News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Pre-1980 favorites?

• 63 Replies

Offline flyinfur

• God Member
  • bb
Re: Pre-1980 favorites?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2018, 10:31:51 PM »
Joi Lansing
For in me there have always been two fools, among others, one asking nothing better than to stay where he is and the other imagining that life might be slightly less horrible a little further on.

Offline flyinfur

• God Member
  • bb
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2018, 10:33:21 PM »
Lilly Christine
For in me there have always been two fools, among others, one asking nothing better than to stay where he is and the other imagining that life might be slightly less horrible a little further on.

Offline Anon

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2019, 12:48:30 AM »
Mitzi Gaynor
Had a reputation as a "tough girl"

Ah I knew you were a fan already. Got any details on this?

everything

I can't write a paragraph about each of these but you managed to hit nearly all of my favorites that I skipped so far.

Offline ETC (etcaaf)

• God Member
  • Ok
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2019, 06:01:37 PM »
I don’t know if anyone has mentioned Raquel Welch who had a few movie roles fighting other women.  In “One Million BC”, Raquel had a great fight with Martine Beswick, another favorite!  Martine was in the famous “Gypsy Fight” in the James Bond Classic, “From Russia With Love”.  In the Gypsy Fight, Martine was the taller of the two brunettes with the shorter one, Aliza Gur!  Great stuff!  Thanks for posting the question!!!
ETC = Enjoying Those Catfights!
(New Profile because old one crashed)

Offline ETC (etcaaf)

• God Member
  • Ok
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2019, 08:01:41 PM »
So many great ladies!   I posted before but at least 10 others I can think of are:

Ursula Andress
Tina Louise
Julie Newmar
Sylva Koschina
Gina Lolobrigida
Sophia Loren
Jayne Mansfield
Mamie Van Doren
Sheree North
Ann-Margaret

That’s only 10 of the many classy, sexy ladies from that time.  Like I said, So many wonderful memories!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 08:03:45 PM by ETC (etcaaf) »

Offline Anon

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2019, 04:15:22 AM »
In “One Million BC”, Raquel had a great fight with Martine Beswick, another favorite!  Martine was in the famous “Gypsy Fight” in the James Bond Classic, “From Russia With Love”.

I think I posted Raquel pretty early. Martine Beswick also has a couple of fights in Prehistoric Women, yet another cavegirl movie.

I don't have much to say about the list of ten, since most of them are either big enough names to be recognizable or got posted already. I had to look up Sylva Koschina though, good find there. Glad to see people appreciate Mamie Van Doren and the rest are pretty self explanatory good picks.

Offline ETC (etcaaf)

• God Member
  • Ok
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2019, 05:30:03 AM »
 Camila Sparv and Scilla Gabel were European actresses from Europe around the same time as Elke Sommer, but not quite as well known.

Victoria Vetri (Angela Dorian) started in “When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth), very similar to One Million BC.  Like now, Hollywood was very formulaic.

Another one I can think of is Carol Wayne.  As I said before, so many beautiful ladies great memories!!  Thanks for posting this thread!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 05:35:02 AM by ETC (etcaaf) »

Offline Anon

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2019, 10:28:23 PM »
Elke Sommer is a good pick.

{alt}

There isn't a ton of information on Carol Wayne, seems she's pretty obscure in comparison to the rest, but thanks for bringing her up.

Offline shotgun6

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2019, 02:28:35 PM »
Nice to see Camilla Sparv mentioned; Tall, beautiful, athletic Scandinavian Blonde woman; one of the great missed catfight opportunities of all time was with her in "McKenna's Gold", against Julie Newmar, playing the role of an Apache woman; Julie is jealous of Camilla, thinking "McKenna" is interested in her, and continually tries to kill Camilla - they "sort of" have it out, at the end, where on horseback both women are jostling and elbowing each other in a frantic effort to escape the collapsing canyon, and Julie falls off her horse and dies - but a real, intense catfight between the two SHOULD have been featured, especially at the "waterhole" scene, where we DO get to see Julie Newmar swim naked - Naked Julie sneaks up under the swimming (clothed!) Camilla and tries to drown her, but McKenna breaks them up. What a shame!!!

Offline Anon

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2019, 10:53:50 PM »
Dug up some Camilla Sparv pics just in case anyone else was curious (since I also had to look her up).

{alt}

{alt}

Also, here's Mamie Van Doren getting ready.

Offline Anon

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2019, 09:47:21 AM »
Maureen O'Hara requires very little explanation.

{alt}

{alt}

Offline Anon

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2019, 12:02:59 AM »
Right on the line, but Audrey and Judy Landers each managed to make a movie before 1980. Here's the best versions I could find of a wrasslin photoshoot they did.

{alt}
{alt}
{alt}
{alt}
{alt}
{alt}
{alt}
{alt}
{alt}
{alt}
{alt}
{alt}

Plus this. Dallas and Lottery were their respective shows at the time.
{alt}

Offline JT Edson

• God Member
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2019, 12:06:39 PM »
Right on the line, but Audrey and Judy Landers each managed to make a movie before 1980. Here's the best versions I could find of a wrasslin photoshoot they did.

{alt}
{alt}
{alt}
{alt}
{alt}
{alt}
{alt}
{alt}
{alt}
{alt}
{alt}
{alt}

Plus this. Dallas and Lottery were their respective shows at the time.
{alt}

Fantastic! I used to have a really good set of some of these a decade back but lost them when a computer went down. Thanks for sharing!

Offline Tiger80

• God Member
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2019, 01:18:14 PM »
Victoria Principal

Offline Anon

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2019, 10:40:18 PM »
Victoria Principal is great. Did she have any catfights on Dallas? It seems like she would have, but I can't find any.