News:

COMMERCIAL SITES: Please note - if WANT A BANNER LINK? displayed on this site, please contact FEMMEFIGHT

Devastating Week in Sports

• 1 Replies

Offline sinclairfan

• God Member
Devastating Week in Sports
« on: January 15, 2022, 11:43:51 AM »
<1> Chris Evert diagnosed with ovarian cancer at 67.

For those of us who followed sports 1972-1986, fantasies of Chrissy vs Evonne Goolagong or Sue Barker or Tracy Austin were constant.  And it's well-documented that Chrissy vs Martina (Navratilova) is one of the most complex psychdramatic rivalries in the history of women's (or men's) athletics.

<2> Olympic boxing discontinued

For some reason, CTE from slow, constant head trauma is unacceptable, but placing your opponent in an armbar and separating her elbow as she soils herself on the mat is empowering.

Offline Kiva

• God Member
  • Critical Care RN
Re: Devastating Week in Sports
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 01:27:49 PM »
Ovarian cancer is one of the worst cancers. In most cases, the disease is advanced at the time of diagnosis when it’s too late to be surgically cured. The effects of chemotherapy are usually modest and with toxic side effects. The good news for Chris Evert is that her cancer is Stage IC, still early. She has a good chance for long term survival or cure.

I’d like to comment on fighters defecating on the mat but I don’t believe I’m qualified for that topic.
Don’t bother walking a mile in my shoes. That would be boring. Spend thirty seconds in my head. That’ll freak you right out.