News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

BEST WRITERS ON THIS SITE...

• 66 Replies

Offline catfightlover40

• God Member
  • Life is like a boxing chocolate
Re: BEST WRITERS ON THIS SITE...
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2018, 02:23:37 AM »
I want to make sure something I mentioned didnt get missed.  It isnt the quick post of "great story" that moves a writer.  That helps to some extent because it shows the place is alive and interested.  What really fuels more is a post or a PM about the story.  What you saw in the fighter or the hold or the action.  What you think might happen if they fought again.  Or what might happen if this person fought some other character.  I know I can be equally guilty of failing this.  If you arent writing stories and you enjoy reading them etc. just take a few minutes to chat with the author via thread or PM.  If they dont respond much then leave them be lol.  You might find your comments or ideas or discussion sparks another story or a twist to a story.  I know I enjoy the stories that have a universe around them.  I think of the Scribbler, daswritersite, dradis, fyre, and others where you see characters appearing more than once or moving in an out of stories etc.  Thats just my like.  Im sure just as many like a one time only character and then enjoy the next one time only.  I have enjoyed some of those two.  My key is to engage the authors.  You might be surprised what it causes.  Even if you are just disagreeing with the outcome lol.  That might fuel the rematch story.  :)

My PMs can only come from buddies and admins, so I fall out of that circle of engagement of yours, but I do respond to criticism and suggestions in comments and on threads. You bring up a great point about where a story develops or rather should develop according to the writer and the commenter, which doesn't always align. The most commonly trodden route for a rematch is a sensual one, which is something I personally dislike. Not sensuality itself, but the routine exclusivity, in that it is assumed women just have a switch for being anything else, than heterosexual. Take for example Margot Robbie in The Wolf of Wall Street and Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman in Black Swan. It isn't the Dutch courage that couples these two cases, rather huge responsibility on the one hand, and battling nurture on the other. Despite being an actress, there are certain things to which they act like most of us and see it as an obstacle to be overcome. Having a simulated sex scene coming from a strict conservative background is hard. So, while writing a story, and the author wishes to entice it more, the easiest way is to make LGBTQ from the beginning, preferably not stereotypical ones and ideally with a distinctive personality.

For the sake of continuity, I'm fond of creating separate worlds with returning characters. I tend to write as if I'm watching a movie playing before my eyes, but there are times when they are not so fleshed out physically and/or personalitywise. Having repeated encounters gives the chance to make a character more memorable.

The other thing I have to take into account is that not everyone has as pristine intentions as you laid out here. There's a growing problem of a very toxic peer pressure that hassles its own members into attacking creators of any kind, leading to very actual real-world implications. More specifically, a sliver of the social media youth is being lead to believe that only the social media life is the real one and the offline one is a useless, so whatever happens here comes without attachments, which is obviously dangerous as that's exactly how people are groomed into a "sacred crusade" and then wind up believing Tom Hanks has a twisted pizza fetish. As the stories here largely fall into the category of sexual fetish, chances are not zero that readers come from all walks of life. I've no qualms with a story being more on the sensual, instinctive side, so long as the unspoken agreement is intact, that these are fantasies, not how to guidebooks as Mr. Cage liked to put it.
The  home of my multi-part work: https://www.patreon.com/powelltothepeople

DottiD

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2018, 04:45:09 AM »
AWC I agree with you to an extent, but if the same people can message you or a writer and critique or give suggestions why can't they tke the extra 1 minute to post that in a review or reply?, when you consider some stories that are a "series" or have a lot of chapters, or return characters so on, it can take a writer hours, a day a week or more, so as a common courtesy a simple  "hey maybe you can add....." shouldn't be a burden , if the people here want these stories shouldn't they show they appreciate it even a simple "Nice Job", as for how or what scene plays in a writers eye, all that does is develope the whats to come and how it gets there and adds the feel for it, but if a fan of a writer wants more a little feed back goes a long way more than in private, as for sexual fetish, or fantasy or any of that, its a give in anything people do behing closed doors or in their mind is not always a reality, so the internet only has a bearing on those who think if its on a web page its real, these same people fall into believing that Olivia Benson is really a ciop in NYC, no matter hpw you look at what style fight or meet characters go into the writer either does it as  entertainment or experience applied to that same entertainment , the reader is the one becoming enveloped in the scene and story, picturing the characters which make the it, the scene , the scenario, the emotions, the tensions, so on without any of that it is just balble and some like that obviously

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2018, 06:33:05 AM »
AWC I agree with you to an extent, but if the same people can message you or a writer and critique or give suggestions why can't they tke the extra 1 minute to post that in a review or reply?, when you consider some stories that are a "series" or have a lot of chapters, or return characters so on, it can take a writer hours, a day a week or more, so as a common courtesy a simple  "hey maybe you can add....." shouldn't be a burden , if the people here want these stories shouldn't they show they appreciate it even a simple "Nice Job", as for how or what scene plays in a writers eye, all that does is develope the whats to come and how it gets there and adds the feel for it, but if a fan of a writer wants more a little feed back goes a long way more than in private, as for sexual fetish, or fantasy or any of that, its a give in anything people do behing closed doors or in their mind is not always a reality, so the internet only has a bearing on those who think if its on a web page its real, these same people fall into believing that Olivia Benson is really a ciop in NYC, no matter hpw you look at what style fight or meet characters go into the writer either does it as  entertainment or experience applied to that same entertainment , the reader is the one becoming enveloped in the scene and story, picturing the characters which make the it, the scene , the scenario, the emotions, the tensions, so on without any of that it is just balble and some like that obviously

agree that you can do in public...just saying it can be public or private...just saying in public "awesome" is really not engaging the writer is the point....thats better than nothing at all but obviously a little more about what was awesome etc is great...

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2018, 08:49:49 AM »
yet another example with the publication of the latest match on the AWC website...hundreds of people looking and almost no response on the forum....

Offline Markus Wolf

• God Member
  • Welcome to the playground of ideas.
    • Rival's Rapture (not my site; I'm just featured on here!)
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2018, 08:52:21 AM »
Sigh. All too familiar!
Follow me on Twitter: @markuswolf09

Offline catfightlover40

• God Member
  • Life is like a boxing chocolate
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2018, 11:01:23 AM »
yet another example with the publication of the latest match on the AWC website...hundreds of people looking and almost no response on the forum....

Paradoxically the presence and existence of social media are mostly at fault. As the site is predominantly English, and presumably mostly white, participants come from well-established consumer societies where articles can be bought with a click, but without a need for a feedback. This conditioned behavior makes people forget, that they aren't actually a fetishist minority, but just another schmo at a large retailer.

P.S.: Then, of course, there's also the fact that due to sociocultural differences and available time, women are more prone to leave more insightful feedbacks, only its current form of supply and demand, they're not the target demographic.
The  home of my multi-part work: https://www.patreon.com/powelltothepeople

Offline reith19

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2018, 01:54:01 AM »
Crimsonrash has one of my favorite stories on the site. Harpua13 wrote several of my favorites. But as far as being both prolific and talented DottiD and Mr. Cage are probably my top two. Also Augur and Jon Grey have great stories but the BFS universe is so expansive I feel like I need a refresher course every time they put out a new one.

Also, luffy16 is great. Most of his stories aren’t my thing but he’s a very good writer.

Offline SexyNinja!

• God Member
  • yeah, so...blonde :o)
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2018, 06:18:24 AM »
Im not just saying this because they are on this thread or because they're good friends, but because I mean it...

Markus and AWC are two of the best in different ways.

Im very selective with who I write with and Ive never been disappointed by either of them. Both tasteful, creative, respectful, and intelligent. Ive had nothing but fun so I hope my participation in their stories and collaboration with them helps bring their work to a bigger audience and gives them the feedback they relish. It saddens me when it doesnt...is it asking a lot? They could easily have a Patreon, they are good enough, but they do this for free for the boards entertainment.

So if you have a favorite writer, support them! Constructive criticism, praise, whatever. Its he least we can do!
"The best compliment I can give or get is a rematch."

Offline beautifulsouth

• God Member
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2019, 10:33:41 AM »

This is a pretty good assessment. There are all kinds of writers here for many different flavors....and attention spans.  :)

Sure Lady FyreCracka, my flavor was repeatedly hit by your stories :) also my attention span was not overstrained, thank you for that ;)

Offline Markus Wolf

• God Member
  • Welcome to the playground of ideas.
    • Rival's Rapture (not my site; I'm just featured on here!)
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2019, 10:12:42 PM »
I'm reading this extremely belatedly but thank you for the very kind words :)

======

Im not just saying this because they are on this thread or because they're good friends, but because I mean it...

Markus and AWC are two of the best in different ways.

Im very selective with who I write with and Ive never been disappointed by either of them. Both tasteful, creative, respectful, and intelligent. Ive had nothing but fun so I hope my participation in their stories and collaboration with them helps bring their work to a bigger audience and gives them the feedback they relish. It saddens me when it doesnt...is it asking a lot? They could easily have a Patreon, they are good enough, but they do this for free for the boards entertainment.

So if you have a favorite writer, support them! Constructive criticism, praise, whatever. Its he least we can do!
Follow me on Twitter: @markuswolf09

Offline cococo

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2019, 01:30:37 AM »
HalHow and Sidekick the best

Offline guzelyali

• I love catfights!
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2019, 03:21:08 PM »
Lots of great writers here, but I didn't see anybody mention Segano (maybe spelled Sega or Seganor).
Good thread, thanks.

Offline linftr

• God Member
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2019, 07:33:37 PM »
Replying to Celina's post, with apologies for any shifting of focus:

How dare you, Celina, bring your parochial, Dutch prejudices into this.  I'll have to whip your bottom and watch your long legs thrash yet again for that.

You know I had expressed my opinion before on this topic and you should honor it or pay the price !

Offline doggy81

• God Member
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2019, 07:06:38 AM »
Jon Grey, DottiD and Augur.

Offline coachzzz

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2019, 07:59:08 PM »
There are many great writers on this site, and all of you receive our thanks for your passion and your toil to bring these stories to us.  We may not say it on an ongoing regular basis, but THANK YOU TO ALL OF THE WRITERS HERE. 

As to the "best" on this site, that is obviously subjective, as one person's "great" is another person's "yawn".  I like a longer story, both for the fight scene itself and the set-up to why the fight is happening and the reasons and emotions behind the battle.   Finally, I like a competitive, back and forth battle and not a domination from start to finish. 

My current favorites would be (in no particular order), Anna the Marine Chick, Sidekick, and AndrewScott as the most consistently enjoyable.  Also a couple nods to harpua13 (for the Luxana stoires), Jonica (for "A Clockwork Strawberry", maybe the best full story on the site), Catharsis (for "Homewrecker"), the late Braveheart (for his Sandbridge saga), and the Raven (who created probably the first great saga, Cat Scratch Fever and its sequel, Corporate Catfighting, over 20 years ago!--you will have to go elsewhere to find copies of his stories.)   The older writers (Howard Cossell, Pecavvi, The Scribbler, Gemma Rox, Jonica, Laurie Breeze, and many others) are also well worth your efforts to dig back into the archives and find their great work as well. 

Once again, thank you to all the writers here.