News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

The Poacher 4

• 34 Replies

Offline FyreCracka

• God Member
  • A husband and wife catfight writing team
Re: The Poacher 4
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2020, 04:37:08 PM »
Another great chapter, Kiva. I say chapter, because I'm hoping it wasn't the conclusion, but the beginning of a new direction....personally, I'm hoping for a Paula in prison foray.  :)

Thanks Fyre.  I may need to binge watch Orange Is The New Black on Netflix for inspiration for a women’s prison story.
No thank you for this fantastic series. I know how much work (fun work, is still work  ;) ) goes into writing a good story...well at least I know how much goes into writing a mediocre story, lol. You definitely give me inspiration to keep working at it.

Also, I loved all of the character development in the series. Paula and Jim are a lot like the dark side version of Jake and I (the outdoorsy, hunter types who have done pretty well for themselves in the civilized world but still long to get back to their roots). So I definitely enjoyed their story. So much so, that don't be surprised if a character that is similar to Paula makes an appearance in the ol' Fight Journal or maybe another Nemesis series.

And finally, thanks for the link to Rival Rapture's little corner of the internet. I was unaware of it.

Keep doin what you're doin, sister. I look forward to your posts.
Fyre: a 5' 5 1/2", 130lbs, 39 years old, blonde hair and brown eyed brawler.

If you're interested in being in a story feel free to contact us.

We are now on Trillian: Fyrecracka

Offline Kiva

• God Member
  • Critical Care RN
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2020, 04:36:56 AM »
Dahlia and FyreCracka:  I don’t mean to make turn this into a back slapping flattery party but both of you were two of my favorite writers before I started posting.   It means a lot to me to return some of the reading enjoyment you give me.

Dahlia: It was very kind of you to take the time to look at my ideas. I sent you a pm explaining where you helped.

Kelli: Now that I think of it, you would have been perfect for a Poacher story.  I can see Kelli, Jake, Paula and Jim as a hunting foursome.  Afterward, Kelli and Paula could go at it on the Persian rug.  Maybe we should spring Paula out of jail.
Don’t bother walking a mile in my shoes. That would be boring. Spend thirty seconds in my head. That’ll freak you right out.

Offline Tiberius J.C.

• God Member
  • Profile pic: James Mason as Tiberius in "A.D."
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2020, 09:10:02 PM »
Dahlia and FyreCracka:  I don’t mean to make turn this into a back slapping flattery party but both of you were two of my favorite writers before I started posting.   It means a lot to me to return some of the reading enjoyment you give me.

Dahlia: It was very kind of you to take the time to look at my ideas. I sent you a pm explaining where you helped.

Kelli: Now that I think of it, you would have been perfect for a Poacher story.  I can see Kelli, Jake, Paula and Jim as a hunting foursome.  Afterward, Kelli and Paula could go at it on the Persian rug.  Maybe we should spring Paula out of jail.
I know Texas is a long way from Montana or Idaho or wherever we are here, but I can't help thinking that if we can put a man on the moon (as Homer Simpson would say), we can surely find a way for Kelli and Paula to get better acquainted. Stands to reason, dunnit?

Offline Kiva

• God Member
  • Critical Care RN
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2020, 07:20:13 AM »
I know Texas is a long way from Montana or Idaho or wherever we are here, but I can't help thinking that if we can put a man on the moon (as Homer Simpson would say), we can surely find a way for Kelli and Paula to get better acquainted. Stands to reason, dunnit?

I’d like to see that! I’ve received some requests to bring Paula back so I suppose I will have to get her out of prison. Kelli, though, seems to be having a lot of her own drama these days.

If you enjoyed Poacher 4, BarbaraUK is an excellent writer. Check out her recent story of her time at a fight camp in Thailand. It’s a brilliant story written from 2 points of view with quite a realistic kickboxing fight scene. https://www.freecatfights.com/forums/index.php?topic=92124.0
Don’t bother walking a mile in my shoes. That would be boring. Spend thirty seconds in my head. That’ll freak you right out.

Offline h_k

• God Member
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2020, 09:31:06 AM »

I’d like to see that! I’ve received some requests to bring Paula back so I suppose I will have to get her out of prison. Kelli, though, seems to be having a lot of her own drama these days.

If you enjoyed Poacher 4, BarbaraUK is an excellent writer. Check out her recent story of her time at a fight camp in Thailand. It’s a brilliant story written from 2 points of view with quite a realistic kickboxing fight scene. https://www.freecatfights.com/forums/index.php?topic=92124.0
As captain of Team Casimir (albeit self-appointed), I think I speak for animal lovers everywhere when I say 'let Paula rot in gaol' (or 'jail' as its quaintly known on your side of the Atlantic). We have to do this some other way: do you think Darling Kelli could be persuaded to take one for the team and go in after her? She could beat up Jolene SO BADLY that she gets sent down for grievous bodily harm (is that a crime in the USA? Er, probably not…) or she could be hiking a nature trail up in Washington or Idaho when she comes across Paula's egregious husband who tries to molest her and she quite rightly chops him up like firewood in a fit of pique (because I can't see our FyreCracka taking too kindly to being molested) but she comes up in front of a crooked judge who used to hunt with Paula and said egregious husband and has her incarcerated in exactly the same facility as Paula, who's established herself by now as the queen of the prison, and of course Kelli whips her and makes Paula her bitch, or makes her clean out the latrines, butt-naked, with all the other inmates cheering and throwing stuff…
I'm on fire here (eat your heart out Herman Melville!)
Or Paula could escape, how about that?, and to make a few extra bucks for new soccer boots for the poppet, Kelli could go after her as a bounty hunter and track her through the forest to a campfire in a clearing and beat the toots out of her with all the creatures of the forest (including all Casimir's American cousins) cheering and whooping it up, and then she trusses up Paula like a turkey, slings her over the back of an obliging moose, and heads back to town to claim her bounty. And a joyous multitude of adults, children and all their household pets gathers round and accompanies Kelli and her prisoner all the way to the courthouse, where an honest judge this time (who's an avid fan of Fyre's Fight Journal)  congratulates Kelli on behalf of all humanity, triples the advertised bounty, and adds another 50 years to Paula's sentence for the escape.
Oh, and I'd kind of like it if one of the kids following the procession into town, let's say his/her pet deer too was shot by a hunter, sees Paula slung sideways over the back of the moose, with her hands and feet tied, takes a stick and whacks her butt! And then throws her ams around Kelli's neck and gives her a big kiss and says she's the Best Bounty Hunter in the Whole World!
(Make that 'Universe').
And then this could all be made into a film with Rebecca de Mornay as Kelli (or Rosamund Pike - I'm sure she can do an American accent) - and Kiva, you'd win the Oscar for Best Original Screenplay and clean up with the royalties, and have enough money to buy a whole hospital full of gadgets to keep people like the General alive (though I'm not sure they deserve it) AND fund research into a vaccine against Covid_20 ('coming soon, to a planet near you')
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 10:19:13 AM by h_k »

Offline h_k

• God Member
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2020, 09:44:20 AM »
And you're right. BarbaraUK's story is brilliant! It's a sequel to this, in a way, isn't it? I thought it was Cambodia though. (Or Laos?). Wherever it was, she paints a really vivid picture not just of the fight scene out there but of the nightlife as well, and the fight itself is simply extraordinarily well described, from both angles, with Barbara's point-of-view in italics and Lucky's in roman.
I say that, because it took me a long time to twig the first time I read the story.  ???
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 09:46:05 AM by h_k »

Offline Kiva

• God Member
  • Critical Care RN
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2020, 03:29:12 PM »
Hi h_k,
A simpler plot to bring Paula back would be for her and her husband to cooperate with the feds to help nail major drug lords. In exchange for their help, they’re released from prison under the witness protection program and given new identities with new names. What better place to hide them than in Texas where Paula gets to resume her catfight career. Oh shit, that would mean I might run into her wearing a catpin.  :-[

Offline h_k

• God Member
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2020, 04:28:15 PM »
Hi h_k,
A simpler plot to bring Paula back would be for her and her husband to cooperate with the feds to help nail major drug lords. In exchange for their help, they’re released from prison under the witness protection program and given new identities with new names. What better place to hide them than in Texas where Paula gets to resume her catfight career. Oh shit, that would mean I might run into her wearing a catpin.  :-[
Her funeral!

Offline snw

• God Member
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2020, 01:27:07 AM »
I thought that number 3 was one of the best stories I’ve read on here. So hot with the 2 agents and the both of them sure she’d take Paula down when she got ready too. When the male agent started to see that Paula was a real fighter and was watching his sexy partner being decimated in front of the audience was about as good a moment in any story I’ve seen. The only thing that would’ve made that better is if the male agent started being turned on when he was watching Paula put her to sleep. Paula never really got the chance to enjoy her victory in that one. Sure would’ve liked to see what she wanted to do when she tried to stop the couple from leaving since it was one fight the spectators were more than just the couples participating. I think working Paula back into in one of scenarios would be extremely good especially if it ended with some sort of sexual aspect. Something about a woman who no one really likes for various reasons but still can’t help but be turned on by her looks. Even more than that despising her but then wanting her more than anything at that moment when she’s finished off your partner as she did in that story. I don’t know but seeing that Kelli’s husband is an agent of some sort maybe Paula volunteered to help him catch a similar couple as she and her husband were. Then bringing her home and she and Kelli have words. Well you know what happens after that. Kelli vs Paula with winner doing what she wants with the loser and Jake. Not that I don’t like seeing Kelli win but Paula winning in that scenario would certainly set the stage for a series of fights between them till Kelli got revenge.

Offline Kiva

• God Member
  • Critical Care RN
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2020, 09:38:35 AM »
I thought that number 3 was one of the best stories I’ve read on here. So hot with the 2 agents and the both of them sure she’d take Paula down when she got ready too. When the male agent started to see that Paula was a real fighter and was watching his sexy partner being decimated in front of the audience was about as good a moment in any story I’ve seen. The only thing that would’ve made that better is if the male agent started being turned on when he was watching Paula put her to sleep. Paula never really got the chance to enjoy her victory in that one. Sure would’ve liked to see what she wanted to do when she tried to stop the couple from leaving since it was one fight the spectators were more than just the couples participating. I think working Paula back into in one of scenarios would be extremely good especially if it ended with some sort of sexual aspect. Something about a woman who no one really likes for various reasons but still can’t help but be turned on by her looks. Even more than that despising her but then wanting her more than anything at that moment when she’s finished off your partner as she did in that story. I don’t know but seeing that Kelli’s husband is an agent of some sort maybe Paula volunteered to help him catch a similar couple as she and her husband were. Then bringing her home and she and Kelli have words. Well you know what happens after that. Kelli vs Paula with winner doing what she wants with the loser and Jake. Not that I don’t like seeing Kelli win but Paula winning in that scenario would certainly set the stage for a series of fights between them till Kelli got revenge.

Thanks snw. I’m thrilled that people are still reading and talking about The Poacher series. I never officially ended the series. Maybe I finished  the story arc a bit prematurely. My thinking was to keep the series fresh by making each chapter unique with new characters and getting to a finale while interest was high. I’d be happy to restart it and there are numerous possibilities where it could go. Expect Paula to now have a different name, location, and somewhat altered appearance. Lol. Remember, she’s a hospital administrator, so she could be my new boss...or maybe not.   :P

Offline h_k

• God Member
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2020, 01:43:54 PM »
Hi h_k,
Personally, I think the feds should be offering drug lords early release in return for helping them nail poachers - after all, people choose to take drugs; our grandchildren won't have chosen to live in a world without tigers, leopards, cheetahs, rhinos… Nor will their grandchildren. Nor their grandchildrens' children. And so on, for every generation till the end of time.

Have you seen the photo 'The last goodbye' by Ami Vitale on this page?
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/gallery/2020/dec/01/wildlife-photographer-of-year-2020-peoples-choice-in-pictures
If that link doesn't work, try thiis one:
https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/751b9d616b97c2e64a96404186b621cd1054da13/0_0_1280_853/master/1280.jpg?width=1920&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=e4dd9f95f83176f1f60f701d5fa511d0
The caption reads:
Joseph Wachira comforts Sudan, the planet’s last male northern white rhino, moments before the animal died at Ol Pejeta wildlife conservancy in northern Kenya. Suffering from age-related complications, Sudan died surrounded by those who had cared for him

Offline BarbaraUK

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2020, 02:21:06 PM »
Thanks snw. I’m thrilled that people are still reading and talking about The Poacher series. I never officially ended the series. Maybe I finished  the story arc a bit prematurely. My thinking was to keep the series fresh by making each chapter unique with new characters and getting to a finale while interest was high. I’d be happy to restart it and there are numerous possibilities where it could go. Expect Paula to now have a different name, location, and somewhat altered appearance. Lol. Remember, she’s a hospital administrator, so she could be my new boss...or maybe not.   :P

I would personally be very interested to see who was the winner of a fight between Kiva and Paula, just sayin'  ;D

... but they met already in the first story  ???
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 02:24:42 PM by BarbaraUK »

Offline h_k

• God Member
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2020, 03:28:35 PM »

I would personally be very interested to see who was the winner of a fight between Kiva and Paula, just sayin'  ;D

And I would personally be very interested to see who was the winner of a fight between Paula and Lucky, just sayin'  ;D

Offline BarbaraUK

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2020, 03:49:27 PM »
h_k You only get one wish  :D

And I would personally be very interested to see who was the winner of a fight between Paula and Lucky, just sayin'  ;D

Offline Tiberius J.C.

• God Member
  • Profile pic: James Mason as Tiberius in "A.D."
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2020, 04:31:10 PM »
What worries me the most (and I'm shaking so badly, I'm getting mulled wine and bits of mince pie all over my clean white surplice) is this: Barbara's right, she'll recognize you, Kiva, because you've met, whereas (if she's had plastic surgery) you won't recognize her, so she'll get the jump on you. And then she could make your life hell for weeks to bait you into fighting her, and you may have let the diet and the training slip a bit over the holidays (do they have mince pies in Texas?), and… well, I can't bear to think of what might happen then.
Had you forgotten you'd met her, Kiva? It was that episode when she owned your friend Katie.
(Not that I felt the least bit sorry for her. She said you sang like a frog. CORRECTION: she said you sang WORSE than a frog, which if your singing is even 1/10 as good as your writing was a WICKED LIE)