News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

The "Catpin" Universe Discussion

• 164 Replies

Offline FyreCracka

• God Member
  • A husband and wife catfight writing team
Re: The "Catpin" Universe Discussion
« Reply #150 on: July 02, 2023, 03:55:10 PM »
I know it's been a while but  have finally posted a new chapter!!! (bait), but it's in the MvsM section (switch). It's what happens at Tanya's house after our fight. FvsF only fans don't hate me too much and I hope those of you who enjoy a the guys mixing it up enjoy.

With that out of the way, I will say I do have a few FvsF stories getting pretty close to finished as well. Hopefully, I'll get to share one soon.

Hugs and scratches,
Kelli
Fyre: a 5' 5 1/2", 130lbs, 39 years old, blonde hair and brown eyed brawler.

If you're interested in being in a story feel free to contact us.

We are now on Trillian: Fyrecracka

Online bigfan877

« Reply #151 on: July 03, 2023, 01:53:04 AM »
Its Christmas...there's a new FyreCracka Catpin Chapter...

I got coal for Christmas...It's a MvM match.

Just joking, glad to see you back and looking forward to the next story.

Offline FyreCracka

• God Member
« Reply #152 on: July 03, 2023, 05:21:17 AM »
Its Christmas...there's a new FyreCracka Catpin Chapter...

I got coal for Christmas...It's a MvM match.

Just joking, glad to see you back and looking forward to the next story.

Y'know Bigfan, if you hold onto that lump o' coal tight enough, it will turn into a diamond!  ;)

Offline krispin

• God Member
« Reply #153 on: July 03, 2023, 12:36:36 PM »
Waiting for your great FF stories

Offline Kiva

• God Member
  • Critical Care RN
« Reply #154 on: July 07, 2023, 01:33:28 PM »
I’ve received several messages recently, asking when I’ll be posting stories again. I’m honored that readers have enjoyed my tales and I appreciate that a few of you expressed concerns about my physical and mental health. Like my persona in Kiva’s Fight Journal, I really am a frontline healthcare worker with a family. Although the past several months have been challenging, both professionally and personally, I’m fine. As you know, writing takes time and a lot of mental energy. I have done some professional writing recently by contributing to a textbook, medical blogs, and patient education material, which left nothing in my gas tank for hobby writing. I have kept a presence on fcf with several posts in the art section. So, as life ebbs and flows, things could swing back before too long. Thanks again and be safe,
Kiva
Don’t bother walking a mile in my shoes. That would be boring. Spend thirty seconds in my head. That’ll freak you right out.

Offline coachzzz

« Reply #155 on: July 07, 2023, 05:25:19 PM »
Kiva, there is no need to apologize.   You have a full life, one which you likely enjoy.   Both you and Kelli (FyreCracka) have graced us with outstanding stories, and one of the hallmarks of those stories are the re-readability of those stories.  We will always have the opportunity to go back and re- read your tales and enjoy them again, just like we would re-watch our favorite movies over and over again, even though we know what will happen next.  There are always nuances that we may have missed in a prior read, or it may be we just enjoyed this or that particular scene.   Your body of work is exceptional enough that you need not add to it if you don't have the time. 

As a fan, would I like to see more stories from you?  Absolutely.    But I am grateful for what we have received from you already. 

Thank you.

Offline FyreCracka

• God Member
« Reply #156 on: July 13, 2023, 09:28:06 PM »
And I've posted another new story!!!!

Kinda... (y'all are probably about ready to string me up about now). This time it's a new story in The Catpin Chronicles. It's the fight between The Priestess and Lady Lonestar at the Valkyrie's Palace told from the perspective of The Priestess. There is also quite a bit of stuff about her character in there as well... might be worth your time since she does play a pretty big role in one of my upcoming chapters.

Thanks for putting up with my shenaxxxxns,
-Kelli

Offline FyreCracka

• God Member
« Reply #157 on: January 29, 2024, 11:59:25 PM »
Anyone ready for a new story? A real one? With your favorite humble scribe as the one of the participants? Well, it won't be today BUT we are nearly finished with a new chapter!

(I felt like I needed to post something to keep me on task, just in case.. :D )

Online Tiberius J.C.

• God Member
  • Profile pic: James Mason as Tiberius in "A.D."
« Reply #158 on: January 31, 2024, 12:55:34 PM »
Anyone ready for a new story? A real one? With your favorite humble scribe as the one of the participants? Well, it won't be today BUT we are nearly finished with a new chapter!

Can't wait!
If I can help in any way: hold your coat … tie the other chick's shoelaces together … you've got my number.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 01:21:47 PM by Tiberius J.C. »

Offline FyreCracka

• God Member
« Reply #159 on: January 31, 2024, 05:11:01 PM »

Can't wait!
If I can help in any way: hold your coat … tie the other chick's shoelaces together … you've got my number.
I wish I could take you up on the offer, my friend. Hopefully this one will be worth the wait, it's a pretty big story- a "two parter" (as in, it will be broken into two posts at the same time, not half of it one day and then make y'all wait for the rest).

There are a couple of familiar faces in it and a couple of new ones as well. The venue and possibilities that come with this story are pretty interesting- at least, to me, anyway. We have a few other stories "in progress" but I kinda need to post this one before I get to them. In theory, that should mean I'll be putting out more stories without any huge gaps in time like this.

As always, if any of y'all have anything that you'd like to see, feel free to reach out. We are always open to new ideas and do enjoy writing other people's desires into our stories.

Scratch ya later!
-Kelli

Online Damerei

« Reply #160 on: January 31, 2024, 08:25:50 PM »

Really looking forward to this!

Offline FyreCracka

• God Member
« Reply #161 on: February 06, 2024, 07:58:59 PM »
Greetings fellow catfight enthusiasts! After a very long hiatus, I have posted a new chapter in Fyre's Fight Journal. This two part chapter sees our fearless heroine, Kelli Rose (that's me *waves*) in trouble with the Catpin Court. You will see some familiar faces and meet some new ones as we explore the Catpin's unusual justice system!

Hopefully I'm not too rusty and y'all enjoy this one as it's something that I have had planned for a long time and it opens up lot of interesting opportunities for stories in my series and in the Catpin Chronicles. Let me know what you think.

-Kelli

Offline coachzzz

« Reply #162 on: February 07, 2024, 02:38:39 PM »
Kelli, Crime and Punishment was a well-done chapter, as per your usual high standards.   A lot of items to think about . . .

Lily is now the co-chief villain in your story, alongside Jolene.  She has a clear motive for her actions against you, namely punishing you for your “past sins” as well as losing the fight to you several chapters ago.  Unlike Jolene, she has friends in higher places, which could cause trouble for both you and Jake.  She will be formidable to deal with.  Using a henchwoman to do her dirty work is very villainous.   Meanwhile, Letticia has the heart to be a great fighter, but not the skill.   If she and Lily fight, I fear Lily will destroy her. 

The main fight was great and you fought valiantly, but the odds were against you.   Agent DuBois is well-trained as a boxer and seems to enjoy her work a bit too much.   I wouldn’t mess with her in the future.   

Letticia described the judge as a “fair and honorable judge”, but why does anyone (be it Lily or someone else) get to have this trial by combat event without some level of evidence of a “crime” being committed?     You clearly were railroaded into a disadvantageous situation, without much opportunity to stop it.   Also, despite not hearing the specified charge against you, you were sentenced to FIVE fights at the judge’s whim in the next year.   Is the punishment proportional?   It doesn’t seem like it.    The more I think about it, the more concerned about the judge’s motives I get. 

The Court seems easily corruptible by bullies trying to “avenge” made up grievances.   Lily clearly conspired with Agent DuBois to do this to you.   Couldn’t you accuse Lily of something, anything, get a different agent of the Court to help you and precipitate a similar trial by combat for her on demand?    Couldn’t anybody do that to anyone in the Catpin universe?    I know this is a fictional world, but this issue with the Court feels sinister to me.   Oh, well, maybe life just isn’t fair . . .

If Rebecca does not treat you fairly, you have turned the direction of your story to a much darker course.   Maybe that is your intent for future stories.   Maybe after all the success your character has had in the Catpin universe, your character will now have some serious trials and tribulations to deal with.  We will have to wait and see.

I look forward to your future chapters of this excellent series. 

Offline FyreCracka

• God Member
« Reply #163 on: February 07, 2024, 05:11:30 PM »
Kelli, Crime and Punishment was a well-done chapter, as per your usual high standards.   A lot of items to think about . . .

Lily is now the co-chief villain in your story, alongside Jolene.  She has a clear motive for her actions against you, namely punishing you for your “past sins” as well as losing the fight to you several chapters ago.  Unlike Jolene, she has friends in higher places, which could cause trouble for both you and Jake.  She will be formidable to deal with.  Using a henchwoman to do her dirty work is very villainous.   Meanwhile, Letticia has the heart to be a great fighter, but not the skill.   If she and Lily fight, I fear Lily will destroy her. 

The main fight was great and you fought valiantly, but the odds were against you.   Agent DuBois is well-trained as a boxer and seems to enjoy her work a bit too much.   I wouldn’t mess with her in the future.   

Letticia described the judge as a “fair and honorable judge”, but why does anyone (be it Lily or someone else) get to have this trial by combat event without some level of evidence of a “crime” being committed?     You clearly were railroaded into a disadvantageous situation, without much opportunity to stop it.   Also, despite not hearing the specified charge against you, you were sentenced to FIVE fights at the judge’s whim in the next year.   Is the punishment proportional?   It doesn’t seem like it.    The more I think about it, the more concerned about the judge’s motives I get. 

The Court seems easily corruptible by bullies trying to “avenge” made up grievances.   Lily clearly conspired with Agent DuBois to do this to you.   Couldn’t you accuse Lily of something, anything, get a different agent of the Court to help you and precipitate a similar trial by combat for her on demand?    Couldn’t anybody do that to anyone in the Catpin universe?    I know this is a fictional world, but this issue with the Court feels sinister to me.   Oh, well, maybe life just isn’t fair . . .

If Rebecca does not treat you fairly, you have turned the direction of your story to a much darker course.   Maybe that is your intent for future stories.   Maybe after all the success your character has had in the Catpin universe, your character will now have some serious trials and tribulations to deal with.  We will have to wait and see.

I look forward to your future chapters of this excellent series.

Thanks Coachzzz,
It was a lot but I felt there was a lot of stuff I needed to put in for it to work and for things in the future... and for it all to be somewhat logical, lol.

I like Lily's character as one of the villains because, depending on the POV she kind of isn't. Which gives me options in the Catpin Chronicles series. I'm sure there are plenty that want her to beat me if we fight again after reading the first fight and backstory from Mike's perspective. At a minimum she can show how you can be "villain" even if you were originally the victim depending on how you handle it.

My goal with the main fight and Deja was to show how simple rules and limitations can completely alter how the fight happens. My upcoming plans for FFJ is to start peppering in rematches. In most of those my plan is to have some variables (rules, setting, conditions, etc.) changed that could lead to a different outcome. I'm pretty sure that no one would be surprised if I beat Deja in a straight up catfight (conversely, I doubt anyone would be surprised if she beat me).

As far as the court, council and the judge go, I have a pretty detailed backstory (I create whole "biographies" for pretty much every character and venue) for all of that, but since "character" Kelli isn't aware of the details, that means the readers aren't either. If everything goes as planned, I'll keep rolling those out during subsequent chapters or in the Catpin Chronicles.

And lastly, the whole Catpin Court is just one more thing in the whole "Catpin Universe". I'll still be randomly running into other women wearing pins, fighting in Billy's cage, receiving invites to The Valkyrie's Palace, etc. I do like the options they all open up- especially if other authors want to play around in the universe with a chapter in the Catpin Chronicles thread.

Thanks for the feedback. I really do appreciate it.

-Kelli

Offline coachzzz

« Reply #164 on: February 07, 2024, 07:16:54 PM »
Lily is a great villain.   She is smart, formidable, and does evil and villainous things, like setting up this trial and having her henchwoman beat you up.   But she also has a motive that makes the reader understand why she is doing this to you, and even somewhat sympathize with her.   If you would have fought Lily a second time prior to this chapter, would I have rooted for her?   Maybe.   If you fought a second time now?   Never.  She already took out revenge on you with this chapter.   I am sure Lily does not think it is enough payback for the pain she feels you have caused Mike and her, but the reader will think it is plenty, especially since she wasn't the one beating you up.  The saga between Lily and you appears to be just heating up, and I can't wait to see where it goes. 

I am very curious to see how the judge uses you.   Are you to be punished by having you fight unfair fights, or are you to be used as a tool of the Court to enact some justice on others?    It is obvious from your last paragraph in the story that your character is mentally excited by the uncertainty of what will happen next, and is fully committed to continue fighting.  But if the judge puts you into too many unfair situations, couldn't Jake step in, put his foot down and say "No, Kelli, that's it.   No more fighting."   While it is apparently common practice for women in your town to have a Catpin, it cannot be mandatory. . Don't let the situations become too dangerous for Kelli, or this story could turn very dark, very fast.   I don't think that is the type of story you have been trying to write, although of course I could be wrong as to your future intentions.

Thank you for an excellent series.