the only fighter to defeat Helen Von Mott on video) who is equally skilled at BJJ and is also a body builder. BJJ black belt plus body builder = unstoppable force.

As far size doesn't matter, go ahead an watch Petra vs Lonnie and see how size can matter. Lonnie was trained at Virago by HVM and was at least a BJJ purple belt. She wrestled Luzia (who was one of their top fighters) at DWW and absolutely schooled her. Then she wrestled Petra (who probably had 40lbs on her) and got smothered. Once Petra got on top of her, she was done. Lonnie tried to spin out and do everything in her power, but there was no way out. So it can go both ways, it just all depends on how skilled the fighter truly is.

Offline cooper4

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 07:55:03 PM »
Yes, you are correct, some of the marches, you mentioned I will go back and watch

Another  skilled grappler I use to watch was Josephine of Virago, she had a great match with Ziggy.

Helen von Mott vs Bunny Glamazon, was another match that seemed to favor the bigger girl, but she ended up getting dominated.  Because Helen had more experience

Offline Mikebt

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 02:37:25 AM »
Another  skilled grappler I use to watch was Josephine of Virago, she had a great match with Ziggy.
Yes, I remember that. Ziggy and Josephine were drenched in sweat after that match. They wrestled for almost an hour, Helen said that was the best female competitive match she had ever recorded. Josephine also had the best triangle choke in those days. I remember when she wrestled Tatjana from DWW at the 99 Women's Wrestling Convention and that was a memorable match because of the clash between two different styles. She also wasn't a BJJ expert yet so Tatjana could actually compete with her kickboxing/freestyle wrestling moves. Stephanie Moon was the only one I can remember that fought one of the BSA girls (Svetlana Kr) in a real martial arts match. That was very rare back in that era when female MMA was basically non-existent.

Here's a shot of Jospehine and HVM.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 02:40:48 AM by Mikebt »

Offline cooper4

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2021, 07:12:40 PM »

I have one of Xana matches[who use to wrestle for Amazon Production], in which she was in a Bjj tournament and dominated her opponent.  I always thought Amazon Productions, only had fantasy matches