News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

What is a fave movie. You could watch over, and over again??

• 528 Replies

Offline StarBear

• God Member
Re: What is a fave movie. You could watch over, and over again??
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2012, 06:27:17 PM »
Stormy, Are you wishing to be pushed down a hill by me? Cause I will always appreciate those words "As you wish" from you *huggles*

lol

Hmm maybe but Hmmmm doesn't that mean. You tumble down the hill after??  Just remember to watch your step, in the fire swamps!!

Pardon me, need to check on my ship. I am after all the dread pirate roberts!! He he he

Hmmm StarBearcup !!  Has an interesting ring to it!! 
Storm

Be careful or else my bf will track you like a falcon on cloudy day :P lol  I love you so Stormy!

I also enjoy the movies with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.  The ice cream trilogy.....though sadly it just a two-fer.  Hot fuzz and Shaun of the Dead were so much fun. 

WJ you do have my vote for Robin Hood Men in Tights. I will also add the Love Guru to that too :D

While you practice to get it right, I practice to never get it wrong.

Offline HB

• God Member
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2012, 12:22:37 AM »
I also enjoy the movies with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.  The ice cream trilogy.....though sadly it just a two-fer.  Hot fuzz and Shaun of the Dead were so much fun. 

The third film is being shot now.   Also I consider "Paul" an unofficial part of the trilogy...or quartet

Offline stormbolt7

• God Member
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2012, 01:47:19 AM »
Stormy, Are you wishing to be pushed down a hill by me? Cause I will always appreciate those words "As you wish" from you *huggles*

lol

Hmm maybe but Hmmmm doesn't that mean. You tumble down the hill after??  Just remember to watch your step, in the fire swamps!!

Pardon me, need to check on my ship. I am after all the dread pirate roberts!! He he he

Hmmm StarBearcup !!  Has an interesting ring to it!! 
Storm

Be careful or else my bf will track you like a falcon on cloudy day :P lol  I love you so Stormy!
Hmmmm just as long as you do NOT drink the Iocane powder StarBear!!
Hello my name is Inigo Montoya .. you killed my father prepare to die!!  STOP saying that!!  LOL

WJ you do have my vote for Robin Hood Men in Tights. I will also add the Love Guru to that too :D

THERE is a movie I saw out recently By some of the Shaun of the dead crew. JAUN of the dead. NO idea anything else about it ...

Robin of Locksley ... Blinken they've stolen the castle!!  "I thought it felt a bit drafty!!"  He is Achoo son of Asneeze!!

PETE major league..  CERANO will need a rocket up his ass to catch that one  BOB Euker's best character ever!! OH and YEAHHH I have used some of the lines. When company softball team is playing in the spring.. YOU may play like mays but you hit like shit!!

Mary  Hildalgo.. LOOKS great.. yet NEVER seem to get to watch the whole movie same time!! AGAIN your adding to my to watch list.. Thank you!!

Offline marydfights

• God Member
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2012, 05:22:56 AM »
Its a little bit "out there" but O Lucky Man is one of those movies i can keep watching, maybe because of the amazing musical score.

its one of those love it or hate it movies.

mary xxx
friends are those who stay and wait for an answer after asking how you are.

Offline HB

• God Member
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2012, 07:42:21 PM »
Its a little bit "out there" but O Lucky Man is one of those movies i can keep watching, maybe because of the amazing musical score.

mary xxx

Good Lord, someone else has seen O' Lucky Man .  The music by Alan Price is indeed amazing, the songs are wonderful.  Had the LP for years and WB finally issued it on CD some time ago, but it has fallen out of print.

Offline StarBear

• God Member
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2012, 01:51:00 AM »
Thanks HB for the heads up.  I thought that too about Paul but when the ice cream wasn't there (along with their press statement), I was sad.  *fingers crossed* Hope they come out with it soon.

So many good movies here on the list. This should keep me busy for a while :)
While you practice to get it right, I practice to never get it wrong.

Offline stormbolt7

• God Member
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2012, 08:38:38 PM »

mary xxx

Good Lord, someone else has seen O' Lucky Man .  The music by Alan Price is indeed amazing, the songs are wonderful.  Had the LP for years and WB finally issued it on CD some time ago, but it has fallen out of print.

JUST a note on this.. know nothing about it. YEt Mary, HB
Keep an eye out, if this is not on dvd. Through work, have seen this year. Warner has re-released a LOT of old movies onto dvd.
One of my liked historical movies, just recently getting to dvd first time..
Northwest passage, with Spencer Tracy

Anyways, will admit. Tons of titles I never have heard of. Maybe check online, see if they have online store!! If not, maybe just check for it now and then online search.
Thought I would toss that out there for you 2.

Storm 

Offline stormbolt7

• God Member
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2012, 08:41:31 PM »
Thanks HB for the heads up.  I thought that too about Paul but when the ice cream wasn't there (along with their press statement), I was sad.  *fingers crossed* Hope they come out with it soon.

So many good movies here on the list. This should keep me busy for a while :)

StarBear .. look online for Jaun of the Dead ... maybe something along the lines of your Shaun of the Dead....  Oh look, you've got red on you!!

That said.. I'm heading off to find my chaos cloak ...
(Have fun storming the castle boys!!)  You think it will work??  It would take a miracle!!  He he he

Storm

Offline PaulineG

• God Member
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2012, 11:05:49 PM »
Some of my favorite World War II movies

In Harm's Way
Patton
Destination Tokyo
Battle of The Bulge
Saving Private Ryan
The Great Escape

Are you sure you are not my husbands long lost twin? He has a top 100 war films! He was in warmonger heaven last Saturday, back to back, Battle of Britain, Anzio and Tobruk

Offline stormbolt7

• God Member
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2012, 07:11:23 AM »
Some of my favorite World War II movies

In Harm's Way
Patton
Destination Tokyo
Battle of The Bulge
Saving Private Ryan
The Great Escape

Pete how could you leave out .. The Longest Day??  Think one of my fave scenes... The german in bunker at beach. Sees the armada begin to appear.
While they begin shelling his position. He is yelling into the phone.. You know those thousand ships you say the allies don't have?? Listen, they are here!!
Something like that..

Another one with John Wayne .. They were expendable. Movie about the PT boats service.

MAJOR league again.. for Pete One of my fave lines of all times.
"The duke leads the league in hit batsmen." "Why I even heard, he threw at his own kid." "In a father son game!!"

Storm

Offline stormbolt7

• God Member
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2012, 07:22:16 AM »
In which we serve http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI8hEghYpyA based (loosely) on fact Lord Louis Mountbatten's destroyer HMS Kelly and dedicated to the RoyaL Navy
wereon under the good providence of Almighty God the wealth safety and strength of this Kingdom chiefly depends.

Anything starring Leslie Howard (especially Pimpernell Smith Pygmalian and  for the Canadians here 49th Parrallel)

His private Secretary co starring John Wayne as you've never seen him before (A romantic lead!)   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIrvw3ETDHo

Gremlins 2 (especially the opening scenes)

The Stranger (Edward G Robinson and Orson Welles make a fantastic combination) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu8-V9JRX_g&feature=related

Dead on Arrival (my fav film noir even though it doesnt have a femme fatale)

the Blue Dahlia ( a great femme fatale film..) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JdlxXBalzo

Rebecca (one of Hitch's best!)
confession time Ive always wanted to be a femme fatale!

and yes
its a wonderful life...
The Wizard of Oz
some Basil Rathbone movies.

Jenn Peccavi ..
Woww you surprised me listing that old John Wayne title..
You may want to give these 2 a look.
Flame of Barbary Coast   .. Like you said.. kind of different style for him .. Romantic lead.. Yet also a historical type/ period piece.
Romantic comedy .. North to Alaska
Both of these with John Wayne

One thing that usually is not given.. He honestly, got to work. With most of Hollywoods most beautiful female stars. During the time he was acting. Kind of a who's who of beauty at that time. From Marlene Dietrich, and Lauren Bacall.. to Sophia Loren, Ann Margaret, Janet Leigh and It's a wonderful life's Donna Reed.

BTW anyone have interests in John Wayne movies... Have most of them here.. so maybe can recommend one!!

Storm

Offline marydfights

• God Member
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2012, 02:49:03 PM »
war related movies....Breaker Morant is a brilliant film.

mary xxx
friends are those who stay and wait for an answer after asking how you are.

Offline stormbolt7

• God Member
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2012, 06:35:15 PM »
Another fave movie ..

The Negotiator  .. with Samuel L Jackson, and Kevin Spacey .  Different kind of police/ crime story

Storm

Wrestlerjunkee

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2012, 01:25:10 AM »
Back to the Future

Star Wars (Episodes 4-5-6)

Constatine

Offline HB

• God Member
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2012, 04:25:32 PM »
For Holloween the movie I'll be watching again is Cabin in the Woods. It could be the best horror movie I've seen in a few years. It reminds me of "scream" as it plays with "The rules" of a horror movie in new and refeshing way.

It was surprisingly fun, but then again, anything with Richard Jenkins is worth watching. For me it was a lot more clever than "Scream" and best of all... no Drew Barrymore  ;D