News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

The Catpin Chronicles (Series)

• 62 Replies

Offline Kiva

• God Member
  • Critical Care RN
Re: The Catpin Chronicles (Series)
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2023, 03:04:01 AM »
Some readers commented that the infamous chapter "Friday Night Lights Out" from Kiva's Fight Journal was one of their favorite stories. It was certainly one of my wildest. Some mentioned that Cynthia's husband Josh was an interesting likeable character, so before I get back to new original stories, I thought I would explore revisiting this story and how Josh might have experienced it.

Catpin Chronicles - Chapter 9

Kiva vs. Cynthia
as told by Josh Garrison (Cynthia's husband)

Original story: Kiva's Fight Journal Chapter 8: Friday Night Lights Out
https://www.freecatfights.com/forums/index.php?topic=90742.75

You think you got the best of me
Think you've had the last laugh
Bet you think everything good is gone
Think you left me broken down
Think that I'll come running back
Baby, you don't know me, cause you're dead wrong
-Kelly Clarkson

Hi there. My name is Josh Garrison. Perhaps you heard of me. I was a Heisman Trophy winner. I was the starting quarterback of the winning team at the Cotton Bowl Classic. We nearly won the national championship that year.

I started playing football at 12 years of age. My father played as a middle linebacker in the NFL. Naturally, his dream for me was to be a pro. Quarterback is the only position I’ve ever played. In high school, I led my team to the Texas State championship. I received college scholarship offers from every major program in the U.S.  I went to college not far from my hometown, playing in the Big 12 Conference. I became the starting quarterback my sophomore year.

My college years set the course for my life. I helped my team win a lot of football games. I broke several school records. I won many trophies and awards. But the best thing that happened to me was meeting the most beautiful woman on campus, the woman who would become my wife, Cynthia.

Cynthia and I met our sophomore year. She was on the cheerleading squad, a competitive nationally ranked team. I quickly realized a few things about her. One, she was unbelievably gorgeous and two, she was one tremendous athlete. One day, I met her at the sports complex after her practice. She agreed to have lunch with me, I asked her for her phone number, and we have been together ever since.

Our college years were magic. We were the storybook couple, the star quarterback and the cheerleader. We were the center of attention everywhere we went. Everyone wanted to be with us or at least be seen with us. The media was always in our faces snapping pictures. I think I know what it’s like to be a rock star or a Hollywood legend. Yeah, it got annoying sometimes, but in truth, I loved it. Cynthia loved it. We couldn’t get enough of it. We were the king and queen of the campus. We were royalty. The world was ours. Our future was in the stars. We married during our senior year.

We excelled in our respective sports. I won the Heisman Trophy and Cynthia’s cheerleading team took the national title. And then…it was over. In April of my senior year, I was drafted into the NFL as the number two overall pick by the New York Jets. This would be the beginning of a new phase of our lives. I would now play on a bigger stage and be known to millions of fans. It would be the start of a long lucrative career…or so I thought.

Life has a funny way of blindsiding you and turning against you sometimes. In training camp, I was named as the starting quarterback as a rookie. It was rough. I quickly learned that college is not the pros. Everything is bigger, faster and stronger in the NFL. Defenses are more complex.  Decisions must be made in a fraction of a second. No one will hand you anything, it all must be earned. I no longer had adoring fans following me around. I went from Josh Garrison college superstar to Josh Garrison the untested rookie. It was life in a pressure cooker.

The first season got off to a rocky start. My timing and accuracy were off. The coaches and the press attributed it to rookie growing pains. Then I sprained my ankle and was forced to miss a few games. When I came back, I still struggled. I could tell the fans were getting impatient. We finished the year in last place. I was named the starter for the following year. The team had invested too much to give up on me. The coaches still believed in me. I still believed in me.

Except, things didn’t get better. To this day, I still can’t explain it. People closest to me blamed the coaching. Others pointed to our weak offensive line and lack of talented receivers. But I’ve learned not to blame teammates. The coaches thought I might have some kind of mental block and set me up with a sports psychologist. It didn’t help. The team and I finished with another dismal season. On the field, I could now hear the boos coming from the stands. The crushing words, “Draft Bust” were now floating around. At this point, I don’t know if even I believed in myself anymore. But I know Cynthia sure did. At the end of the year, our head coach was fired. With a new coach and crew of coordinators and assistants, I was told they had plans for a new system and there would be major changes. I had lost my starting job. The team had signed a free agent veteran quarterback, I would serve as his backup. I spent most of the season on the sidelines holding a clipboard. At the end of the year, I received devastating news. I was released.

I signed with another team, but that lasted for only one year. I did get to start a few games, but played poorly. I was released again and was offered a backup spot with a third team. Midway through the season, I was cut. Then, the phone calls stopped. I was out of the league. Done. Finished. My life ruined.

The end of my football career was crushing and demoralizing, to say the least. Failure was not an option for me. Football was all I had ever known. I felt I let down myself, my wife, my family, especially my father, and my college. Cynthia and I returned home. We purchased a nice house with the money I made on my rookie contract. I went through a long period of depression where I could barely get out of bed. I owe everything to my family, my closest friends, and of course, my darling wife, Cynthia to finally get me back on my feet again. I took a sales job at a car dealership. Cynthia earned a degree in Education, and began teaching elementary school kids. I enjoy my job. I was always an extrovert who likes meeting people. It helped a lot that many customers remembered my college glory days. Soon, I was telling stories about my college career. Customers wanted my autograph and take selfies with me. Fathers would tell their sons that I was the best quarterback to ever play in Texas. At home, I was still a legend. Once again, I couldn’t get enough of the attention.

Cynthia, for her part, never wavered in her undying support for me. But she was still stung by bitterness. In her mind, my talent was wasted by incompetent coaches who didn’t use my skill set properly. Like me, the support of my former fans meant a lot to her. She began to travel with me to memorabilia shows, sports banquets, my high school football hall of fame induction. She would hear that Josh Garrison was great. She needed to hear it over and over again. Soon, it was as if we were reliving our college glory days every day. Cynthia created a website in my honor, joshgarrison.com. Its full of pictures, videos, stories. It even has a shop selling Josh Garrison merchandise, although I think she may have overdone it with the presales ordering. Our house is full of Josh Garrison jerseys, signed footballs, bobbleheads, coffee mugs, and you name it. She even has a line of Josh Garrison women’s sportswear, including red panties with my number 18 on the derriere.

Cynthia, God love her, is fiercely protective of my legacy, perhaps too much. During my time in the NFL, she would verbally lash out at fans who booed and badmouthed me. Then one day, she took it to a whole new level. While vacationing in Hawaii, we were harassed by a couple of Jets fans in the lobby. “Hey Garrison,” I heard a woman’s voice grumble, “you suck! The Jets should cut your pathetic ass.”

Immediately, Cynthia sprang into action, pushing her nose right up into the woman’s face. “Who the fuck do you think you are, bitch,” she barked, “my husband won the Heisman Trophy. And you? You’re a fucking nobody, a total loser!” They started slapping and reaching for each other’s hair until I wedged myself between them to break it up. The woman invited Cynthia to their hotel room to finish the fight in private. Cynthia quickly accepted. I was shocked. The woman looked about twenty pounds heavier and Cynthia never fought before. I pulled her aside to get her to calm down, but to no avail. Cynthia assured me she would go to the room and teach this woman respect and I would just have to let her do it. I knew Cynthia was strong willed and there was no talking her out of it. Fearing the worst, I accompanied her to the hotel room. At least I could intervene before she’d get hurt. As Cynthia, the woman and her boyfriend, and I rode the elevator and marched in silence down the hallway to the hotel room, my heart pounded. As the door closed, the woman grunts, “ready to get your pretty face punched in?” In a matter of seconds, the two of them, wearing sleeveless tops and shorts lunged at each other. It was pure rage. Neither one was a skilled fighter. The fight wasn’t close. Cynthia was strong, aggressive and downright vicious. After a blur of punches and hair pulls, the Cynthia had the woman on her back. From a mounted position, she hammered a torrent of punches to the face and body as the woman could do nothing but try to cover up. Finally, the woman burst into tears begging Cynthia to stop. I stepped in to pull Cynthia off as she continued to swing. I couldn’t believe it. It was so surreal. We saw the couple in the hotel a few days later. The woman who had been rude, aggressive and disrespectful sheepishly turned her slightly puffy and bruised face away from us. Cynthia later that day told me that was a real rush for her.

That was just the beginning. Cynthia took an interest in fighting. She started studying various combat sports. One day she told me about a website where women can meet and arrange private fights. Before long, she dragged me off to a local hotel room for her first “official” fight. It was over in seconds with Cynthia again as the victor. Although she had little formal fight training, Cynthia was strong, athletic, very quick and ferocious. More fight meetups followed. The results were the same as Cynthia piled up a series of decisive victories.

What motivated Cynthia to fight other women? I’m not sure I completely understand it. She often talked about the adrenaline rush, but I think there was more to it. I know Cynthia also often looked back on her college days. She missed the competition and the attention. Sometimes she fantasized that she was fighting for our school. If her opponent was college educated, Cynthia would ask that she show up wearing her school’s colors. Over time, the manner and the attire of the fights evolved. In the early encounters, the fighters usually wore sports bras with gym shorts or yoga pants, Later, she preferred they fight in bikinis. She felt a unique eroticism in defeating another woman with both of them looking as sexy as possible. Then, with only husbands and boyfriends present, she preferred topless.

I should also point out that these bouts started to take on higher psychological stakes. The women seemed to have an unspoken agreement that the winner was entitled to a victory pose over the loser. There are many forms to victory pose, most commonly, the loser lies flat on her back while the winner plants her foot on the defeated woman’s chest assuming a jubilant position with the hands high in the air. To raise the stakes even higher, the defeated woman might be required to hand over her panties to the winner, leaving her completely naked and exposed as a sign of submission. The victorious woman celebrates, receiving hugs and kisses from her man, and presumably a wild night in the bedroom. The loser’s man can only helplessly watch as his partner is humiliated and forced to admit her inferiority before he can collect her battered body and spirit and begin the process of piecing her back together. Catfighting is not just about fighting as a sport. It's also sexiness and dominance.

Cynthia received her “catpin” from the website. This is a pin in the shape of a cat with its claws fanned out. Women wear it when in search of a catfight opponent. When two women with the pin encounter each other, it is expected that they fight. When it became evident that she was fully committed to this “hobby”, we opened up our house to arranged fights. I bought a professional ring and set it up in a large gym room. It was Cynthia’s idea, fighting in a ring gave her an extra surge of excitement and energy.
Over time, my wife accumulated a collection of panties she stripped off her victims, storing them in a cabinet in our trophy room. Cynthia is the most competitive person I know. Otherwise, she is a cheerful and friendly person. She doesn’t bear ill will against her opponent unless the woman crosses a line. And what is that line? Never, ever, say a disparaging remark about my football career. I heard it all. Has-been, draft bust, overrated. I have thick skin. I can take it. But Cynthia? Badmouthing me will trigger her like you won’t believe. She’ll become a nonstop destructive force of nature. One of her opponents, Deanna, foolishly found out. After insulting me and desecrating one of my jerseys, Cynthia nearly took Deanna’s head off, squeezing the daylights out her with a head scissors. My wife’s legs are so strong, I swear she could crush a coconut with them. This brings me to the fight story I’m about to tell you.

One day, Cynthia arranged a fight with a woman named Kiva, to take place in our home. Kiva was a nurse and the mom of one of the girls in Cynthia’s junior cheerleading team. We met her and her husband Tom at a Pee Wee football game. Cynthia spoke highly of Kiva at first, but as the week went on leading up to the fight, the situation became acrimonious. “You should see what she texted about you,” Cynthia would tell me. “I’m going to destroy her. I’ll give her a good beatdown and add her blue Yale panties to my collection.” Oh boy, I thought, here we go. I knew right then, that Kiva, whoever she was, had no chance.

When Kiva and Tom came to the door, my mind about the outcome of the fight didn’t change. They seemed like a nice couple. Kiva was friendly and polite, but I did catch her rolling her eyes and whispering to her husband, likely ridiculing all the college memorabilia in our house. Cynthia was cold as ice and showed no hospitality, so it was all up to me. During the tour of the house, Cynthia insisted I show Kiva her collection of trophy panties. It was an intimidation tactic, I know. To make matter worse, Cynthia had members of the college cheerleading team over to practice and allowed them to watch the fight. I was surprised Kiva agreed to it. Finally, I showed Kiva and Tom to the guest bedroom where she could get ready for the fight and I went to assist Cynthia. I short while later, I summoned the ladies to the ring.

The fighters climbed through the ropes and went to their respective corners. They removed their outer coverings, wearing only their panties, Cynthia’s in red with my number 18 on her firm rear and Kiva’s in blue. I must say it was exciting to see these two nearly naked beauties in the ring. They were about the same height of 5’7”. My honey, Cynthia, as usual, was a mix of power, agility, and raw sexuality. Her light brown hair was pulled back, her green eyes glaring with the meanest expression I have ever seen on her face. She has the perkiest feistiest tits ever. I think that’s why she likes to fight topless. Virtually no woman has a body that can match hers, giving her another psychological advantage.  Kiva had a slender fit body, but I wouldn’t call it muscular. I suspected she wasn’t anywhere nearly as athletic as Cynthia. She had a very pretty face with long dark hair pulled up into a bun and lovely blue eyes. From what fight information we found on her, we learned she’s a hard hitter but doesn’t seem to have much else. Her tits were certainly sexy, but I wouldn’t trade them for Cynthia’s pair. She looked confident, but I just didn’t see the meanness and killer look I saw in Cynthia. Where Cynthia looked like she was out to kill bear, Kiva looked like she was excited to take in the moment. Her nipples betrayed how turned on she was to fight in front of her husband. Poor girl, I thought, I hope Cynthia at least finishes her off quickly and humanely.

After review of the rules and the stare down in the center of the ring, I gave the command to fight. As I expected, Cynthia charged out of her corner like a wild beast. I thought this fight would be over in less than a minute. Except, it wasn’t. Kiva surprised me. She kept her composure, moving to the side and dodging my wife like a matador. She made Cynthia miss wildly, while landing punches and slaps. That’s how much of the first part of the fight went. Cynthia was clearly the aggressor, but Kiva was incredibly patient, staying out of harm’s way for the most part, and landing blows. One thing I learned about Kiva is that the girl could box. It was obvious she was trying to keep the fight from going to the ground where Cynthia would have the advantage.

Finally, Cynthia speared Kiva in the belly with her shoulder, knocking her backward. My wife went to work, tying up the nurse and getting in her own punches. Somehow, Kiva weathered the storm and fought through it. The rest of the fight was the most intense battle I’ve ever seen, becoming progressively got more vicious with a lot of hair pulling, tit clawing, screaming and cursing. Cynthia absorbed a lot of punishment from Kiva’s body shots, but dished out a lot of her own devastating punches and kicks. Every time she had Kiva tied up, the nurse found a way out, even escaping Cynthia’s dreaded body scissors. With both women battered, exhausted, sweaty, and scratched, it was clear that this would be a war of attrition, coming down to who had the strongest will and last bit of endurance. This wasn’t at all the fight I expected.

At one point, it seemed certain the winner would be Kiva. A hard right hand to the ribs left Cynthia frozen and in pain. Seeing my wife was virtually defenseless, Kiva pulled her around her in circles by the hair before throwing her down in the center of the ring that bears our alma mater’s logo. Kiva showed some wrestling ability, tying Cynthia up facedown, driving her nose into the canvas. She wasn’t content to win, she was out to humiliate my wife. She actually pulled down’s Cynthia’s red panties and spanked her silly until her butt cheeks were cherry red. I prepared myself that someday Cynthia could lose a fight, but I never thought it would be this way. Kiva turned her over and sat on her with a school girl pinned. It looked like she would finish her off with a face sit, when almost miraculously Cynthia managed to escape.

But she was still in big trouble as Kiva hovered above her, ready to finish her off. A hit to the face caused Cynthia to collapse into the ropes, then down to the canvas. I expected Kiva to move in for the finish, but instead she did something unthinkable. She spat on our school logo. I couldn’t believe it. Neither could Cynthia. Kiva didn’t realize she just made a fatal mistake. It was as if she just kicked a baby bear cub in front of its mama. Enraged, Cynthia screamed out something I will not repeat. With renewed energy and fury, she charged at Kiva, driving her into a ring corner. Like a cyclone, Cynthia unleashed a horrific torrent of punches, slaps, and knees pummeling Kiva helpless, blow after blow landing to the head and body. Unable to defend herself, the poor nurse fell to a heap in the corner. I was ready to step in and stop it, when suddenly, Cynthia wrapped those lethal legs around her victim’s pretty head, to execute an inevitable choke out. It was clear Kiva was finished. I waved for Cynthia to stop, but she had other plans. She released her hold before her opponent lost consciousness, then dragged the brunette’s body to the center of the ring. To be honest, I don’t approve of this cat and mouse cruelty. Cynthia had the fight won, but she wasn’t content with just a victory and felt she had to deliver a final message. She bent the defenseless woman backward into a Boston Crab until Kiva finally screamed her surrender. Only after she forced the defeated nurse to kiss the school logo and declaring herself to be a nobody did Cynthia finally relinquish the hold.

When Cynthia leapt to her feet in victory, she still wasn’t done. She stood on her vanquished foe’s chest with both feet, making sure to wipe her dirty soles as much as possible on Kiva’s breasts. Next, she spit on Kiva’s belly in retaliation for her actions. Then she stripped her of her blue panties, leaving her fully naked in the ring. Before Kiva could even move out of the way, my wife invited the cheerleaders into the ring to perform a routine with Kiva still lying on her back. I don’t really agree with this either, although I understand Cynthia’s anger. I get the humiliation aspect of these catfights, but there should be limits. Finally, the cheerleaders exited the ring, leaving Kiva’s husband to come scrape her off the canvas.

The girls prepared for the pizza party while Kiva slowly hobbled her way to the guest room. Cynthia was ecstatic with her win, but I’ll tell you, that was her toughest fight to date. Kiva was definitely no slouch and fought like hell. I believe she would have defeated Cynthia had she not acted so foolishly. Also, I give Kiva credited to fighting in enemy territory. Cynthia had a strong home field advantage and supporters.

“When Kiva finishes getting her stuff, I’m kicking her lame ass out of the house,” Cynthia told me with a mischievous grin.
“Now wait a minute,” I answered. “I have a different suggestion.” I thought the poor girl was humiliated enough. What was the good of throwing one more cruel indignity at her. The world doesn’t need another angrier bitter person. “How about if we invite Kiva and Tom to stay with us for pizza and beer. We’re all adults. We all know you are the victor. Maybe it would help if Kiva got to know us better.”

Cynthia seemed puzzled at first, then the mischievous grin returned. “Good idea,” she said, “I know what we can do. I’ll get the photos and the hard drives.”

Kiva surprised me again. I expected her to turn down the invitation and run for the mountains as quickly as possible after how she was treated that night. Even though her husband thought they should leave, Kiva insisted that they would stay. We let her use our bathroom and shower to wash up. I gave her one of my jerseys to keep. She took a long time in the bathroom. When Cynthia walked her to the kitchen table, Kiva was wearing only my oversized jersey extending to her knees, instead of the clothes she brought with her. It was clear that she had been crying in the bathroom. But she also had a look of resignation.  She dutifully took her place at to the table next to her husband and across from Cynthia and I. She was generally subdued but remained friendly and polite as Cynthia and I shared our pictures and videos of our college days. And you know, once Cynthia and I start talking about college years, we can go on for hours. And we did. And Kiva sat through it all.

At first, Kiva’s agreeability to stay for so long seemed odd. Her face, voice and body language all projected submissiveness. Then it all made sense. Seeing her in her bare feet and wet hair, wearing nothing but a shirt that bore our names on her back, gave me a peculiar sense that we now owned her as our property. She had never lost a fight before and now she was telling the world in her own way that someone is her master. I think she stayed because she thought we wanted her to stay. I honestly believe that if we ordered her to scrub the floors and clean the windows, she would have done so. In truth, we never told her to stay and she could have left anytime she wanted. In the wee hours of the morning, she actually asked for our permission to go home.

I suppose that’s the psychology of female catfights. It establishes a pecking order of superior and inferior. I think Kiva handled it as graciously as she could and I respect her for that.  I like Kiva. I see her around sometimes and we are on good terms. I think she is a good soul and I will root for her when she fights anyone other than Cynthia.

As for me, I am a happy man. I know that I will have to live with my failed NFL career for the rest of my life. I came to peace with it a long time ago. I know some people still call me Draft Bust, but that’s their problem, not mine. I’m proud of my football career and I prefer to only remember the good times. Life is too short for regrets and negativity. I realize some say I’m living in the past, but I disagree. My past is part of my present. If my college career helps inspire one person to be successful in any field, then it is all worth it.

Thanks for reading and keep following your dreams,
Josh
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 03:35:22 AM by Kiva »
Don’t bother walking a mile in my shoes. That would be boring. Spend thirty seconds in my head. That’ll freak you right out.

Offline Tiberius J.C.

• God Member
  • Profile pic: James Mason as Tiberius in "A.D."
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2023, 12:36:31 AM »
Brilliant! Wonderfully vivid, convincing, witty…  — and wickedly sexy.

Offline h_k

• God Member
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2023, 10:15:53 AM »
It's a pity the Trumps aren't more like the Garrisons. If only Trump could have been big enough to say "Look, I was great on The Apprentice but the step-up from reality TV to the White House was too much for me. My presidency was a disaster. I panicked over covid and a lot more people died than needed to. I embarrassed the whole country and myself on the world stage. And after four years of dithering and confusion, I heard from the electorate the devastating news. I was released."

Then Melania would be the one in denial, fighting mad and blaming everyone but her husband for the failure of his presidency ("it was the idiots he hired / China / the Deep State / George Soros / the media / Rosie O'Donnell / a diabolic pedophile ring run from the basement of a pizza parlor in Washington that doesn't have a basement …")

And instead of classified documents, they'd have a house full of unsold MAGA merchandise, along with Covfefe coffee mugs, videos of him curtseying for the Saudi king, worshipping a glass orb, not knowing how to close an umbrella, and t-shirts with some of his most inane pronouncements ("“Our army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports", … "Perhaps if you injected bleach into the lungs", … "President Putin says it's not Russia. I don't see any reason why it would be", …"I meant 'why it wouldn't be'" …).

I think a job in a car dealership would suit Trump just fine. Better than going to prison, isn't it? And a catpin might even wake Melania from her coma. Perhaps we should send her one.

Offline coachzzz

« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2023, 07:46:46 PM »
Great writing as always, Kiva.   

One of the things about these Catpin Chronicles stories is the chance to see a different perspective on the same events, and it sometimes clarifies what happened in the original story, as well as its aftermath.   It happened previously in Kelli's story of her first time at the Palace.  I think it just happened again here. 

As we know, Tom's character, betrayed your character by posting the video of this loss inappropriately.   These actions are and were despicable, and I don't blame your character one bit for feeling betrayed.   I do want to draw the attention to how you described the aftermath of the fight with Cynthia from Josh's perspective.   Josh is a neutral observer regarding you and Tom.  He viewed your behavior after the fight as passive and submissive.   If he viewed it that way, you can be sure Tom (who knows your character's mannerisms inside and out) saw it even more clearly than Josh did.   I think that scene was a large reinforcement of what happened in the fight, and somehow influenced Tom (in his mixed-up mind) to do what he did.  I always thought that Tom's actions were way out of left field, but seeing that scene from a different slant gives me an idea as to how he could have managed to convince himself to do what he did.  It isn't an excuse for what he did--rather it is an investigation of what might have contributed to the event.   

As always, your writing gives us readers much psychological food for thought.   Thank you for your great work. 

Offline FyreCracka

• God Member
  • A husband and wife catfight writing team
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2023, 05:38:59 PM »
Another fantastic chapter, Kiva! I liked Cynthia and Josh as characters in the original story- pretty obvious since they both appear in one of my chapters (thanks for letting me borrow them). Now I like them even more after learning more about what makes them "tick". I especially enjoyed getting to know Josh better... he definitely fits my "type" so I might be a little biased.  ;)

As usual, we get a high quality product. All the great storytelling and psychological stuff that makes our minds and imaginations run wild, the deeper development of characters we already know- or think we know, as well as it being well written and edited,

One of my favorite things about the Chronicles is that makes the "catpin universe" feel more alive. Most of the time in the real world heroes and villains are usually determined by perspective. That's what we get here- an alternate perspective from a pretty good dude :)

I'll also add that for me, stories narrated by one of the fighters significant others are only second to the those from the fighter's own pov. Knowing what we know now, I can't help but to wonder how this chapter would sound coming from Tom.

Thanks for sharing this gem.
Fyre: a 5' 5 1/2", 130lbs, 39 years old, blonde hair and brown eyed brawler.

If you're interested in being in a story feel free to contact us.

We are now on Trillian: Fyrecracka

Offline Kiva

• God Member
  • Critical Care RN
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2023, 04:25:37 AM »
Thank you all for your comments and Likes or if you simply read this story and enjoyed it. Coachzzz and Kelli, you are right. Tom’s perspective would add another dimension to this tale and could be important as he will be reentering Kiva’s Fight Journal at some point.

As a writer, the alternate pov allows you to be crazily creative. I reread my Catpin Chronicles Chapter 6 “A Crazy Broad Named Kiva”’ by The General. I had to stop several times and ask myself, “Did I really write that?” How else do i get an excuse to pretend I’m an 80-year-old crotchety. ignorant, sexist, male former military officer? I remember having a blast trying to come up with his zinger lines. So yes, the Chronicles is great practice and loads of fun  :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 04:42:30 AM by Kiva »
Don’t bother walking a mile in my shoes. That would be boring. Spend thirty seconds in my head. That’ll freak you right out.

Offline papillon

• God Member
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2023, 01:38:53 PM »
What's particularly impressive about this is that Josh turns out to be a likeable and well-rounded character. His story is neither altogether tragic nor altogether comic and even transcends the tragicomic because he's aware that his life is somewhat absurd but has come to terms with it. He also speaks with a unique voice and remains in character throughout the narrative. He can't resist rehashing the whole sad story of his football career before getting to the point - the quarrel that arose out of it and the ensuing fight - but then it turns out there is a subject dearer to his own heart than himself: his wife.
Again, when it comes to his response to the fight, you've resisted all the clichés of the genre. He's relieved, obviously, that his wife has won, but he isn't screaming "break her back" at the end there, when she has Kiva at her mercy; and, while he 'gets it', he's (mildly) disapproving of the gleeful retribution that follows.
There are some wonderful lines too: "She did something unthinkable. She spat on our school logo. … It was as if she just kicked a baby bear cub in front of its mama.". LOL. Quite!

Offline GillianTangles

• Tangling with an aggressive woman thrills me
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2023, 03:09:44 PM »
Layered through the length of this story is a fine exploration of the nature and psychology of competition between women. I enjoyed reading that very much: well done!
Wanna tangle? I do!

Offline bigfan877

« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2023, 09:07:11 PM »
I love these second looks, Josh seems level headed and comes off well in both this and in Kelly's story. I really like how both you and Josh misunderstood the after match stuff, and the realization you probably over punished yourself, it wasn't what Josh intended.

Offline Kiva

• God Member
  • Critical Care RN
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2023, 06:00:08 AM »
Finally, you get to meet my future ex-husband. Pour yourself a beer to cry in.  :'(

Catpin Chronicles – Chapter 10

One For My Baby
By Dr. Thomas Raines as told to Jake Rose

You would never know it
But buddy, I’m kind of a poet
And I got a lot of things I’d like to say
And if I’m gloomy
Please listen to me
‘Till it’s talked away

Well, that’s how it goes
And Joe, I know you’re getting anxious to close
Anyway, thanks for the cheer   
I hope you didn’t mind my bending your ear
But this torch that I’ve found
It’s gotta be drowned
Or it’s gonna explode
Make it one for my baby
And another for the road
-Johnny Mercer/Harold Arlen
-sung by Frank Sinatra

She doesn’t take my calls. I’m blocked on her cell phone, email, texts, all of her social media. The only times we communicate is when I get Clarissa on weekends. Everything else is through our attorneys. It sucks. She has every right to be mad. I know it. I really hurt her. But, you know, I keep hoping. We haven’t gotten very far in the divorce settlements, so there’s still time. She keeps dragging her feet on her part, so I think maybe she doesn’t really want to go through with it. Perhaps at some subconscious level, she wants to come back. She just needs more time to get through the pain and give our marriage another chance.

Ma’am, can I have another gin and tonic…and another rye on the rocks for my friend.

It’s my fault. I take full responsibility for it. She never in a million years deserved what I did to her. You probably heard something about it. Maybe Kelli told you. You know, Jake, you’re the only one I can talk to about this. If I tried to explain catfighting to most people, they’d think I’m a fucking loon. It’s something only another catfighter’s husband would understand. I appreciate you meeting me here.

Oh Kiva! Jake, look at this. Her face is my cell phone wall paper. That’s her on our wedding day. God, that face. Those eyes. And here she is when she was pregnant. What an angel.
Did I ever tell you how Kiva and I met? I did my residency at a large teaching hospital. Kiva was an ICU nurse. I first saw her during my internship year. One thing about teaching hospitals is that you have a lot of residents and students in all different disciplines. Most of them are young and single, so, you know, stuff happens. There was a lot of dating going on, a lot of hookups, one nighters, engagements, breakups and marriages. When I was an intern, the ICU was the place to be if you were a single guy. It had the best-looking nurses, some of them were pretty wild. It was a real soap opera. They were great nurses, but there was always some crazy drama going on. Then there was Kiva.

I quickly learned two things about Kiva. One, she was a fantastic ICU nurse. Second, she was gorgeous. She had this long dark hair that she kept tied back and these killer blue eyes. But here’s the thing. She stayed away from all the drama. She was all business. She showed up, did a kick ass job, then went home. The guys all noticed her, but we didn’t know a whole lot about her. We knew she was single; she was rumored to be dating someone outside the hospital. I wouldn’t say she was standoffish. Kiva was personable and had a great sense of humor. She was great at professional communication, but in casual conversation, she more than held her own, but just didn’t give you a whole lot of info about herself. Kiva was the nurse you hoped got assigned to your patient. It meant your patient was in excellent hands. It also meant you had the perfect opportunity to talk with her. Occasionally, some resident would try to hit on her and end up falling flat on his face. We heard she had a self-imposed rule against dating anyone who worked at the hospital. Most of us didn’t bother to try. A lot of guys were too intimidated by her to ask her out.

One night, my life changed. I was on call in the ICU the same time Kiva was working an overnight shift. As fate would have it, we shared the same patient, an unfortunate man who suffered a massive heart attack and went into cardiogenic shock. He was rushed to the cardiac cath lab to open up his blocked coronary artery, but his heart pump was very weak and he couldn’t maintain a good blood pressure. He wound up on a ventilator and hooked up to an artificial device to assist his heart in contracting. He was sent to the ICU where Kiva and I were tasked with getting him through the night. It was scary. The room was a jungle of tubes, wires, monitors, artificial gadgets, pumps, IV poles and bags, and one barely alive human body. And there was Kiva in the middle of it all, calm as could be, adjusting doses, sticking in IV catheters, changing oxygen settings, running here, dashing there. I mean, she was a consummate pro. I don’t think she sat down once.

Morning came and our shifts ended. I was heading out of the ICU, when I caught a glimpse of Kiva inside the break room giving report to the next shift’s nurse. I stopped and waited. I needed to thank her. I waited outside the break room. And waited, trying not to look like a loitering fool. Finally, she came out with her coat and handbag, clearly exhausted. “Are you leaving?” I asked. What a dumb question.

“Yes, I’m going home to crash.”

“Well, I just want to say, thanks for all your hard work overnight. You did an amazing job.”

“Thank you.”

“Well, I think I’ll go home and do the same.”

As she started to walk past me. I impulsively blurted out words I immediately wish I hadn’t. I think the sleep deprivation took away my filter, or at least my inhibitions and fear of rejection.

“Kiva, I’m going out for breakfast. Would you like to join me?” What am I doing? I thought. The poor woman can barely stand and why did I really think she’d waste her time with me? “Uh, I mean, after all your hard work overnight, the least I could do is treat you to breakfast.”

She paused for moment and looked at her watch. Oh shit, here comes the rejection. I can already hear it. I’d love to, but you see, I just don’t have time and I really need to get home and…

“Okay, where do you want to meet?”

WHAT! Did hear that right? Did Kiva Sheppard just agree to have breakfast with me? It was as if the gods smiled on me after a long brutal night in the ICU. I couldn’t believe my good fortune.

Fifteen minutes later, we sat across from one another at a quaint café near the hospital. Her hair now flowed past her shoulders to her back. She wore very little makeup – a light foundation and a touch of mascara around slightly bleary eyes, no lipstick. I’m sure she didn’t think she looked beautiful at that moment. This woman just spent twelve hours on her feet, at a time when most people are asleep, doing everything humanly possible to keep a man alive. Yet, fatigue did nothing to diminish her beauty. I looked at Kiva and saw a frontline warrior who just returned from a battle. My lovely breakfast companion was smart, selfless, and very tired…and she was sexy. That was the moment I fell in love with her.

I still remember what we ate. Kiva ordered eggs benedict and I had a Spanish omelet. Out of the hospital, Kiva was different and seemed to make a deliberate effort to not talk about work. She was a good conversationalist. I got the sense she could talk about anything. I learned she graduated from Yale and she loved classic rock music and red wine. We talked about movies, our favorite forms of live music, wineries we had visited and even sports. She said very little about her personal life. Did she have a boyfriend? Why would she even reveal that? We were just two colleagues from work unwinding before returning to our homes.

We finished breakfast. Kiva wanted separate checks but finally relented to my insistence on picking up the tab. This was my golden opportunity. I may never get another chance like this. It was now or never. There was no turning back.

“Kiva?” I asked just before we rose from the table. “May I call you?”

She paused and stared at the table for a few seconds as if she was contemplating the final Jeopardy question.

“Um, yeah…okay,” she answered, as if it were an afterthought. She took a pen and sticky note out of her hand bag and scribbled her number on it before handing it to me. “Thanks for breakfast,” she smiled. “Now I got to get to sleep.” Not exactly an enthusiastic response to the idea of dating me.

We walked to our cars and said our goodbyes. Before we parted, I approached her with my arms out in a hug formation. She allowed me to wrap my arms around her back and gently pull her to my chest for a second before backing away. “You were really good yourself last night,” she murmured. Hearing those words from Kiva, I couldn’t help myself from imagining her voice saying that line in a different circumstance.

Ma’am, another refill. Yes, rye on the rocks and gin and tonic. Thank you.

It took about a week for me to get enough courage to call. Now fully rested and with hindsight, I analyzed and overanalyzed our breakfast conversation. Why did she have breakfast with me when she was obviously exhausted? She gave me her number. That must mean something, right? Did she really see me as a potential romantic partner or was she just too nice to turn me down right on the spot? Sometimes women give you their number, then when you ask them out, they give you a litany of excuses. Finally, I called. Our conversation was brief, but yes, Kiva accepted a dinner with me.

Our first real date was at an upscale Italian restaurant. I offered to pick her up, but Kiva wanted us to meet there. I arrived first. When Kiva walked in, she was stunning in her blue dress. She gave me a little hug and a peck on the cheek and we sat down at the table.

This encounter was much different than our breakfast. She was wide awake and animated. She carried the conversation, touching on an even larger array of topics. She was bright, funny and charming. I had to do very little. Again, she avoided talking about work but had a lot to say about healthcare in general. This woman was smart. The time seemed way too short. I would’ve talked to her all night. Did we sleep together that night? Nope. I received another peck on the cheek and Kiva headed home.

There would be a third date and a fourth. There were dinners, movies, and more conversations. Kiva was opening up more. I learned she had three brothers; she was half Irish and half Jewish but raised as a conservative Christian. She lived in several places in the northeast and was Phi Beta Kappa at Yale. She had an extensive music collection of different genres and knew a lot about science and history. I told her she should be a Jeopardy contestant. She read a lot, liked to write short stories and dabbled in guitar, oil painting, poetry and songwriting. She amazed me more and more each time I saw her. It was as if both sides of her brain were turbo charged – an intellectual powerhouse who was creative as hell. And…Kiva showed a growing interest in knowing more about me. There was one complication, though. I had a girlfriend back home who was in graduate school. The long distant relationship was difficult to maintain. I ended it. I could now pursue Kiva without feeling conflicted or that I was living a double life.

Our relationship progressed, albeit slowly. It was months before it got physical. Maybe it was Kiva’s conservative upbringing. I also heard she had a bad breakup. Perhaps she was being cautious. It seemed to me that Kiva was simply the type of woman who wants to know you well before hopping into bed. When we did become intimate, it was more than worth the wait. I thought of those bumper stickers and T shirts saying “Nurses Do It Better.” I know that’s sexist and insulting, but sometimes I wonder if nurses’ technical proficiency with human bodies helps make them naturally good lovers. Nurses are good at reading their patients’ silent cues to know when they’re in pain, stressed, fearful. Great sex is about communication and give and take, and reading your partner. Kiva and I had that. I just knew that Kiva was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

Finally, it happened. One night we were making out in Kiva’s apartment. I was so overwhelmed that I impulsively uttered the fateful line, “you know I love you.” She abruptly pulled away. She looked shocked.

“What? Really...Really?”

My heart sunk. We never reached the point where we discussed what each of us wanted from the relationship. Now I raised the stakes into the stratosphere. Kiva sat there expressionless looking at the floor. I said something she was not prepared to hear and for a horrifying moment, I had no idea where our relationship stood.

“Look, Tom,” she said. “Maybe we should call it a night.”

“I’m sorry. I- “

“I’ll call you in the morning,” she told me as she walked me to the door. Just like that. The woman I thought would be the love my life just sent me home.

After an agonizing sleepless night, Kiva kept to her word and called me at 7:00 am. “Hey, can we talk?” she asked. Fearing the worst, I could barely answer. She confirmed she was caught off guard by my awkward proclamation. “I needed to be alone last night to put together my thoughts and feelings for you,” she continued. Then came the magic words, “I want you to know that I’ve fallen in love with you and I want us to be a couple.”

Kiva and I have been together ever since. Well, until now. With our relationship solidified, we both struck a balance between our careers and time with each other. She taught me a lot about many different things like music and art and I taught her how to play golf. She turned out to be pretty good at it. It’s funny, it seemed that women now paid more attention to me, even flirting more. They say that a man becomes more attractive when he’s with a beautiful woman. I was the guy that hooked Kiva Sheppard, so I must have had something, right?

Life was good. The sheer complexity of this woman both fascinated and puzzled me. She was extraordinarily talented in several ways, but somewhat of an enigma. I often wondered why a Yale Phi Beta Kappa member chose nursing, when she could have been anything. I know that sounds condescending to the great field of nursing. Kiva, herself, resents being asked why she’s “just a nurse”. But when you see her in action, it’s almost hard to envision her doing anything else. Her dedication, her technical wizardry, her style of speaking to patients is pure poetry.

We tried to keep our relationship low profile in the hospital, only communicating in public professionally or at lunch. Kiva had always been reluctant to date someone at work, so she didn’t want our relationship to be a distraction. Sometimes, she had fun with it. Kiva was very skilled at making inexperienced interns look good in the ICU. Once, I was with my supervising attending professor at the bedside of a man going into respiratory failure. The gruff old doc grumbled, “Dr. Raines, what do you propose we do?” Kiva saw me floundering and swooped right in for the rescue. Right in front of the professor she says, “Dr. Raines, I have the BiPAP mask you ordered set to 10/5 pressure and 10 liters of oxygen.” The thing was, I didn’t order it. Kiva knew what to do and ran with it, then gave me totally undeserved credit. The funny part was when the professor looked at me and said, “that’s good clinical thinking Dr. Raines. Good job.” ….. Oh Kiva.

We dated for three years. I finished my residency, then went into training to become a cardiologist. That was the perfect time to get married. We had a wonderful honeymoon in Montego Bay. We rented an apartment for a while, then bought a house. Kiva gave birth to our little girl, Clarissa. Everything was great. I was offered a position at the teaching hospital where I trained. Then, one of my mentors took a department chair job at University Hospital here and brought me along. It was too good of an offer to pass up. So that’s why we came to Texas. At first, I was concerned how Kiva would adjust. She lived in the northeast all her life and was leaving her family and friends. But she did just fine and was enjoying life here.

Then, as you know, Jake, things took an unexpected turn. Kiva came home one day, looking bruised and banged up. She said she was hit by an agitated dementia patient. Oddly, she didn’t report it to occupational safety which keeps track of healthcare worker injuries. Then she asked me if I had ever seen two women catfighting.

I just about fainted. I always had this fantasy about women wrestling or fighting. I think it started in 6th grade when a little girl stood up to this girl bully on the playground. She took her down and pinned her to the ground while the rest of us formed a circle around them and counted to ten. It just stuck in my mind. During adolescence, the idea of female fights seemed sexy. I have no idea why. It’s just a fantasy. I would never want to see anyone hurt. It was so confusing sometimes. I mean, I’m a doctor for God’s sake. I never mentioned it to Kiva. I didn’t need to. Our sex life was good and this was something I kept buried inside of me. But, you see, I had a few clips of old catfight videos I had hidden. I just assumed Kiva found them when she asked me that question. But that wasn’t the case. Kiva insisted she saw two women fighting and was fascinated by it. Then she asked me how I would feel if she was in a fight. I told her I wouldn’t like it which was the truth. Sure, I fantasized about Kiva in a wrestling ring or an apartment style match but never in real life. In my fantasies, Kiva always won. She was too smart and calculating, analyzing her opponents and exploiting their weaknesses.

Next, she brought the fantasy to the bedroom, the two of us roleplaying with her as a fighter and me as her cornerman. Next, she started writing short stories about female fights. Incredible. She even asked if it would be okay if she searched for another woman to arrange a safe carefully regulated fight. Of course, I told her no. It was strange. I was so excited and horrified at the same time. On one level, her fight talk was incredibly sexy. On the other hand, it sounded like it could be headed into dangerous territory. I never really thought of Kiva as an athlete. She went to the gym a lot. In high school, she was accomplished in softball and distance running, but didn’t pursue sports in college. What made her want to fight? I suggested she take martial arts classes to learn about fighting.

Then the unimaginable occurred. You know General Ruckman? Yeah, that old fart that hangs around Billy’s? Well, his wife Kyong and Kiva arranged a wrestling match in a sand bunker on the golf course. Yeah, the coffin. Did you hear about that? And they did it topless in front of me and the General. Watching them role around in the sand, sweating, grunting, shrieking was the sexiest thing I’d ever seen in my life. It was so surreal. It was like I was in a trance. There was my bride, my love, covered in sand with her tits hanging out, getting all tied up and stretched by a little Asian woman one minute, then dominating the next. Kiva went home the winner. We took a shower together and…let’s just say I never looked at her the same way again. But in a good way. Kiva explained that fighting was really a personification of the competitiveness that most women feel, that it’s an honest expression and is more noble than the lying and gossiping that many women engage in to hurt each other.

So, I went online to research the current affairs of the catfight world. That’s how I found the catpin site. I searched for catfighters in our area. First, I saw Kelli’s profile, and then, there it was, my baby was officially a catfighter. Her so-called hospital accident was actually a fight with Freda, one of our interns who she knocked out. I was furious she didn’t tell me. What the hell was she thinking? If she wanted to fight, she shouldn’t have done it behind my back. At least I could have helped prevent her from getting injured. I learned about Kelli’s fight with Danielle MegaHurtz at Billy’s. I had a funny feeling, so I went there. And sure enough, there was Kiva. She lied to me. Well, you know the rest of the story. Kiva got into the cage and knocked out some redheaded skank. We had a big argument that night. Finally, we came to an agreement that we would be honest with each other from that point onward.

Kiva started working with a boxing trainer when she realized she had good punching power, then planned to study other disciplines. She won a few more fights. She beat a tough woman named Luanne in a dance studio. There was a boxing match with another skank at Billy’s. Then she started to get cocky. She fought this mousy social worker named Claire and agreed to stakes that, if she lost, she would take Claire’s nerdy brother’s virginity. I was pissed. Can you imagine? That scrawny geek boffing my wife? Kiva had a nightmare about it and had a panic attack before the match. As smart as she is, she can be incredibly off the wall sometimes.

But we were doing well. Catfighting added a whole new dimension to our relationship. It was exciting, it was sexy, and it was nerve wracking. We were closer than ever. We were happy. And then came the Cynthia fight.

You already know what happened, so I won’t go through it all. Cynthia was Clarissa’s cheerleading coach. She and Kiva arranged a fight in a ring at their house. In the days before the fight, they had a bitter exchange of words, the insults ran deep, and it turned into a kind of grudge match. Everything about that night was strange. There was college football stuff all over the house. Kiva joked that even their turds came out red with the number 18 imprinted on them. Cynthia was very cold to us; Josh tried to be hospitable and at least chatted with us.

Josh took us to their guest room for Kiva to change and assured us we’d have privacy. When he closed the door, Kiva and I were alone, and immediately the air seemed to change. We never had quiet moments to ourselves before her fights. I wasn’t even there for some of them. The fight with Claire the social worker was a farce. I was too much in shock for the Kyong wrestling match. She ran into the cage without me for the Ginger fight. She had her trainers at the boxing match at Billy’s. This time, she was in a fight with an accomplished athlete and I was really her cornerman. We both took a deep breath and looked at each other.

“Are you okay,” I asked

“Yeah.”

“You ready?”

“As ready as I’m gonna be.”

She started to strip. First, she kicked off her sandals and removed her top, then the shorts, then the bra. Wearing only her white panties, she began to bounce on her feet, shaking her arms and legs. I couldn’t help but notice her tits bouncing up and down in rhythm with the rest of her body. She stopped only to nervously pace around the room. She was feeling anxious and so was I. Finally, the panties came off. She walked to the opposite side of the bed, looking at her reflection in a full-length mirror, her lovely ass in full view.

“Tom?” she asked, her eyes fixed on the mirror. “Can you hand me my hair brush, It’s in my gym bag. And my hair bungees.”

As I rummaged through her bag, I was struck by an overwhelming feeling of love for my wife. She was pulling her hair back with her hands, her waist slightly bent. All of a sudden, I was a mischievous fourteen-year-old kid again. Taking a towel from the bag, I stretched it back, moved into close range, and aimed for Kiva’s immaculate bare butt. Snap!

“Hey! What the…What are you DOING? Give me my brush.”

“Come get it.” I repeatedly tossed the brush in the air, catching, then releasing with alternate hands like a juggler, quickly snatching it out of the air as Kiva tried to lunge for it.

“I don’t have time for this crap,” she complained. “Give it to me.”

“Make me.”

“Okay then.” Kiva took one step toward me, cocked her right hand, then buried her fist into my belly. I doubled over, moaned, then fell backward onto the bed, releasing the brush. It was the first and only time I felt Kiva’s punch. I feigned being hurt, but it was a harder punch than I expected. Kiva stood over me, giggling.

“Thank you,” she said as she reached for the brush. As she bent over, I seized her arm and pulled her onto the bed with me. Her squeal turned to laughter as I rolled her over and positioned myself on top of my beautiful naked wife, supported by my elbows. We kissed. We meshed our lips, then my mouth worked its way to her ears, her neck, the upper part of her chest. I noticed her nipples begin to stiffen. That was one thing about Kiva. Whenever she got turned on, her nipples always gave it away. I worked my tongue toward the left one while gently caressing the right one.

“Stop!” she ordered, pushing me back. “We can’t. Not now.” Kiva was right. She was about to have a tough fight and needed to get into the proper mental zone. I rolled off of her and we sat and the edge of the bed. At least now, the tension had broken. She rose from the bed, gave me a peck on the cheek, reminiscent of our first breakfast together, then walked back to the mirror with her hair brush and bungee band. After tying her hair into a bun, she walked back toward where I was still seated. I stood, we faced each other, then embraced. I thought about how her bare breasts pressing against me was much different than our first polite quick hug. “I love you, Tom,” she whispered. And I thought about how I thought I ruined our relationship when I first said those words to her.

I sat back down on the bed and Kiva followed, settling on my lap. I just held her, rubbing her shoulders, massaging her back. Our eyes met. We said nothing, we didn’t kiss. Our eyes said everything. Hers are so beautiful and blue. I was never happier and felt so lucky that she was my wife. My wife, my lover, mother to our daughter, an extraordinary nurse, a friend to so many, a warrior. It was one of those rare indescribable moments, a moment that I never wanted to end.

“My panties,’ she said, “I need my blue panties.” She retrieved the blue underwear from her gym bag. “Here they are.”

“I think those panties are lonely,” I said. “We have a present for you, Miss Blue.” I spoke. “We are going adopt a sister for you. She’s red. You two are going to get along just great.” Kiva passed her feet through them, pulled them up to her waist, then returned to my lap. Of course, after that day, we would never see Kiva’s blue panties again.

Kiva regained her focus on the fight, resuming her warmup stretches. “These people are ridiculous, I never wanted to beat anyone as much as I want to beat Cynthia.”

Knock. Knock. “You guys ready?” Josh asked. Kiva rose, put on her white terry cloth robe, and stretched one last time before we headed to the ring.

The situation got even weirder with all of those cheerleaders. I held the ropes open for Kiva as she entered the ring. I must say, that experience gave me a rush. I was a second, a cornerman and a valet to my beautiful fighter, like a worker bee tending to its queen. Then, Cynthia arrived wearing Josh’s jersey. When both ladies disrobed to their panties, I could see what Kiva was talking about. Cynthia was certainly beautiful. Wearing her husband’s football number on the back side of her panties seemed to take devotion to another level. Cynthia looked daunting; athletic, tightly muscled but feminine. Her boobs looked lively and firm. She showed off her flexibility and athleticism by her warm up exercises. And one other thing – she looked angry.

Kiva, for her part, looked confident. As I massaged her neck, back, and shoulders, I felt twinges of uneasiness as I gave her words of encouragement. I was more intimidated by Cynthia than Kiva was. Kiva looked like she was taking in the moment and couldn’t wait to start. She never fought in a ring before and it was clear she was excited. Once again, the nipples were betraying her.

Well Jake, I won’t bore you with the blow-by-blow details of the fight. All I will say is that it was a great back and forth fight with both ladies going at it hard. I was proud of Kiva. She’s not the natural athlete Cynthia is, but she hit Cynthia with a lot of shots and took some herself. She’s a better striker than a wrestler, but she showed off some grappling ability in this fight.

Flash forward to the end. Kiva had Cynthia in big trouble, but didn’t move in quickly for the kill. She wasted time and actually spit on this silly school logo they have in the middle of the ring. Kiva insists it was unintentional, but I’m not sure about that. Anyway, all it did was infuriate Cynthia to get off the canvas and beat the stuffings out of Kiva. She drove my wife into a corner and hit her with a hurricane of blows. When Kiva fell, Cynthia choked her with her legs just inches away from me. I thought it was over then, but Cynthia released her hold and dragged Kiva on her belly to the center of the ring where Kiva spat.

The most indelible image I have of the fight is Kiva’s face as Cynthia dragged her off. You see, we made eye contact. Kiva was glassy eyed but I know she saw me. I’ve looked into those blue eyes many times. Like when we had that first breakfast, when I realized I was in love with her, when we were in the dressing room just before the fight. It’s a bond only lovers know. It’s how Kiva and I communicate and as I watched distance between us grow more and more as Kiva was hauled away by Cynthia, like a hunter lugging a deer carcass. I knew she was trying to tell me something. It felt like a goodbye. Like a prisoner saying goodbye to a lover before being taken to a place of execution. And in a way, it was an execution. Cynthia would finish her off. Kiva certainly didn’t lose her life, but part of her identity would be lost and replaced with something else. I’ll explain more in a minute.

But first, another round, Jake? Ma’am, over here.

Yeah, Cynthia laid it on thick. She smeared Kiva into the canvas, made her kiss the logo, forced her to say she was a nobody, did a victory pose, took her blue panties and spat on her. She even did a dance in ring with the cheerleaders. It’s weird and it feels helpless to not intervene. When your wife is on the wrong side of a victory pose, you just want to knock the winner on her ass and say “Get the fuck away from her?” You just want to pick up your woman, take her home, clean her up and love on her. I’m sure that’s how you felt with Kelli’s losses. Right? But, no, the women have this understanding. Victory poses, taking panties, bikini tops are the winner’s prerogative.

When Cynthia was finally done, Kiva was still getting harassed by this little shit cheerleader I had to chase off. I threw Kiva’s terry cloth robe over her and got her out of the ring by sliding her under the lower rope. I picked her up and carried her back to the guest room, gently placing her on the bed. She was stunned, dehydrated, and had several scratches and I could see bruises were appearing. I told her I loved her and she fought a hell of a fight but she said nothing. She took water and I went over her face and body with a wet towel, wiping away grime, sweat, and spit. The eyes started to brighten but she remained quiet. I remembered we had brought a bottle of her favorite Cabernet Sauvignon red wine to celebrate if she had won. That bottle would remain unopened. “Let’s go home, honey,” I whispered to her.

That’s when Josh and Cynthia shocked us by asking us to stay for pizza and beer. No way, I thought. Do they want to be friends? How do you repair a relationship after what just happened? We declined at first, but Kiva shocked us with a reversal and agreed to stay. “Are you kidding me?’ I asked.

“I have to do this,” was her answer. She repeated, “I HAVE to do this.” I wondered if she wasn’t delirious. The Garrisons let Kiva use the bathroom to shower and change while they gave me a seat at their kitchen table. As we waited for Kiva, they brought out boxes of old photos and set up scores of pic files on their computer. When Kiva reemerged from the bathroom, she was wearing one of Josh’s jerseys that the Garrisons had given her. I couldn’t believe it. She brought another set of clean clothes; why the fuck was she wearing that? It was also evident from her eyes that she had been crying.

Kiva sat down next to me as the Garrison’s offered her pizza and beer. We then spent several hours hearing their college stories, looking at their photos and watching videos of their sports competitions. There was no mention of the fight. No negative words were spoken. Kiva’s countenance had changed. Instead of looking like a devastated woman, she had this acquiescence about her. She frequently added her comments to the Garrison’s stories and even laughed at their bad jokes. I got the feeling that she was done crying and decided to accept her situation. Then I started to see it. Her decision to wear the jersey was a sign of submission to let the Garrison’s know that she was ready to be their subordinate. Her voice had the passivity of a polite little girl addressing a friend’s parents at a sleepover. I could now see that she was staying with the Garrisons due to a sense of obligation. Cynthia and Josh wanted an audience to hear their excruciating stories and Kiva was there to provide it, regardless of how much time it cost. Now I understood what her eyes were saying to me in the final moments of the fight. The Kiva that entered the house with me was indeed saying goodbye.

I was mesmerized. I had never seen Kiva like this. She left the crushed defeated woman in the shower and came out with a new identity. But, in embracing her inferior status, she had this grace about her. Sitting across the table from her conqueror, instead of being a broken bawling mess, Kiva managed to make subservience look dignified, beautiful…and sexy.

The Garrisons were remarkably gracious for the rest of the night. They treated Kiva and I well, with the exception of us enduring their boring stories. Sometime way after midnight, we parted.

We resumed our normal lives. Kiva was sore for weeks. She needed more time to heal mentally and emotionally, but she planned to eventually fight again. I did everything I could to build her back up. We still had to face Cynthia; we didn’t want to take Clarissa out of cheerleading because of her parents’ conflicts. In retrospect, fighting someone who works with your kids is not the best idea. Kiva and I didn’t talk too much about the fight or its aftermath. I repeatedly told her that she fought very well and defeating Cynthia was within her grasp.

I never told Kiva how beautiful she was in defeat and how I was impressed by her resignation of it. I wish I had. I was afraid that she would misinterpret it into thinking I enjoyed seeing her physically or emotionally hurt. She was just as sexy and desirable in her subjection to the Garrison’s as she was in victory. I didn’t expect to feel that way, but I did. I thought about it for weeks. One night, I dreamed that I was a young peasant farm boy married to a beautiful servant girl. I worked in the fields all day while she toiled in the overlord’s house under the direction of his wife. The harsh conditions, long days of labor and mistreatment, and orders for my wife to report to the noble’s bedchamber couldn’t extinguish our dignity and love for each other. 

I thought of a time in the ICU when a young man went into cardiac arrest after a cocaine binge. We attempted to resuscitate him for over an hour. Kiva had a central role in the code blue, working her butt off. In spite of our efforts, he died. Afterward, Kiva was demoralized, exhausted and deeply stressed. All I wanted to do was hug her. Her efforts caused me to love her even more. She looked just as strangely  beautiful after a crushing tragedy. The next day, she was back at work with a different patient in a new situation. Maybe that’s what love is; always being there for your partner and seeing the beauty in them no matter how adverse the conditions.

So, Jake, why did I do what I did? I wish I had a good answer for that. It’s inexcusable, really. I’ll try explain the best I can. I was on the catpin site looking at some of the local action. Then, with a little time to kill, I went to this fetish site and started watching catfight clips. I’m not a big fan of these sites. You know, there are a lot of guys pretending to be women, trying to fulfill some fantasy. I’m watching these clips that have humiliating endings for one of the women, complete with victory poses. And these guys act like it’s the greatest thing ever. I’m thinking, that’s nothing compared to what Kiva endured. She’s so much better than all the winners and losers in this clip. And so much sexier. I’ll show them a real woman. The funny thing was that I didn’t think I was betraying Kiva at the time. I thought she probably wouldn’t really mind, since she had moved on from the Cynthia fight. Man, was I wrong. It was a terrible betrayal. I’ve always been disgusted with how guys on these sites post bullshit stories and pics of their wives and girlfriends without their knowledge or permission. Well, guess what? I became one of them.

Oh Kiva. I’m so sorry. Just talk to me. It’ll be better next time. What do you want me to do? Do you like guys fighting? I’ll do it. I heard she was seen with one of our residents who fights and is a womanizer. I couldn’t believe it. She hated guys like that.

It’s getting late. Thanks for listening Jake. It’s last call. One more?

We had such a great life together. I fucked up. But it was wonderful. I know we can get it back again. I’m not saying it was perfect. We’re all human. I’m sure you and Kelli had some bumps on the road.  I’m not perfect. No one is.

And Kiva is certainly not perfect. No Sir. Far from it. She was fast and efficient and incredible at work, but at home, she was kind of a slob. You could always tell when she was in the kitchen. There would be crumbs all over the counter. And she’d leave clothes in the dryer for days before putting them away. And what a procrastinator. She paid bills right at the due date. And she had this habit of singing or humming whenever she was working on something.

And you know what drove me nuts? As smart as she was, could be a real airhead sometimes. I think her head was in the clouds half the time. Sometimes she would tune out while I was talking to her. Probably thinking about some song in her head or a story she was making up. It drove me nuts. It was rude as hell. Well, you know what? I don’t need it. Fuck that! Fuck you, Kiva! You hear me, fuck you! Go ahead and run around with Frank or whoever. I don’t need you! FUCK YOU!

I…Oh, I, Oh my God, I’m sorry, Jake. I’m so sorry. And I’m sorry, Kiva. I didn’t mean it. I really didn’t . I..I.

“Sir, are you okay. Here, we have tissues.”

I’m okay ma’am.

“Well, we’re going to be closing soon. That will be your last drink. I think you’ve had enough. Can your friend take you home or do you want us to get Uber?”

Yes, this is the last one. Jake, thanks for letting me bend your ear. When is our tee time tomorrow? You’re a good friend. Here’s to friendship. Here’s to health. Here’s to you and Kelli. Here’s to happiness....And here’s to my baby.

Yes, one for my baby. And one for the road.

Here are some pics of Kiva and I in happier times.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2023, 06:27:38 AM by Kiva »

Offline coachzzz

« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2023, 05:40:01 PM »
Wow.   Just wow. 

What a mesmerizing story.   It is very hard for writers to get into the antagonist's viewpoint.  Tom is clearly the villain of the tale for doing what he did.   Yet this version of the story makes me see how he saw the events, as well as give us a major dose of backstory on both Tom and Kiva's characters.   As I suspected, the view of Kiva's character from Tom was of a changed woman, which he did not quite recognize.  His pride got in his way and caused him to make the fateful decision to post the video where it did not belong.   I don't think Tom is evil, rather misguided at times.   Unfortunately his blunder was an unforgivable one.

It was beautiful and sad, the best of times and the worst of times.  Putting this story together with your original one and the story from Josh's point of view allows us to see a completed picture of the crucial events of the night Cynthia and Kiva fought.   Tom and Kiva will never be able to reconcile, despite Tom's hopes.   The wound goes too deep.  We can only hope that the two characters move forward and find happiness elsewhere.

Thank you, Kiva, for an amazing chapter.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2023, 05:41:31 PM by coachzzz »

Offline Silent Watcher

« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2023, 02:43:44 PM »
Another great chapter as usual. The only thing I can add is: oh, the humanity!

Offline Kiva

• God Member
  • Critical Care RN
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2023, 06:46:51 PM »
Another great chapter as usual. The only thing I can add is: oh, the humanity!

Offline h_k

• God Member
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2023, 01:47:26 PM »
I think Kiva should take him back. He's obviously still head-over-heels in love with her (and no wonder, looking at her, and given all we know about her character). He hasn't flipped and gone over to the Cynthia camp. She's obviously made an impression and it would be silly in any case for him to act like a poor loser when Kiva herself was exemplary in defeat.
What Kiva doesn't get (mansplaining alert!) is that he wasn't/isn't responding to some deep-seated desire to see her humiliated. If the same humiliation had been inflicted on her by a man, or by a group of women, or she'd just somehow humiliated herself, his anger, indignation and sorrow would have been palliated (sullied?) by no sexual gratification at all. It's never the humiliation per se. It's more about emulation - sexual rivalry - two women, both ultra-competitive, both gorgeous, both filled with the spirit of emulation, and the decisive triumph of one over the other.
If this had ended with Kiva's heel on Cynthia's sternum, with Cynthia timidly raising her pelvis to allow Kiva to strip her of her panties and hold them aloft, and - before that - with Cynthia screaming, her body bent in an agonizing arc as she's forced to admit her inferiority, and with Kiva, the sexy, mocking, mischievous, exulting, triumphant winner, laying down the law to the woman, trapped one moment in an excruciating hold, lying conquered at her feet the next, it would have been every bit as much of a turn-on. And more!
Why, I won't attempt to explain, and probably couldn't, but believe me, Kiva, it's so. He loves you. He wants you back. Make him squirm a little, crawl, go down on one knee as he did when he first proposed to you, but take him back. Please. If you don't owe it to him, you owe it to yourself. Take him back.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 02:47:32 PM by h_k »

Offline Tiberius J.C.

• God Member
  • Profile pic: James Mason as Tiberius in "A.D."
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2023, 03:15:51 PM »
I think Kiva should take him back. He's obviously still head-over-heels in love with her (and no wonder, looking at her, and given all we know about her character). He hasn't flipped and gone over to the Cynthia camp. She's obviously made an impression and it would be silly in any case for him to act like a poor loser when Kiva herself was exemplary in defeat.
What Kiva doesn't get (mansplaining alert!) is that he wasn't/isn't responding to some deep-seated desire to see her humiliated. If the same humiliation had been inflicted on her by a man, or by a group of women, or she'd just somehow humiliated herself, his anger, indignation and sorrow would have been palliated (sullied?) by no sexual gratification at all. It's never the humiliation per se. It's more about emulation - sexual rivalry - two women, both ultra-competitive, both gorgeous, both filled with the spirit of emulation, and the decisive triumph of one over the other.
If this had ended with Kiva's heel on Cynthia's sternum, with Cynthia timidly raising her pelvis to allow Kiva to strip her of her panties and hold them aloft, and - before that - with Cynthia screaming, her body bent in an agonizing arc as she's forced to admit her inferiority, and with Kiva, the sexy, mocking, mischievous, exulting, triumphant winner, laying down the law to the woman, trapped one moment in an excruciating hold, lying conquered at her feet the next, it would have been every bit as much of a turn-on. And more!
Why, I won't attempt to explain, and probably couldn't, but believe me, Kiva, it's so. He loves you. He wants you back. Make him squirm a little, crawl, go down on one knee as he did when he first proposed to you, but take him back. Please. If you don't owe it to him, you owe it to yourself. Take him back.
Not for the first time, H_K's making perfect sense here. It might help if Kiva were to talk to Josh because he totally gets it, and so, I'm sure, does Jake.