News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

Suitefights submission holds ruin catfights?

• 18 Replies

Offline deity17313

• God Member
Suitefights submission holds ruin catfights?
« on: June 27, 2022, 08:07:38 AM »
Just a thought i had. Think Vika using the headlocks shortened the fight with Sunni. And any future talent using locks would ruin the theme of the catfights and make fights end faster than they should. Both Bella and Vika used headlocks and Bella used a scissorhold which i think was strange and should not be allowed in future catfights for SF so the viewer gets a more catfight themed product. I would much rather have a hair pull submission than a submission hold. IMHO.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 08:09:48 AM by deity17313 »
Ddot

Offline gmenn

• God Member
  • I love catfights and stockinged feet (RHT and FF)
Re: Suitefights submission holds ruin catfights?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 10:37:23 AM »
Just a thought i had. Think Vika using the headlocks shortened the fight with Sunni. And any future talent using locks would ruin the theme of the catfights and make fights end faster than they should. Both Bella and Vika used headlocks and Bella used a scissorhold which i think was strange and should not be allowed in future catfights for SF so the viewer gets a more catfight themed product. I would much rather have a hair pull submission than a submission hold. IMHO.

Totally agree with you. Wrestling grabs ruin a catfight. Catfights are based on a natural combat style (mainly hairpulling).

Offline pingpong

• God Member
  • Non scripted catfight fan and follower
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 01:46:47 PM »
For me, wrestling holds takes away the essence of a true catfight. It slows down the action and tends to dampen the essence which most fans want/expect. Hairpulling, body punches, breast/pussy grabbing and slapping are what catfights are all about. Most of all, these tactics sell. Suitefights should break the ladies uo when wrestling holds are utilize and restart. Also like to add that it should be clear up front the ladies came to fight and go all out to win withiin the rules agreed upon. In the Miss Bella vs Zamra match, it appeared Zamra was not anxious to mix it up with Miss Bella and the catfight was lackluster. Should have restarted and get the ladies to pick uo the pace and go at it 100%.
Vika vs Sunni was a hell of lot more compeitive.

a

Offline CoffeeMug

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2022, 07:43:53 PM »
Not that SF is the NFL or anything, but it's going to be pretty tough to police the difference between "wrestling hold" and "grabbing hold of someone."

Offline Keith Stat

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2022, 11:01:08 PM »
Not that SF is the NFL or anything, but it's going to be pretty tough to police the difference between "wrestling hold" and "grabbing hold of someone."

This is pretty much where I'm at. I think many things were allowed in the rules that just weren't utilized in the fight for whatever reason. Saying that, "forcing" them to use those tactics also messes with the fight. Fights, and ESPECIALLY catfights between amateur models, are going to be unpredictable as all hell. That's just the way it's going to be forever. The unpredictability is simultaneously one of the biggest appeals in a catfight and the biggest hurdle. You literally just have to hope for the best, but any "fakeness" instantly ruins the fight for me.

I'm not totally against wrestling maneuvers in a catfight, but it's pretty integral that catfighting techniques also be allowed in that fight as well. I mentioned this in another thread, but especially in Vika/Sunni, there were MANY opportunities for a well-placed face slap or body punch to completely neutralize a wrestling hold. There were some slaps in that fight, so I'm pretty sure they were allowed, but they just weren't used for whatever reason. Like I said, catfights are unpredictable! You just gotta let them settle it within the rules they agreed upon. If they use it or not, that's up to them, but it certainly could have turned the tide in this fight!

I will say one of the reasons why Jess and Mira were two my favorite catfighters ever is that no matter how many fights they had, neither of them ever developed any technique. I loved that! They just went at it, mostly to their own detriment, but weren't worried about some BJJ hold. I'll take that attitude of a catfighter 10/10 times over someone who can execute a perfect MMA hold. Saying that, that doesn't make it "right," that's just my opinion. The more amateur, the better.

Also, while I in theory agree with the premise of this thread, I feel like its selling Vika/Sunni short. This is a great intense marathon match with plenty of hairpulling. EASY recommendation. Sunni looks to be a lot of fun and Vika continues to be a star, as these two fight to exhaustion in a competitive match.

One more thing, can we please chill on the spoilers for fights that haven't been fully released yet? Please feel free to give honest reviews, but it's not necessary to give away the winner of the fight. I wasn't around when this initially went on sale for sponsorships and I clicked on a thread and the result was just flatly mentioned. Please keep talking and giving honest feedback, but just be more respectful for those who haven't purchased yet or the producers that are selling the fights.

Offline deity17313

• God Member
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2022, 06:12:17 AM »

This is pretty much where I'm at. I think many things were allowed in the rules that just weren't utilized in the fight for whatever reason. Saying that, "forcing" them to use those tactics also messes with the fight. Fights, and ESPECIALLY catfights between amateur models, are going to be unpredictable as all hell. That's just the way it's going to be forever. The unpredictability is simultaneously one of the biggest appeals in a catfight and the biggest hurdle. You literally just have to hope for the best, but any "fakeness" instantly ruins the fight for me.

I'm not totally against wrestling maneuvers in a catfight, but it's pretty integral that catfighting techniques also be allowed in that fight as well. I mentioned this in another thread, but especially in Vika/Sunni, there were MANY opportunities for a well-placed face slap or body punch to completely neutralize a wrestling hold. There were some slaps in that fight, so I'm pretty sure they were allowed, but they just weren't used for whatever reason. Like I said, catfights are unpredictable! You just gotta let them settle it within the rules they agreed upon. If they use it or not, that's up to them, but it certainly could have turned the tide in this fight!

I will say one of the reasons why Jess and Mira were two my favorite catfighters ever is that no matter how many fights they had, neither of them ever developed any technique. I loved that! They just went at it, mostly to their own detriment, but weren't worried about some BJJ hold. I'll take that attitude of a catfighter 10/10 times over someone who can execute a perfect MMA hold. Saying that, that doesn't make it "right," that's just my opinion. The more amateur, the better.

Also, while I in theory agree with the premise of this thread, I feel like its selling Vika/Sunni short. This is a great intense marathon match with plenty of hairpulling. EASY recommendation. Sunni looks to be a lot of fun and Vika continues to be a star, as these two fight to exhaustion in a competitive match.

One more thing, can we please chill on the spoilers for fights that haven't been fully released yet? Please feel free to give honest reviews, but it's not necessary to give away the winner of the fight. I wasn't around when this initially went on sale for sponsorships and I clicked on a thread and the result was just flatly mentioned. Please keep talking and giving honest feedback, but just be more respectful for those who haven't purchased yet or the producers that are selling the fights.
People have rules for fights like kickboxing or muay Thai, or other martial arts that gets the fight in a certain direction for the viewer. Also nothing wrong in fans giving feedback for fights they've spent their hard earned money on. None of what I said were spoliers btw. You don't have to read it anyway. And although I somewhat enjoyed the Vika fight, wish she didn't smile so much and was more serious during the catfight.
And ps hope Suitefights can get the talent and find  the fight setups that were instant classics in the past. Fights like Jess vs Mira, Jacky vs Misty, Jess vs Jemma, Sarah vs Lexi. Jemma vs Lexi, were awesome.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 06:14:02 AM by deity17313 »
Ddot

Offline shesfinished

• God Member
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2022, 06:34:47 AM »
I must have missed any spoiler posts. Cannot recall any mention of who won and how prior to their release.

Offline Keith Stat

• God Member
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2022, 07:47:38 AM »
People have rules for fights like kickboxing or muay Thai, or other martial arts that gets the fight in a certain direction for the viewer. Also nothing wrong in fans giving feedback for fights they've spent their hard earned money on. None of what I said were spoliers btw. You don't have to read it anyway. And although I somewhat enjoyed the Vika fight, wish she didn't smile so much and was more serious during the catfight.
And ps hope Suitefights can get the talent and find  the fight setups that were instant classics in the past. Fights like Jess vs Mira, Jacky vs Misty, Jess vs Jemma, Sarah vs Lexi. Jemma vs Lexi, were awesome.

I really don't know what to say here. First, there's basically zero to say they weren't fighting in the agreed upon rules. While you and I both wish some techniques were used, it's not something that can be forced without interfering in the fight. Second, you're comparing professionally trained athletes and referees in sanctioned events to an amateur fetish catfight film. Suitefights is literally a guy holding a camera, while simultaneously refereeing an amateur catfight between models, while juggling a million other tasks.

And come the fuck on with your other comment. Did you see what you wrote in the Zamra/Bella thread literally hours after it was on sale? My reading comprehension skills aren't best in class, but it was crystal clear who you were upset with and what happened in the fight. There's just more polite ways to talk about something that hasn't been released for general sale and that even the vast majority of people who sponsored the fight hadn't watched yet. You can do and post whatever you want, but it annoyed me when I pressed play on Zamra/Bella and I basically knew what was going to happen.

As I said in my earlier post, put your reviews out there. Totally fine to say you were disappointed and you don't need to sugarcoat anything. But acting like I don't need to "read" your posts is fucking lame. You're posting them on a public message board on a topic for a fight that's only available to sponsors at the moment. Reading posts on a message board is literally the point of a message board. I was checking the thread before purchasing just to doublecheck that there weren't any technical issues or glaring red flags before buying the sponsorship. Just asking for all to be more considerate when putting specific details out about something before most have had the opportunity to see it, it's certainly encouraged to talk about it in more general terms.

And about your last comment, I bet no one wants to put out a winner more than Suitefights does. A "classic" catfight is a god damn miracle. There's a million possible things that can go wrong when you're flying models across the country who are complete amateurs to try to fight one another into submission. Often times, one of those million different things do go wrong. It just rubs me the wrong way when through no fault of the producer, people can be nitpicky over issues that the producer literally has no control over. They're assuming all of the risk, and providing such a niche product, at such absurdly high quality (actual fights between models, in 4k, multiple camera angles, etc.). If the producer is fucking up or lying about something, have at it and let everyone know, but most often if any issues come up, it's not in the producers control. I don't want people to "blindly" support something, but if you noticed, there isn't exactly an abundance of producers filming catfights in 4k with models slapping and fighting one another.

Also, we've had some GREAT fights in the last year. Vika vs Carmilla is literally one of my favorites of all-time. Sarah vs Lora was outstanding. Alexa vs Vika was short and sweet (similar to Lexi/Sarah). Emma vs Angel was hopefully the start of a rivalry. And finally, Vika vs Sunni was terrific, in my opinion. Every fighter you mentioned has likely retired from catfighting besides Sarah. Just hope you're able to appreciate the good ones happening now rather than just focusing on the past.

Offline deity17313

• God Member
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2022, 11:22:55 AM »

I really don't know what to say here. First, there's basically zero to say they weren't fighting in the agreed upon rules. While you and I both wish some techniques were used, it's not something that can be forced without interfering in the fight. Second, you're comparing professionally trained athletes and referees in sanctioned events to an amateur fetish catfight film. Suitefights is literally a guy holding a camera, while simultaneously refereeing an amateur catfight between models, while juggling a million other tasks.

And come the fuck on with your other comment. Did you see what you wrote in the Zamra/Bella thread literally hours after it was on sale? My reading comprehension skills aren't best in class, but it was crystal clear who you were upset with and what happened in the fight. There's just more polite ways to talk about something that hasn't been released for general sale and that even the vast majority of people who sponsored the fight hadn't watched yet. You can do and post whatever you want, but it annoyed me when I pressed play on Zamra/Bella and I basically knew what was going to happen.

As I said in my earlier post, put your reviews out there. Totally fine to say you were disappointed and you don't need to sugarcoat anything. But acting like I don't need to "read" your posts is fucking lame. You're posting them on a public message board on a topic for a fight that's only available to sponsors at the moment. Reading posts on a message board is literally the point of a message board. I was checking the thread before purchasing just to doublecheck that there weren't any technical issues or glaring red flags before buying the sponsorship. Just asking for all to be more considerate when putting specific details out about something before most have had the opportunity to see it, it's certainly encouraged to talk about it in more general terms.

And about your last comment, I bet no one wants to put out a winner more than Suitefights does. A "classic" catfight is a god damn miracle. There's a million possible things that can go wrong when you're flying models across the country who are complete amateurs to try to fight one another into submission. Often times, one of those million different things do go wrong. It just rubs me the wrong way when through no fault of the producer, people can be nitpicky over issues that the producer literally has no control over. They're assuming all of the risk, and providing such a niche product, at such absurdly high quality (actual fights between models, in 4k, multiple camera angles, etc.). If the producer is fucking up or lying about something, have at it and let everyone know, but most often if any issues come up, it's not in the producers control. I don't want people to "blindly" support something, but if you noticed, there isn't exactly an abundance of producers filming catfights in 4k with models slapping and fighting one another.

Also, we've had some GREAT fights in the last year. Vika vs Carmilla is literally one of my favorites of all-time. Sarah vs Lora was outstanding. Alexa vs Vika was short and sweet (similar to Lexi/Sarah). Emma vs Angel was hopefully the start of a rivalry. And finally, Vika vs Sunni was terrific, in my opinion. Every fighter you mentioned has likely retired from catfighting besides Sarah. Just hope you're able to appreciate the good ones happening now rather than just focusing on the past.
You still don't have to read all posts. It's a public message board on a given topic. You can be pissed all you want but that's part of the internet. You reading through that is not on me but you. And yeah some of the fights you mentioned were okay but nowhere near the levels of the earlier fights. Although Steve is the best in the business, there's nothing wrong with adding constructive criticism. Emma vs Angel and Vika vs Sunni ended too quick in my opinion and Alexa vs Vika didn't have anywhere near the fireworks of the Sarah vs Lexi fight. Think the best addition in recent years was Vika vs Carmilla and Sarah vs Lora but apart from that. You can be mad all you want but there's nothing wrong with fans reviewing and trying to get a better product. I still think Suitefights produces some of the best in the industry and is a leader in the field but when there was a golden era, of course people are gonna want to try to get that magic again. You fighting against that notion is counterproductive in the long run because as they say, iron sharpens iron.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 05:18:31 PM by deity17313 »
Ddot

Offline pinner45

• God Member
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2022, 03:22:10 PM »
Curious about the actual fight time in the Vika/Sunni match. How long was it?
Thanks

Offline CoffeeMug

• God Member
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2022, 05:46:02 PM »

Yes, and I'm sure SF already has rules (no small joint locks, e.g., breaking fingers; no closed hand strikes to the face). But how are you going to police "I want you to roll around on the ground and struggle with each other but you're not allowed to put your arm around the opponent's head"? The thing you want and the thing you don't want are too similar to each other, esp. considering the amount of financial support we're talking about.

Offline shesfinished

• God Member
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2022, 12:11:17 AM »
Wrestling holds in Suitefights are going to happen. I can see headlocks , body/head scissors being allowed, but not leg/arm locks, face attacks joint bending as those could cause injury as this is what no one would like to see. What makes Suitefights the premiere cat fighting venue is the uncertainty of the tactics the ladies employ and how they retaliate to gain the upper hand. Newcomers who participate with no prior catfighting experience will try to their best to win and use attacks that are within the rules or they would not have agreed to fight. I personally rather see a submission as a result of a catfight move ie. breast smother/grab, crotch attack and slapping vs a wrestling move. This IMHO tends to be a more exciting finish.

Offline Keith Stat

• God Member
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2022, 03:54:36 AM »
You still don't have to read all posts. It's a public message board on a given topic. You can be pissed all you want but that's part of the internet. You reading through that is not on me but you. And yeah some of the fights you mentioned were okay but nowhere near the levels of the earlier fights. Although Steve is the best in the business, there's nothing wrong with adding constructive criticism. Emma vs Angel and Vika vs Sunni ended too quick in my opinion and Alexa vs Vika didn't have anywhere near the fireworks of the Sarah vs Lexi fight. Think the best addition in recent years was Vika vs Carmilla and Sarah vs Lora but apart from that. You can be mad all you want but there's nothing wrong with fans reviewing and trying to get a better product. I still think Suitefights produces some of the best in the industry and is a leader in the field but when there was a golden era, of course people are gonna want to try to get that magic again. You fighting against that notion is counterproductive in the long run because as they say, iron sharpens iron.

Alright, whatever. I maintain that it's shitty to put out a "review" that heavily implies who won the fight before the vast majority have purchased it. There's nothing wrong with being honest with your thoughts, I encourage that, but I think it's respectful to others and easy to do to get your point across without going into specific details. But obviously you're going to keep doing your thing, so no point in discussing it with you anymore and I'll just avoid this community during certain times.

On the other hand, Vika vs Sunni ended too early for you?! I just looked it up, the fight starts at 7:20 into the video and ends with a submission at 31:20. I just don't know how to respond to that. That's a solid 24 minutes of almost constant fighting! There's also multiple submissions. Both are obviously completely exhausted at the end of the fight. For the guy asking, the entire video is 34:54.

Emma vs Angel there were obvious health issues. I just don't know what to say if you don't respect that health and safety of the fighters is of the utmost importance. The situation was unfortunate, but obviously the correct call was made. Easy to say you want them to "keep fighting" when you have zero risk or involvement in putting these fights together. I still enjoyed the brief fight for what it was, and hopefully it's the start of a rivalry. Also, really didn't want to see puke in a catfight video!

As I mentioned earlier, every "classic" catfight is a god damn miracle. There's a million ways it all could go wrong, and it often does, so it's great to be appreciative of the classics from the past. But as you said, you have three fights from the past 8 months that you enjoy. That's a VERY good run in of itself. I'd also personally throw a couple more highlights up there from recent months, but it's fine to disagree with that.

You just can't "make" golden eras happen. The best you can do is produce an honest product and try your damndest to put as many fights out there as possible in the hope that you hit the jackpot and you find a new star or a rivalry is organically developed. It's certainly not for a lack of effort in that regard.

Offline deity17313

• God Member
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2022, 06:31:26 AM »

Alright, whatever. I maintain that it's shitty to put out a "review" that heavily implies who won the fight before the vast majority have purchased it. There's nothing wrong with being honest with your thoughts, I encourage that, but I think it's respectful to others and easy to do to get your point across without going into specific details. But obviously you're going to keep doing your thing, so no point in discussing it with you anymore and I'll just avoid this community during certain times.

On the other hand, Vika vs Sunni ended too early for you?! I just looked it up, the fight starts at 7:20 into the video and ends with a submission at 31:20. I just don't know how to respond to that. That's a solid 24 minutes of almost constant fighting! There's also multiple submissions. Both are obviously completely exhausted at the end of the fight. For the guy asking, the entire video is 34:54.

Emma vs Angel there were obvious health issues. I just don't know what to say if you don't respect that health and safety of the fighters is of the utmost importance. The situation was unfortunate, but obviously the correct call was made. Easy to say you want them to "keep fighting" when you have zero risk or involvement in putting these fights together. I still enjoyed the brief fight for what it was, and hopefully it's the start of a rivalry. Also, really didn't want to see puke in a catfight video!

As I mentioned earlier, every "classic" catfight is a god damn miracle. There's a million ways it all could go wrong, and it often does, so it's great to be appreciative of the classics from the past. But as you said, you have three fights from the past 8 months that you enjoy. That's a VERY good run in of itself. I'd also personally throw a couple more highlights up there from recent months, but it's fine to disagree with that.

You just can't "make" golden eras happen. The best you can do is produce an honest product and try your damndest to put as many fights out there as possible in the hope that you hit the jackpot and you find a new star or a rivalry is organically developed. It's certainly not for a lack of effort in that regard.
I didn't announce the winner and loser. Your
over exaggerating. And did I ever say that I wanted to force Emma and Angel to continue the fight?! No I just said that it was short. And me being against the health and safety? Stop putting words in other people's mouths to try to get your autistic points accross. Safety is a important  part of any sport  that I completely understand.  And shit happens. I get that. They shouldn't have taken those energy powders. But it was too short. That's the end product no matter how you try to sugarcoat it. Which is the product that people will buy with their hard earned money, watch, and review.

And the Vika vs Sunni catfight felt inconclusive. The length wasn't the issue. Just compared to other catfights something was missing. Maybe it was Vika and her passive aggressive attitude and laughing that made Sunni go less full throttle. Idk. Something was off that made it feel complete like the Sarah vs Lora fight for comparison. Or even Jess vs Rosie which was shorter but felt a lot more like a full catfight.  That's just my opinion. And fans have the right to talk about the goods and the bads of any release in the entertainment space.
Ddot

Offline Keith Stat

• God Member
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2022, 06:56:10 PM »
I didn't announce the winner and loser. Your
over exaggerating. And did I ever say that I wanted to force Emma and Angel to continue the fight?! No I just said that it was short. And me being against the health and safety? Stop putting words in other people's mouths to try to get your autistic points accross. Safety is a important  part of any sport  that I completely understand.  And shit happens. I get that. They shouldn't have taken those energy powders. But it was too short. That's the end product no matter how you try to sugarcoat it. Which is the product that people will buy with their hard earned money, watch, and review.

And the Vika vs Sunni catfight felt inconclusive. The length wasn't the issue. Just compared to other catfights something was missing. Maybe it was Vika and her passive aggressive attitude and laughing that made Sunni go less full throttle. Idk. Something was off that made it feel complete like the Sarah vs Lora fight for comparison. Or even Jess vs Rosie which was shorter but felt a lot more like a full catfight.  That's just my opinion. And fans have the right to talk about the goods and the bads of any release in the entertainment space.

Alright, I can see I'm interacting with a mature person here with you just throwing out slurs.

This is literally your quote:

"Emma vs Angel and Vika vs Sunni ended too quick in my opinion"

What is the point are you trying to make by saying that? If you're saying you care about health and safety, but are simultaneously saying a fight ended "too quick" or it was "too short," that's speaking out of both sides of your mouth. A health issue arose and it was appropriately stopped. Nobody wanted that, but that's just how it goes. Suitefights said the circumstances of the fight on the order page, it literally says this:
"NOTE: one of the fighters fell ill during the match and could not compete at 100%. This resulted in a match that was shorter than desired. Therefore, we have lowered the price accordingly."

If you say, "shit happens. I get that," but then say the fight should have been longer. Then you don't "get that." Shit happened!  Plans were appropriately changed.

Regarding spoilers, this was your quote. I'm redacting some names here (you didn't do that):

"(Fighter 1) was fkn terrible. No heart at all, felt like i was watching a flopping frog, and with this being her second fight in a row just laying there. Feel bad for Steve and (fighter 2) for this one"

If you don't think that HEAVILY implies the winner of the fight here, then I just don't know what to say. I'm certainly not a genius, but I was able to "crack" your code and I knew exactly who had won the fight before pressing play. I think it's lousy to say something that specific before 99% of the potential audience has bought the fight. Just to be very clear, saying the fight was disappointing or bad or whatever is perfectly fine, but there's very easy ways to get that point across without going into specific details.

About Vika vs. Sunni, your opinion is obviously fine. I just respectfully disagree with almost all of it (I, too, wish it was more catfight-y). I just think your expectations are completely out of whack if a solid 24-minute fight with no round breaks (besides after a submission) that has multiple submissions and both are completely exhausted at the end isn't conclusive. I felt pretty positive one bested the other (the fight was very competitive throughout), and I'd very much like to see them meet a different time, when both are fresh, and let that rivalry simmer and go at it again.