News:

COMMERCIAL SITES: Please note - if WANT A BANNER LINK? displayed on this site, please contact FEMMEFIGHT

What is a fave movie. You could watch over, and over again??

• 529 Replies

Offline StarBear

• God Member
Re: What is a fave movie. You could watch over, and over again??
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2012, 07:06:10 AM »
Totally have to agree....."The Ref" was hilarious.  Great Suggestion.

Also have to give two thumbs for "The Negotiator" I just saw it. Simply:  Amazing!
While you practice to get it right, I practice to never get it wrong.

Offline stormbolt7

• God Member
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2012, 07:37:33 AM »
Totally have to agree....."The Ref" was hilarious.  Great Suggestion.

Also have to give two thumbs for "The Negotiator" I just saw it. Simply:  Amazing!

Thing about the negotiator ..Kind of keep misdirecting you. So you don't know for sure who is guilty. Plus make you think some are, that maybe are not. So first time through.. kind of a good who done it. WITH extra twists and turns!!

PhillyBaby .. Hey the more the merrier, for titles ... As you see.. Princess Bride .. is there for several people. PLUS most, giving more than 1 title. HEY lot of good movies out there. So feel free, to add more than one!!

Cindy .. Hmmmmmm maybe not true for the ladies you catfight. yet nice seeing you Sting .. your way through here.
Kind of one of the best original con man movies.
DIGGSTOWN .. great seesaw battle between con men  Bruce Dern, and James Woods.. With louis Gosset jr... LIKE negotirator.. first time through. Each time you think one side has it for the win. The other side, pulls something else to gain advantage again.

Livdeadgirl .. OK HEY I mean the ladies name, SCREAMS Halloween!! So I am going to take it from her.. This movie being added to my to see list!! Thanks, for adding this in!!

Justine .. Hmmmmm would comment on Blues brothers.. But I'm currently on a mission from God. Trying to put the old band back together!!  He he he

Some great suggestions here folks!! Plus hoping like me. Some others. Getting to see movies, thay may want to check out now!!

Storm

Offline stormbolt7

• God Member
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2012, 07:42:28 AM »
Almost forgot this OR maybe added before. YET worth mentioning..

Think this is a wonderful performance by Kirk Douglas, in his pater years.
Greedy ... with Michael J Fox .. Kirk Douglas, Olivia D'abo (Gorgeous.. got to meet her in person wowww!!).

AGAIN  this is a comedy.. some drama.. and LOTS of twists... Not going to spoil it.. YET the final scene with Kirk Douglas.. AWESOME finish, and pay off, for the movie!! Definately had not seen that coming, and LOVED it, when it finished!!

Storm

Offline stormbolt7

• God Member
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2012, 07:22:50 AM »
ok two more comedies ...  for the sci fi fans .. 
SpaceBalls the movie..   Have to admit. This one is fun.  I am your fathers, brothers, uncles, cousins, former roomate. "What does that make us?? Absolutely nothing!!
(May not have that all completely correct, yet you get the idea.)

I said fire across her nose, not up it!!  LEADING of course to the "I knew it I'm surrounded by assholes line!!

GalaxyQuest .. with Tim Allen, and Sigourney Weaver. Also has some good scenes. Kind of parody of the Star Trek original series.

Storm

Offline marydfights

• God Member
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2012, 12:30:45 PM »
Casablanca, so obvious a choice yet somehow omitted so far.
Oddly i need to add a western too....Once Upon a Time in the West, that haunting harmonica

mary xxx
friends are those who stay and wait for an answer after asking how you are.

Offline stormbolt7

• God Member
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2012, 08:10:49 PM »
KASIA ... Think it is cool. Seeing such a lovely young lady. Liking some of the older titles that way!! Thanks for adding in!!
Think Kasia has made One Flew over the coocoo's nest. A multi mentioned title now!!

Mary ... brings up nice idea.. westerns!!  Pauline your hubby into those or just war??

Some of my fave westerns .. more modern..
Tombstone of course.. Why Johhny Ringo, you look like someone. Just walked all over your grave... Some great lines, and powerful scenes.

Silverado ...  Sacketts  (Based on Louis L"amour series .... ) ...  Open Range ... Purgatory (Very different kind of idea). Maverick with Mel Gibson ... also great cameo role for James garner.

Older classics ...  John Wayne.. maybe two fave.. among many for me..  Rio Lobo and Big Jake Probably most watched. (Bet Pauline's hubby, would bring up. How unreal the blood color, looked back in those days.)
Magnificent seven .. again, just some very good lines. With strong acting performances.

Clint Eastwood .. Pale rider maybe most watched. Yet Hang em high as well.
Anyone else??

Offline PaulineG

• God Member
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2012, 10:07:17 PM »
Westerns hmm for me The Magnificent Seven (and I can name all 7 without using google) "I Ain't never ridden shotgun on a hearse before." Steve McQueen (gorgeous) and The Outlaw Josey Whales brilliant adaptation of a good book marred only by the mis-casting of the insipid and skinny Sondra Locke as the love interest when in the book she is described as a big healthy girl (much like I used to get referred  to as being).

His lordship's favourites are (all Jimmy Stewart)  Winchester 73, The man who shot liberty valance, Two Rode Together classic line whilst eating with the indians Richard Widmark "what is this?" Jimmy Stewart "Its pawnee" RW "What's pawnee?" JS "A very small horse!"  and of course The Alamo, Gettysburg and Glory although I say they are war films not traditional westerns his response is they are in the USA which is west of us so they count!!!!

Oh and we both like Cat Ballou me because of Lee Marvin and his drunk horse him for a very young Jane Fonda

Offline StarBear

• God Member
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2012, 04:26:18 AM »
Kasia is already flown over the cuckoo's nest though :P   
While you practice to get it right, I practice to never get it wrong.

Offline BigDevil

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2012, 07:02:42 AM »
The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, Cujo, The Shining (mini series version the Nicholson version was horrible), The Stand, Stand By Me, Misery, Carrie, Dreamcatcher, 1408, The Mist. I figured with Halloween coming up i'd post some of my fav Stephen King movies.
Have fun and tussle.

Offline stormbolt7

• God Member
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2012, 06:17:41 AM »
The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, Cujo, The Shining (mini series version the Nicholson version was horrible), The Stand, Stand By Me, Misery, Carrie, Dreamcatcher, 1408, The Mist. I figured with Halloween coming up i'd post some of my fav Stephen King movies.

Devil .. what about the original CREEPSHOW??  Kind of interesting.. think usually. Stephen King .. has NOT liked many. Of the movie adaptations.

Oh think TommyKnockers was one of his also.. not a bad movie either!!

Storm

Offline stormbolt7

• God Member
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2012, 06:20:27 AM »
For me it would be "All The Marbles" with Peter Falk my all time favorite now if we talk tv shows my number 1 show would be NCIS, II'd love to go one on one with Abby Schutto or Ziva David!

Belly punching Latina ... Have to agree with the Ncis like .. Have first 6 seasons on disc ... PLUS  Think a LOT of ladies.. would like to tangle, with Abby .. YET think Ziva would surprise a LOT of ladies. Small in size, yet LOT of kick ass training, and moves!!

Thanks for posting ... All the Marbles... That is from the late 70's isn;t it??  Interesting choice.

Storm

Offline stormbolt7

• God Member
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2012, 06:23:59 AM »
Haunted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PK5jC_5zYw&feature=related

Darna zaroori hai
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfFcVM-ME80&feature=related

Which Haunted are you talking about?? Think a few movies had been named that. Nice you added the links. Yet some people, do not usually like jumping links, for computer safety. You have several movies listed..
Can you maybe give some info on them. When posting also??

WHY StarBear ...  you say things about Kasia like that. She may not be willing to help storm the castle later!!   ;)

Storm

Offline william c

« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2012, 01:13:01 PM »
I can't believe that no one has mentioned "The Usual Suspects" or "Caddyshack" yet!

Offline stormbolt7

• God Member
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2012, 05:45:55 AM »
I can't believe that no one has mentioned "The Usual Suspects" or "Caddyshack" yet!

"Excuse me, but I think if I kill all the golfers. Won't I get into trouble??"
"NOT golfers.. the Gophers man!!"

Hey Moose.. Rocko .. Help the judge remember where he has his wallet.. Rodney Dangerfield at his best!!  Nice add..

Aerver .... NICE  adding the wikepedia...  Thought some of the titles where from India or Hindi. Now I see you add Hungama .. knew it for sure.
True ... depending on your location. The titles probably not as easy to get. Definately explains the need, for the youtube links!!

With Caddyshack entered .. Have to throw in the original  Police Academy!! 
Airplane ... I am serious and stop calling me shirley!
Hot Shots . also good parody .. Hard to go wrong. When you give the set up.. for pilot Dead meat Thompson!!  LOL

Storm

Offline stormbolt7

• God Member
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2012, 08:34:46 PM »
2 more war movies ..

U-571  very nice one. Also based on some actual fact.  Also reminded me of 
The Enemy Below  NIce naval game of cat and mouse. Between a sub and a destroyer

Submarine comdey .. Down Periscope  with Kelsey Grammer

Not sure mentioned before 2 more faves with same actor  Jim Cazaviel ..
Frequency  is GREAT!! Kind of time paradox, murder investigation. VERY good attention to detail!!  Seems to wrap everything up nicely by the end as well.
Count of Monte Cristo   very enjoyable as well.

Storm