News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Hotline Miami Part One: Tutorial

• 0 Replies

Offline TheInquisitor

Hotline Miami Part One: Tutorial
« on: May 20, 2017, 08:23:23 AM »
Just an idea I had while hanging out on a Friday night listening to Spotify when a song from Hotline Miami came on. I'll try to get a new 'level' out pretty quickly, hopefully at least one other person here enjoys the reference.

--------------

Jacket stood in the dark alleyway, her surroundings blurred. How had she gotten there? Everything seemed distorted, hazy. She could hardly make out the outlines of the dumpster lining either side of the small pathway. Then she realized she was wearing a...mask? Reaching up to touch it, she froze as she heard a voice.

“I'm here to tell you how to beat people.” It said simply

Turning to look at the owner of the sickly voice she saw what must be a homeless person. The owner of the voice wore a dirty brown beanie, and she looked as if she had only heard of a shower. Being homeless this made sense. The woman spoke up again, her yellowed teeth showing as she explained how things would work to Jacket, “This...heh...game you're playing will be controlled by your hands. Use them to make fists to punch. Aim for the face. Or tits. I don't care.” The homeless woman spat on the ground. “Once you've knocked someone out, make sure they stay down. Got it?” She spat out another loogie onto the ground.

The woman went silent as two more figures came into focus around Jacket, both clad in white, one blonde one brunette. Clenching her fists, Jacket moved purposefully towards the blonde on the left. The blonde backed away, but not quickly enough as Jacket's fist shot out and caught her in the jaw dropping her against the trash cans. A kick followed, putting the woman down on her back, out like a light. Turning on the brunette, Jacket shoved her into the wall, before clocking her with a left punch across the jaw, putting her out.

“Don't forget to look around for objects to use. They'll be faster and you're less likely to break something.”

A door appeared near the downed brunette, Jacket walking towards it, and opening it to find a bat inside. Picking it up, “Don't forget how to swing it, yeah?” her homeless instructor called after her. Stepping back out of the room, a redhead clad in white had appeared, so Jacket did the needful and wound up with the bat and clocked her right across the face, sending the redhead around in a 180 degree arc before she dropped to the floor.

“Oh and er, watch out for windows 'o course, they can see you through 'em.”

Turning her attention, Jacket saw the windows that the woman had been talking about, with motion behind them. A blonde, who looked like the one she had just knocked out came bursting forth from the doorway next to the windows, intent on attacking Jacket. Jacket sidestepped her, grabbing onto the back of her white jacket and giving it a yank, whirling her around to collide with a wall boobs first. The blonde howled before Jacket methodically grabbed the back of her head to slam her face first into the wall putting her out cold, as she slid to the ground.

“Heh that's all I got to teach ya for now” the homeless woman spat on the floor again, “Yer gonna have to learn the rest on your own. Not that you will, probably just gonna get yer ass kicked anyhow. Waste of my time.”

Janet shot bolt upright in her bead, drenched with sweat. The short haired brunette reached up and wiped at her forehead, panting and looking at the clock. 2:22am. It had been the same time three nights in a row. The same dream. The same voice. What the hell was going on? Slowly laying back down she stared up at the ceiling. Taking a deep breath, she tried to make sense of it all. What sense was there to make of it though? Just as her eyes slowly began to close again, the sound of a ringing phone pierced the silence of the night...